ABC's for Cruising from Tampa Today

bjkeen

Ok, I expect rain the weatherman says. We have 80% chance of rain again today. I was hoping that we would have the summer showers to cool the temp. off, but not this much rain. Yesterday we had four inches. Last week we had nine inches. So here are the ABC's for cruising out of Tampa today.

A= Bring Umbrella

B= Don't wear good shoes when boarding the ship, they will get wet.

C= Bring a light weight wind breaker to keep the rain off of you.

D= Expect rain

E= Enjoy your cruise!

Guest Time2gocruzn

Thanks BJ. Hey, I have a OT ? for you. What do you think of the sailport resort? I am sailing out of Tampa with my DH, 2 small kids, my mom and dad. We were thinking about getting a 2 BR here, as we are flying in the day b4 we cruise. The price seems reasonable, cheaper than renting 2 seperate rooms at most places. We aren't looking for the fanciest place, don't want to spend a ton of $$ on a 1 night stay, but on the other hand we don't want to stay in a dump either. From what I understand they will pick us up at the airport and take us to the pier. Have you heard anything about this place? I have read other reviews and it is kind of 50/50. Is their any other place you suggest? I have heard you have to becareful where what hotel you book as the neighborhood can change from block to block. SO I am lost here. Thanks!

The exterior of the hotel looks fine. The hotel is in one of the best areas in Tampa. There are other really nice hotels there. I have never been on the inside of the hotel.

Happy Cruising!

I think Zonemasconi or Doulasue went inside the hotel. Let's ask them how it was.

Here in the panhandle it's mid 80's with a breeze. The cold front from Canada is cooling things off a little, I can actually stand to be outside. Suppose to have afternoon showers but doesn't look like that will happen.

sls

Archived