Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Does anyone know how much the mixed drinks and beer are? How much are the massages? How much is the soda card? Do they have Dr Pepper? Just trying to see how much money I need to bring with us. I do not want to do a sign & sail with credit card we want to pay cash so we don't go overboard. We did the credit card thing at Disney World and I was not keeping up with it and by the end of the week I went OMG! Just want to be more careful this time. Thanks a bunch:confused:

Hey justanothermommy, it looks like we will be on the same cruise!! Hope to see you there .... we are 1st timers too! :p

Hi, just got back from the ecstasy a few weeks ago. We are not big drinkers but my daughter bought a couple of mixed drinks- ran about $6-7 each. They have a special drink each day and it was about $4 in a cup or $7 with the take home souvineer glass. She bought one of those. The drink was not that great but she has the hot pink plastic glass lol !!:)

We did the not do the coke card because we are not big soft drink people so did not think it would be worth it. I think it was about $30 but cannot remember. Someone will know on the forum.

In all the food areas there are tea, fruit punch ndrinks, and lemonade so we got that if we wanted something with us laying out. All free! Also, there are drinks in your room but if you consume them you will be charged. $3.50 for water was a little steep for us. We brought a couple of bottled waters with us in our luggage and then refilled them. We also brought a few Dr. Peppers in our carry on luggage.

We did not do the massages because they were $100 - $200 or more and I can get one at home for $50-60. But I did hear that - if you were in port- the massages were a little less and they ran specials for the people that stayed on the ship. We went on excursions so we left. One more thing, some people got a massage on the beach for about $15 for 45-50 min and said it was great. We were snokling at that time but might be something to check out.

We did use the sail card with a credit card but it was just my daughter and I and I was pretty frugal about it because I did not want any surprises. Also, we did not gamble- just watched. I brought about $500 cash and came home with money. One thing I did - which I thought was worth it- I printed some of the pictures I took off my sd card right there on the ship. You just put the order in one day and get them the next night. That way I had a bunch of pictures to show people at work as soon as I got home. I have a photo printer but this was faster and saved my ink.Have fun!!

Just off the Ecstasy (V3) and I think it was an actual queen, although it felt a touch larger. A very comfy bed with great bedding and pillows.

can you tell me how was it that high up on the ship? did you feel more movement or rocking? thanks for any insight!:)

If you looked from the top down - it was high but it did not bother me. if you were scared of heights it might. It was a little spooky at night looking down real far to the ocean at night. Just kept remembering the movie Titanic :p LOL

As far as rocking goes, we had a rough day on Tuesday - the ship was rocking but they said it was very unusual to have that much movement.

We booked the May 8, 2008 sailing just a few days ago. We already have a cabin assignment. (guaranteed) R 241. It's the very back cabin on the starboard side. Is anyone familiar with this cabin or one close? It should be relatively quiet with three decks of cabins above it. We were forward on the Empress deck twice on Celebration and you sure could hear the late night shows blasting away.

Do you know what is UNDER the rear of the Riviera deck? The engine room has to be down there somewhere but a least a couple of decks lower.

One advantage of being the very last cabin is that you only have half the chances of noisy neighbors. And hopefully, being at the end of the hallway there won't be a lot of foot traffic, especially with youngsters running rampant while their parents sit up in the bar abdicating parental responsibilities. Of course, MOST kids should be in school and not taking vacations two weeks before school is out... but I digress....

Just hoping for a nice quiet cabin, though the website I booked through showed "Free 2 catagory upgrade!" where I selected this sailing. An

"R" cabin doesn't sound like much of an upgrade at all, much less two catagories. Maybe that will change before the sailing... but I digress, again.

Do you feel a lot of pitch (for and aft) movement that far back in the ship? There shouldn't be too much roll that far down, though.

Thanks.

We were in R104 so am not sure I can help. We did not have any noise that I noticed at all and we were there on spring break and had teenagers around us. ( a school trip I think) Right below is the crew and the infirmery so that was nice but we did not hear engine noise or anything. I wish we were going again. Our room was a stateroom with a nice window- maybe that is your upgrade.

How does the Ecstasy compare to Conquest? I know she is smaller...but just as fun? Food as good? Relaxing? Thanks! :)

We have been on both ships and love both of them. The Ecstasy is a little smaller but just as fun and the food was excellent. We enjoy being able to sit outside at one of the tables outside on the Lido deck to eat which you cannot do on the Conquest class ships.

The Conquest is quite a bit larger. The Lido Deck Bistro is much larger with a second level. More food options such as fish and chips, and Asian food. At the height of lunch, it can be crowded so best to eat early or in the dining room. Even though she holds many more passengers, it never seemed crowded to us except at lunch as noted above. They are both great ships and I would sail either one in a heartbeat, in fact we just booked the Conquest for a second time for her first Eastern run. Travelgirl.

Quick question ...

Ive heard there are some issues with 'bad smells' on this boat ... as in vomit!!! :eek:

Can anyone clear this worry in my little pea brain and tell me its not true?!?! lol ...

We have cruised 5 times on the Ecstasy and have never had a problem with "bad smells".

This ship is VERY clean and the crew is always working to assure that it remains that way.

Cheers!

Maybe you guys can help. DH announced last night that he wants to take a cruise next month. Not much time to plan. We have our first family cruise planned for next year but he'd like to do one just the 2 of us this year.

The best date for his job would be the June 28 porting out of Galveston on Ecstasy. Right now the price is $699 in-$779 ov. Do you think the price will drop any between now and then? I know a lot depends on how full it gets booked and it's a risk waiting. Just wondering if anyone knows what our chances are of getting it for less if we wait.

I know we can get a price adjustment IF it drops after we book. But I'm not sure I want to spend quite that much on the spur of the moment. DH will get a military discount though I'm not sure how much that is.

I guess my biggest concern is not having much extra $$ at the ports (cozumel and progreso). Although we'd be happy with lunch and a beach.

Archived