Air To Vancouver From Albany, NY

zurmoly

Just a suggestion. Fly into Seattle and take the bus, limo, or rent a car to Vancouver. I popped your flights on Travelocity, picked flexible dates April-July, and up pops a screen-'save money, fly into a nearby airport-Seattle.'

Flights on Travelocity from May through August, 2005 averaged $450 to YVR and $203 to Seattle. I know Travelocity is not the end all for cheap air fare, but it is a good indicator.

We are cruising next June and looking at the same thing. Have you considered Boston? One of the things we find with Albany is many flights have two changes as the secondary airports seem to fly you into another airport to put you on a plane that has one change. We sometimes travel farther to a major airport and stay over at a hotel that offers free parking for a week or so if you spend the night before your flight,which will probably leave VERY early if you want to get to Vancouver during the day. Also,if you book the flight as part of a cruise package,my understanding is the airfare may be higher than out of a major airport but will save you money if you are flying from someplace like Albany as the cruise companies have a standard airfare for any airport in a region.

We are cruising next June and looking at the same thing. Have you considered Boston? One of the things we find with Albany is many flights have two changes as the secondary airports seem to fly you into another airport to put you on a plane that has one change. We sometimes travel farther to a major airport and stay over at a hotelsthat offers free parking for a week or so if you spend the night before your flight,which will probably leave VERY early if you want to get to Vancouver during the day. Also,if you book the flight as part of a cruise package,my understanding is the airfare may be higher than out of a major airport but will save you money if you are flying from someplace like Albany as the cruise companies have a standard airfare for any airport in a region.

Your last statement is incorrect, NORMALLY. As far as I am concerned, cruise air is generally a rip off. Easy for the customer, but NO control and pay threw the nose. And who wants to fly all those miles and not accumulate FF miles. Most cruise air is booked in Z class (no miles) AND generally NO upgrades (or you pay an outrageous amount for an upgrade)There are exceptions to every air fare, BUT. When you are flying from a smaller airport, look at the possibility of booking RT from the smaller airport to the larger airport, and then RT from the larger airport to your cruise destination.

Example: I need to fly to NYC once a month for business from Phoenix. Some times, the only fare I can get from Phoenix to NY is in the neighorhood of $500.00. But I can almost always get a flight from LAX to NY for around $250. The LCC's almost always have a fare from PHX/LAX for about $100.00. So now I have spent $350.00. Even if I leave work in the evening, fly to LA, spend the night in a hotel (Priceline, usually and which is a relaxing way to start the trip), I have still saved at least $100.00. And if I time it right, I can get on the early plane out of Phoenix, and get to NY by no later than 8:00PM, NY time. Sure, I spent a couple of extra hours flying around. But when I figure the time/value of money, I would have to make at least $50.00 per hour to NOT justify the savings, even figuring in the porters to schlepp my luggage.

I am in the logistics management business-spend 10 hours a day doing nothing but booking freight all over the world on any mode of transportation that works for me and the customer. Passengers are easier than freight-not so much paperwork. I book a lot of freight from small airports to other small airports. I am really saavy in this area. I will book two airlines in a hot second if my goal is to save money. If I need to make a rush shipment, then only one airline and YES, I do pay the price!!! If I can help, please email-greatam@earthlink.net

Archived