Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

We are sailing the week before Christmas. Get back into Port Canaveral the 24th. About what time were you on the road after disembarking? We are planning to drive back to Pennsylvania to be home for Christmas morning. I know we're looking at about 18 hours and have done the drive a couple of times. We'd just like an idea as to what time we can actually get on the road. Thanks in advance to any replies.

Thanks, ruthlessboss. You just got off the ship today - It's good to get up to date info. So, sounds like you needed to have your passport with you in Key West? We usually take a photocopy of our passport info page and leave the originals on the ship in the safe.

I'll be on the cruise again on the 26th. The itinerary puts Key West before Nassau, so not sure if criteria will be the same, but I'll be prepared anyway. Fantasy was docked at the public dock on my trip.

Be sure to hit Mallory Square at sunset. Ours was at 5:20 P.M., there's ameteur entertainers, craft booths, etc. Leaves plenty of time to get back to the ship. The trollies that transport you are very nearby.

We are sailing the week before Christmas. Get back into Port Canaveral the 24th. About what time were you on the road after disembarking? We are planning to drive back to Pennsylvania to be home for Christmas morning. I know we're looking at about 18 hours and have done the drive a couple of times. We'd just like an idea as to what time we can actually get on the road. Thanks in advance to any replies.

Self debarking with your luggage started getting off the ship about 7:30 , got off according to what floor you were on. The rest had numbers 1 to 25, mine was 17, it was about 10 when getting off.

So, proudaunt, did you eat in the MDR often and what did you think of the food?

This seems to be the current question. Would love to hear your impressions of not only the food but the entire cruise and ship!

Thanks! We've got 9 days to go....

Great ship, very well kept up, the Evolutions of Fun upgrades (Serenity, pool deck) are more nicely done than they were on Inspiration, excellent entertainment. MDR and buffet food was OK, the rest (pizza, rotisserie, Mongolian wok, grill, sushi) was quite good. Complaints about the "new" menu are way overblown. The cocktails are potent.

Embarkation was a complete fiasco, hope it won't be so for you. Other than that, a great time & I'd gladly cruise Ecstasy again.

I just wrote a review of my cruise for the Member Reviews board - don't have a url for it yet, but if you search for my addy it should show up.

Just in suites on this class of ship.

just asking does anyone know if there are refrigerators in the rooms. i know the monarch does not haave them in the inside rooms.we're thinking about trying this ship in jan.???

We sailed on the Inspiration 2 yrs ago. (same class---Fantasy) We had connecting inside cabins and both our cabins had the mini-fridge. Know for a fact 'cause I put milk in the fridge for the grandkids bedtime snacks in their cabin and my husband had his insulin in our fridge.

I am hoping that the Ecstasy has them too. I know the stateroom description says suites only for this ship. :confused:

We sailed on the Inspiration 2 yrs ago. (same class---Fantasy) We had connecting inside cabins and both our cabins had the mini-fridge. Know for a fact 'cause I put milk in the fridge for the grandkids bedtime snacks in their cabin and my husband had his insulin in our fridge.

I am hoping that the Ecstasy has them too. I know the stateroom description says suites only for this ship. :confused:

I had a balcony.....no fridge.

Hi everyone, I'll be sailing on the Ecstasy 12-1-11.

If anyone has any "heads up" to give me about any must know items, please advise. :eek:

If anyone wants me to check out anything or report back on anything, just let me know. :)

I'm confused about the safes on Ecstasy. Carnival.com says Fantasy and Ecstasy have keys, but a post here from Nov 2010 says there is a keypad. Just want to make sure it isn't a magnetic card, in case I don't bring a spare.

Our inside cabin on Riviera deck had a safe with a keypad. I got off a couple days ago so this is up to date info.

I'll be on the cruise again on the 26th. The itinerary puts Key West before Nassau, so not sure if criteria will be the same, but I'll be prepared anyway. Fantasy was docked at the public dock on my trip.

Be sure to hit Mallory Square at sunset. Ours was at 5:20 P.M., there's ameteur entertainers, craft booths, etc. Leaves plenty of time to get back to the ship. The trollies that transport you are very nearby.

I definitely plan to see the Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square!! It's been going on for years, and is still fun! Thanks and see ya on board!

Hi everyone, I'll be sailing on the Ecstasy 12-1-11.

If anyone has any "heads up" to give me about any must know items, please advise. :eek:

If anyone wants me to check out anything or report back on anything, just let me know. :)

That's the day we are off the Ecstasy, so won't have time to give you any last minute tips before you leave. But know you'll have a great cruise!!

Have you checked the Roll Call board for your sailing? It's fun to chat with others on the same sailing and maybe meet for a drink if you hit it off with anyone special. Some groups have group meetings to introduce yourselves to each other.

That's the day we are off the Ecstasy, so won't have time to give you any last minute tips before you leave. But know you'll have a great cruise!!

Have you checked the Roll Call board for your sailing? It's fun to chat with others on the same sailing and maybe meet for a drink if you hit it off with anyone special. Some groups have group meetings to introduce yourselves to each other.

Oh thanks anyway. And best wishes for a great crusie for you as well! :)

Yep, I was just posting over there, seems like there will be some fun people sailing that week! :D I'm really getting excited to go!

Bring your own hairdryer. No refrigerators in cabins although we met one cruiser who got one delivered for his medicine. Horrible time going thru customs once we arrived in Key West. We had a long wait standing around waiting to be processed so if you have a non-carnival excursion booked be aware that you may be late. Lots of smoking areas onboard this ship. Wish I knew this prior to booking.

Bring your own hairdryer. No refrigerators in cabins although we met one cruiser who got one delivered for his medicine. Horrible time going thru customs once we arrived in Key West. We had a long wait standing around waiting to be processed so if you have a non-carnival excursion booked be aware that you may be late. Lots of smoking areas onboard this ship. Wish I knew this prior to booking.

On the customs situation, we were supposed to start at 11:45 in Sapphire lounge (front of ship), I heard they were not ready to start then. I went later, bad mistake. Remember, this was protocol when Key West was the last stop. I don't know how it's handled when it's the first stop.

As for smoking areas, there were no more smoking areas than any other ship. Most hung out on one side of Lido. There are quite a few slot machines for smokers, but did not deter non smokers from being there. The machines where smoking is okay are clearly marked. Machines seemed quite tight.

Key West is our third stop. So what time do you recommend lining up to get off the ship? I show we are in port at 12:00 so is 11:30 a good time to get ready to get off the ship the fastest?

Also, I was told we couldn't get a fridge when I called a month ago. My brother needs one to keep ice packs cold for his medication when off the ship. Any idea if the guest relations desk can store some ice packs?

Key West is our third stop. So what time do you recommend lining up to get off the ship? I show we are in port at 12:00 so is 11:30 a good time to get ready to get off the ship the fastest?

All I can tell you is "good luck". It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever witnessed on a cruise (the second most was the muster drill...more on that later). Anyway, you are first at the mercy of the immigration officials. They can't get on the ship until it is actually docked. Then you have to deal with the thousands of other guests who must clear (regardless of whether you get off the ship or not, you must clear immigration). The info given to us said that we enter on deck 8 of the Blue Sapphire...this turned out to not be the case and we were instructed to enter on deck 9 of the Blue Sapphire. They also were announcing that the ship would not be cleared and no one could get off until after everyone went through immigration (this turned out not to be true). After waiting for maybe an hour we gave up and went to have lunch. We returned an hour later and the line was still wrapped all around the atrium. Not fun. So I can't really answer your question. Maybe try to be first in line so you can breeze through.

Archived