Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

And what cabin were you in?????

We were in E244 and my Mother in law was in E191. My husband has approx. 80-100 bites, I have 30-40, my Mother in law counted approx 24 and my Father in law is covered in his groin area, poor guy!! Guest relations really sucked, wouldn't let me speak to the Chief Purser until I refused to leave the ship till I did. Now I have to wait for Carnival Corp. guest relations to contact me on Monday. I feel sorry for the next unsuspecting guest in those rooms. I would bet that many other people who don't know what one looks like have been affected as well. Our cabins were too far apart to think it's limited to just those cabins, probably everyone in between too.

We were in E244 and my Mother in law was in E191. My husband has approx. 80-100 bites, I have 30-40, my Mother in law counted approx 24 and my Father in law is covered in his groin area, poor guy!! Guest relations really sucked, wouldn't let me speak to the Chief Purser until I refused to leave the ship till I did. Now I have to wait for Carnival Corp. guest relations to contact me on Monday. I feel sorry for the next unsuspecting guest in those rooms. I would bet that many other people who don't know what one looks like have been affected as well. Our cabins were too far apart to think it's limited to just those cabins, probably everyone in between too.

Were you on a beach, excursion, motel, etc.? Much much more likely you got the bites somewhere else. Especially considering you WERE in two different cabins. Odds that only you and your relatives in two different cabins got them, yet no one else on your cruise or any of the cruises prior to you has reported any problems whatsoever. Just highly improbable.

Were you on a beach, excursion, motel, etc.? Much much more likely you got the bites somewhere else. Especially considering you WERE in two different cabins. Odds that only you and your relatives in two different cabins got them, yet no one else on your cruise or any of the cruises prior to you has reported any problems whatsoever. Just highly improbable.

Did I not mention that we found the bugs attached to our skin and the infirmary nurse verified that we indeed had been attacked by bed bugs. I was an exterminater for 16 years, I know what I'm talking about. I actually picked live bugs off of our skin this morning, and the first bites occured Monday night, waking up with itchy bites Tuesday morning.

bedbug_nymph.jpgGoogle bed bugs, this is what I found on our skin and I found several of these bedbug7_large.jpg

on my husbands legs and groin area. These are not fleas, they are bed bugs.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the Ecstasy ever tender while in Cozumel? We're going on the Jan 12 sailing, and it looks like there will be three Carnival ships (and three others for a total of six ships) in port at the same time on Jan 14.

I was also amazed to see NINE ships at one time just this past Wednesday. Wow, that's got to be crowded! :eek:

Does the Ecstasy ever tender while in Cozumel? We're going on the Jan 12 sailing, and it looks like there will be three Carnival ships (and three others for a total of six ships) in port at the same time on Jan 14.

I was also amazed to see NINE ships at one time just this past Wednesday. Wow, that's got to be crowded! :eek:

Someone may have to be the odd man out if there are six ships. International will only take three ships so could be one of the CCL ships will have to tender. Good luck. Let us know when you get back.

We had to tender from the Ecstasy to Puerta Maya pier last January.

I hope we're not tendering when I sail again on January 31!

We had to tender from the Ecstasy to Puerta Maya pier last January.

I hope we're not tendering when I sail again on January 31!

Is Puera Maya the pier just south of the International pier? Is that where all tenders go? The reason I ask is that we are trying to coordinate meeting up with some local groups.

I guess we really won't know until we are out at sea, as the calendars aren't updated until after we depart!

I arrive in Cozumel on Feb 2...and am really hoping to get to dock at Punta Langosta.

I will be checking CruiseCal to find out which dock before I leave home, and I'll be so happppyyyy if a dock is listed!

The locals are great about finding out which dock a ship will use...or if it will tender.

Have a wonderful trip!

Is Puera Maya the pier just south of the International pier? Is that where all tenders go? The reason I ask is that we are trying to coordinate meeting up with some local groups.

I guess we really won't know until we are out at sea, as the calendars aren't updated until after we depart!

Yes it is the one south of Int'l. You won't tender there though as they have construction crews on it now.

IF you tender it will probably be to Puerto Langosta.

It's my understanding that it's still going on I just just trying to find out if it's on the Ecstasy as the news release stated 7 night and longer except the Elation. SOmeone on another post said Ecstasy was in the news release but I didn't see it. Just want to confirm with someone who has been on the Ecstasy before I tell my group about it.

Anyone know of any good pre-cruise bars/pubs that may be open prior to sailing? Snoozeman....are u there? Snoozeman!

Several good ones on the Strand. There's a pub just a few blocks away (you can see it from the ship). Zone was on the Ecstasy when it was delayed by fog and he said they had a big party at one, I think it was there. I'll look for names.

Me, I like the Fun Ship Special so I just start on board ASAP.

Several good ones on the Strand. There's a pub just a few blocks away (you can see it from the ship). Zone was on the Ecstasy when it was delayed by fog and he said they had a big party at one, I think it was there. I'll look for names.

Me, I like the Fun Ship Special so I just start on board ASAP.

Cheers Snoozeman......I know what you mean but I was just wanting a pint or two, maybe three of a nice brew prior to boarding...

:cool: We are heading out for our first cruise EVER and chose The Esctasy for location and length of cruise. Any words of wisdon and helpful hints for us:confused: We are two couples,fifty-ish, all sailing for the first time. The guys are planning on golf in Cozumel...other than that, no firm plans have been made.

This board has taught us so much. Thanks to all of you!!!

Sandy

Words of wisdom:

Don't sweat the small stuff!

The Ecstasy has served my needs well...8 times! The current Captain (Pier Paolo Scala) and his lovely wife/Hotel Director run a great little ship! The staff is friendly, the ship is well tended, and I've always had a lovely time.

One of the oldest and smallest ships of the Carnival fleet, the Ecstasy is easy to get around, cozy, and (while not the greatest decor) clean. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of the newer and larger ships, but you'll get a taste of the cruise experience that I hope you'll enjoy!

Have a wonderful trip!

:cool: We are heading out for our first cruise EVER and chose The Esctasy for location and length of cruise. Any words of wisdon and helpful hints for us:confused: We are two couples,fifty-ish, all sailing for the first time. The guys are planning on golf in Cozumel...other than that, no firm plans have been made.

This board has taught us so much. Thanks to all of you!!!

Sandy

Another Texas gal - welcome. You have found the right place. You may want to check out my website also - tons of stuff that I have collected throughout the years.

Check the ports of call boards - lots of stuff there also. My favorite spot in Coz is Paradise Beach Club.

Cheryl,

Thanks for all the tips, I saved it to my favorites and plan to re-read every word!! Was not pleased to read that the very cabin we are staying in, had "clanking and vibrating" sounds directly below it...I hope it was a one time thing:eek: Can't wait to sail in 36 days!!!!!

Your fellow Texan,

Sandy

OK Cruiser: How many people? The reason I ask is because others have mentioned that they have rented a car at the airport and dropped it in Galveston cheaper. I would think you would need more then 2 people to make it worth it - but I don't know. Then they rent one back or take the transfers. I have heard good and bad about the Carnival transfers. ONe drawback is you have to wait until the bus is full before they will leave. At least with the car yourun less of a chance of running into a large crowd trying to board at one time.

From what I understand the driver drops everyone at the pier with the luggage and then returns the car - the rental car place will shuttle one person over to the pier. When you return you call the rental car place to pick you up. The driver picks up the car and then picks everyone up.

Thanks Sandy. I'm working on adding some things so be sure and check back often. I'm working on Web Cams right now. As far as the cabin - oh well - you know better for next time. Maybe it was just a fluke. Take ear plugs but don't let to ruin your cruise.

Archived