snorkel equipment

soon to cruise

Yes... I highly recommend the Sam's Club snorkel gear set by BodyGlove (I think about $35). It's a lot better than just snorkel equipment. It's a great warm water set!

I have been a SCUBA diver for 30 years, and I'm more than satified with this equipment. I went on a number of deep 100' plus dives with this equipment in Maui without any issues what-so-ever... plus plenty of snorkelling. My family loves this gear too, and they are beginners.

Make sure the masks fit your fave correctly. You should be able to gently suck in through your nose and have the mask hold tight.

To keep your mask from fogging... use Johnson's no-more-tears shampoo and coat the lenz (inside) of the mask before putting it on.

Good luck...! :)

Yes... I highly recommend the Sam's Club snorkel gear set by BodyGlove (I think about $35). It's a lot better than just snorkel equipment. It's a great warm water set!

I have been a SCUBA diver for 30 years, and I'm more than satified with this equipment. I went on a number of deep 100' plus dives with this equipment in Maui without any issues what-so-ever... plus plenty of snorkelling. My family loves this gear too, and they are beginners.

I just sunk $25 on a snorkel alone!

Is this the one you're talking about? It's the only one I could find online. I could drive the 45 minutes to the closest Sam's Club, but with gas prices the way they are I could keep my more expensive stuff and break even! lol

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=166112&pCatg=5497

Nope... It's made by BodyGlove... $35 This set would cost $100 on sale at Sport's Authority.

I've looked at the U.S. Diver's sets and would not purchase them. Well... maybe as a last resort. The straps will rub your feet raw without booties.

The BodyGlove set has fitted fins... no straps. No raw spots.

The BodyGlove dive sets are in the stores only. I see that Sam's only has US Diver's on-line.

Nope... It's made by BodyGlove... $35 This set would cost $100 on sale at Sport's Authority.

I've looked at the U.S. Diver's sets and would not purchase them. Well... maybe as a last resort. The straps will rub your feet raw without booties.

The BodyGlove set has fitted fins... no straps. No raw spots.

The BodyGlove dive sets are in the stores only. I see that Sam's only has US Diver's on-line.

Thank you for your help. OK...I think I found it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110116263989&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

If I have the product right, I'll make the drive. I could go pick up 2000 rolls of toilet paper and make the trip cost efficient! :)

You better visit these two pages right now and save them in your favorites. I suspect that cruise critic may delete my posts.

You can also go to write this down: go to sportsauthority.com and search on Blody Glove. You want the Body Glove Snap Adult Snorkel Fins and Body Glove Reliance Purge Mask / Snake Snorkel Combo

Fit is very important for a good snorkel experience.

What kind of prices do they have... Will you pay thru the nose...?

Most folks don't want to pay a lot... they will just be snorkeling. My snorkel set at Sam's (the one I use for warm water diving too) was $35 ... and at Sports Authority, same equipment can be had for $60. Haven't seen it cheaper elsewhere... even at the site you provided.

You better visit these two pages right now and save them in your favorites. I suspect that cruise critic may delete my posts.

You can also go to write this down: go to sportsauthority.com and search on Blody Glove. You want the Body Glove Snap Adult Snorkel Fins and Body Glove Reliance Purge Mask / Snake Snorkel Combo

Fit is very important for a good snorkel experience.

Were you naughty? ;) lol

I did save them to my favorites. I will probably be taking the drive soon to see if our Sam's has them. If not, I'll probably have to order them online for a little bit more. It's still cheaper than the stuff I've started to buy.

For good prices on equipment try www.leisurepro.com . I've gotten several things from them and have been very happy. I have a couple of friend who dive and they also like Leisure Pro. When getting a mask fit and comfort are very important. Try on as many as you can to compare different styles.

Thank you for the site information. I'm browsing around right now! :)

Has anyone used Sams Club or walmart snorkeling epuipment with any success. Are they good? This will probably be our only time using them and I'd rather not rent stuff, but dont want to pay a fortune either.

thanks

susan

We got ours at Costco and have been satisfied with it. We always plan some type of snorkeling trip for each cruise. I always drag our equipment with us. It takes up a whole suitcase, which seems like a hassel, but thats ok since I don't want to rent stuff. God only knows who clean it is.

VentureMan, just thought I'd let you know I found the exact gear set you recommended at Sam's Club today. When we were checking out, the cashier said "Good call. These sets sell for about 2 times the price at the sports stores. They have actually came here, bought them, and replenished their own stock". WOW!

Even with purchasing a membership, I saved almost $100 thanks to you!! THANK YOU so much for your tip! :D

Thanks everyone for the advice. I had just purchased this set from Sam's without really knowing anything about it for my first snorkeling trip. I'm glad to hear I accidentally made a good choice. This makes me feel much better. Thanks

Darla

Looks like everyone got the advice they wanted. Just to let you know I use a set I bought from target. It broke last year in Jamicia on my last day. It lasted for 4 years in HI snorkleing about 4 times a week and then an additional 5 years. So 9 years total for 20.00. I will probally go to Sams to buy my new set since venture man thinks its great;). Just a little tip if you have an extra snorkle (breathing piece) I would take it I lost mine once when I was diving to pick up a sand dollar and didnt notice till it was too late. Also I would say to try the snorkle in your mouth before you leave on your trip to make sure it doesnt rub your gums because that makes for a poor snorkle experience(in my personal experience).

Do the snorkel mouthpieces come in different sizes? I've only tried to snorkel once, but the mouthpiece was way to big for my mouth and I couldn't get a good grip on it or seal. I mainly just ended up sucking in lots of saltwater.

I was thinking of buying a kid's set to try but then the goggles would be too small.

Archived