Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

The kids had more fun on the Ecstasy than on any other vacation we've taken!

Looks like this sailing (Aug. 16), there will be LOTS of kids and a group cruise for the " Dallas Margarita Society" - "Party with a Purpose Cruise".

...a Great time for all!

Cruised on the Ecstasy this past Jan. 2007. If you would like to read my review of the cruise...go here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9098226

To see photos of the ship...go here:

http://family.webshots.com/album/557602758BFevzH?vhost=family&vhost=family

I had an outside cabin with 2 port-hole windows. I have several photos of those type cabins in the photo album.

Ask me any questions...I will be happy to answer them.;)

We are from FTW, too (NRH) and will be waving as you get off and we get on. In the past we have done the Merida shopping tour (great!) and took the free bus from the dock to the market place for shopping but am thinking of doing the Uxmal ruins this time. Looking forward to the Ecstasy! :D TG23

We are all from the HEB area, I live in FTW but it is practically hurst it is so close, and the couple who are going with us, she is from Bedford!! And we work together in bedford, but here lately we don't get much work done. We only "work" inbetween planning our cruise and reading these boards!! I got so addicted to these boards on our first cruise in 04 and I got her hooked now too!!

One regret I have is I did not plan an excursion in Progresso. I am coming back in October and I will be sure to have a plan to go to the ruins. I enjoyed it myself but my husband was bored just roaming around the little town.

Hi, Randykaye - I know what you mean about "working" in between reading the CC boards - LOL. I work with another secretary who is addicted to cruising. I am retiring this month so am looking forward to cruising whenever we want to as DH is already retired. We have not sailed on the Ecstasy but have been on her sister ship the Elation twice and also the Inspiration. We can hardly wait. TG23

If HDawson sees this thread maybe he will grant a request:

HDawson,

Please post the link to your photos!

He has some great photos that show the charm of the Progreso/Merida area.

Hello. Can anyone tell me who the CD is on Ecstasy? Were they good?We are going May, 19 and the CD we had last October when we sailed Ecstasy was not so good. His name was Stuart Dunn.

Thanks......Beth

Stircrzy. Sorry I don't have them posted on a site. I do have an email address and would be glad to share information and pics. I thouroughly enjoy introducing folks to a Mexico that they may not know. That area is in NO way like Cancun, Cozumel or bordertowns.

hdawson228@aol.com

Stircrzy. Sorry I don't have them posted on a site. I do have an email address and would be glad to share information and pics. I thouroughly enjoy introducing folks to a Mexico that they may not know. That area is in NO way like Cancun, Cozumel or bordertowns.

hdawson228@aol.com

You have some really great photos and I know people would have a different view of the Progreso area if they could see them.

PhotoSite is a good site to host photos! (...hint, hint!)

Hello. Can anyone tell me who the CD is on Ecstasy? Were they good?We are going May, 19 and the CD we had last October when we sailed Ecstasy was not so good. His name was Stuart Dunn.

Thanks......Beth

Just got off Esctacy Saturday, May 5. The CD is Goose.

Make sure you stop by Chinatown to see the band Music Highlights. They are AWESOME. And they make if FUN. They play a variety from 50's to the 80's. Elvis, Beatles, Louis Armstrong, Willie Nelson, Michael Jackson, Journey, KC and the Sunshine Band, Bee Gees, Buck Owens, Freddy Fender, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many more I can't think of right now!

DH and I went our our first cruise ever....for our anniversary and to mark the end of a VERY long job we were working on in New Orleans. We were actually at sea on the anniversary of Katrina. LOL I had seen Ecstacy docked in New Orleans as a floating hotel and told DH that I did NOT want to cruise on that boat....but we did and I loved it.

We had SO much fun!!! We've been alot of places in our line of work...but cruising the Ecstacy was tops.

In Progresso, we did the Corona Beach Party. We left the beach and went to a flea market and got some souveniers. In Cozemel we did a Jeep/Snoreling adventure and had much fun there as well!!

We had been in a basement in New Orleans for so long that all I wanted to do was be outside. Be it a beach or the Lido Deck....I wasn't inside much at all!!

I'm such a food person...and I RAVED about the food on board. We enjoyed each staff member we dealt with.

BTW, we are going again in Sept with the kids. It's a graduation gift for the oldest. My sister-in-law and her husband are flying down to go with....I expect we will have more fun this time!!! (if that's possible)

Just got off Esctacy Saturday, May 5. The CD is Goose.

Make sure you stop by Chinatown to see the band Music Highlights. They are AWESOME. And they make if FUN. They play a variety from 50's to the 80's. Elvis, Beatles, Louis Armstrong, Willie Nelson, Michael Jackson, Journey, KC and the Sunshine Band, Bee Gees, Buck Owens, Freddy Fender, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many more I can't think of right now!

That band had such a wide array of music they played night after night and they were excellent.

We're celebrating our anniversary with a first cruise also,,,,AND as a reward for surviving the weddings of two of our children this summer! Ecstasy leaves with us on board Sept. 22nd. I can hardly wait to experience everything that I've been reading about here:)

Just wondering as I will not being doing the soda card. With a fridge full of soda both at home and at work, I don't end up drinking more than 1 every other day. So, is the ice tea any good? The ice tea was one of the good things about moving to Texas. And the coffee? I am hardly a coffee snob any more [once you move away from Pete's in Berkeley, you can just give up], but I was wondering if it was drinkable. I have seen some general posts, but I was wondering about this ship in particular.

Ecstasy is only days away....

thanks -- Janice

Janice. I was on Celebration in December and found the coffee pretty good. Of course it will be too strong for some, but they can add steaming hot water. I think all the lines now are brewing coffee and not using the coffee concentrates of the past. I sure drank my share.

[quote name='Guienevere_Arianette']I think on the Ecstasy there are only fridges in the suites.[/quote]

Only in the suites and they don't get very cold.

Better off to ask for an extra ice bucket and keep it filled!

[quote name='EastTexans2']We will have an oceanview. Are they good about keeping the ice bucket full?[/quote]

I dont remember them ever filling our ice bucket, maybe we needed to ask our cabin steward? I was on her Halloween.

I have tentatively booked her again Jan 26th. No roll call yet. Just gearing up to think about it, but have another cruise first, so just hanging our here and evesdropping.

[quote name='jobster71']We did not have an excursion. We took a taxi in Cozumel with another couple and headed to Mr. Sancho's. We went explored Progresso on our own also. We wished we had more time to have gone to the ruins.[/quote]

Jobster,
Is Mr. Sancho's a good choice to take a 7 year old? I have read that their beach was badly damaged from the hurricane last year. Do you know if they still had the horses & off road vehicles? Cost?

We are headed out on August 11th with our DD, DIL, & Grandson. This will be our 5th, but first for the DIL & grandson. Can't wait.

Archived