Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

We will be on the Ecstasy in Feb 08, and had hoped to get a balcony for the first time in 5 cruises. Well, to late for that as they are all booked.

Sooo, we were thinking about going with a suite. My question is this...

Do suites have a balcony and could someone give me an idea what the overall room (suite) is like on the Ecstasy?

Thanks

I could be completely wrong, but to my knowledge there are no balcony rooms on the Ecstasy only suites with balconys.

Penthouse suite:

This suite features two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed, sitting area with sofa, private balcony, TV and VCR with remote control, refrigerator, private bathroom with tub and shower, vanity and dressing area, and complimentary room service. (330 sq. ft.; balcony 70 sq. ft.)

http://i.travelpn.com.edgesuite.net/vgn/images/GALLERY/231/2310001000000501_GALLERY.jpg

Suite:

This suite features a queen-size bed, sitting area with sofa, private balcony (some with obstructed views), TV and VCR with remote control, refrigerator, private bathroom with tub and shower, vanity and dressing area, and complimentary room service. Partially-obstructed staterooms include V23, V25, V27, V34, V38 and V42. (220 sq. ft.; balcony 30 sq. ft.)

http://i.travelpn.com.edgesuite.net/vgn/images/GALLERY/461/4610001000001260_GALLERY.jpg

I could be completely wrong, but to my knowledge there are no balcony rooms on the Ecstasy only suites with balconys.

Right, that's why when you click on some online sites they show the same price for balcony/suite. There are no balconys per se on the Fanstasy class ships. They are called suites. You have to go up to the suite level if you want fresh air in your cabin.

Yes, the suites have a balcony.

Thanks for that info Geo and Fire.

One other question about suites. You indicate that the price includes complimentary room service....Is this different from other classes? It has always been my experience that the food/soft drink portion of room service was always part of the fare....no additional charge except for booze...

Thanks for that info Geo and Fire.

One other question about suites. You indicate that the price includes complimentary room service....Is this different from other classes? It has always been my experience that the food/soft drink portion of room service was always part of the fare....no additional charge except for booze...

Correct, complimentary room service is part of the fare and that statement is included on all stateroom descriptions. Sorry, I was just copying and pasting.

We are going on our first cruise 9/17/07. Can not wait. Just booked our flight from Dallas since my husband changed his mind about driving.

Now I am working on a hotel for Sunday and a way from the airport to the hotel.

I really do not want to pay a pricey rate for one night. I checked out the Best Western Beachfront Inn but trying to find out how to get from airport to hotel, shuttle, cab, etc. They said I could take a cab from the hotel to pier for about $8, so that is not bad. Then transportation from pier to airport when we come back.

The hotel suggestion was going to cost me $100 one way. There has got to be cheaper way.

any suggestions would be appreicated.

:confused:

We live in the Metroplex and in the past we always stayed at the Best Western Beachfront the night before cruising. Several cruises ago, I tried to make reservations and the rate had tripled. :eek: Come to find out, the rates go up when something is happening in Galveston. At that time it was their Mardi Gras so we just left the mid cities area around 6 am the day we were to sail and got to the pier at 11. Got in line and was on the ship eating lunch by 12:15. It was so easy. We decided to do the same thing last June for the Ecstasy. Again, we left about 5:45 am and got to the terminal about 11. We may just do this from now on as it is so easy to drive to Galveston. BTW, when we stayed at the Best Western, we never left the car there, we drove to the pier and parked in the terminal parking. We have always parked in the terminal parking. It is so easy and convenient. We always do the self assist when debarking and are on our way home by 8 a.m. or earlier. Hope this helps. Travelgirl

Well I just booked my Feb 08 cruise last night, and I'm very EXCITED! We will be driving from OKC the day before and need a hotel for the night. I'm looking for something very reasonable and close to the ship. I dont mind doing the ezcruise parking, but I know that some hotels take you directly to the ship for a small fee. Which is better? And what hotels would you recommend? Thanks!

We are going on our first cruise 9/17/07. Can not wait. Just booked our flight from Dallas since my husband changed his mind about driving.

Now I am working on a hotel for Sunday and a way from the airport to the hotel.

I really do not want to pay a pricey rate for one night. I checked out the Best Western Beachfront Inn but trying to find out how to get from airport to hotel, shuttle, cab, etc. They said I could take a cab from the hotel to pier for about $8, so that is not bad. Then transportation from pier to airport when we come back.

The hotel suggestion was going to cost me $100 one way. There has got to be cheaper way.

any suggestions would be appreicated.

:confused:

This is cheaper:

http://transportation.destinationnext.com/services.aspx?Airport=B&Trip=R&Adults=2&Children=0&Seniors=0

$120-$140 round trip for 2 depending on which airport you're driving into.

I recommend driving though. You'll probably save $500 or so and could use that for drinks or excursions.

This is cheaper:

http://transportation.destinationnext.com/services.aspx?Airport=B&Trip=R&Adults=2&Children=0&Seniors=0

$120-$140 round trip for 2 depending on which airport you're driving into.

I recommend driving though. You'll probably save $500 or so and could use that for drinks or excursions.

EZCruiseConnection supposedly has a price of $99 from Dallas, from Valley View mall they send a bus.

I wouldnt fly either. Not from here. Too much hassle.

The kids had more fun on the Ecstasy than on any other vacation we've taken!

Looks like this sailing (Aug. 16), there will be LOTS of kids and a group cruise for the " Dallas Margarita Society" - "Party with a Purpose Cruise".

...a Great time for all!

Hey, we'll be on this cruise!!!! (with a 3 year old)

My husband and I will be sailing on the Ecstasy on September 3rd. It will be a first cruise for both of us, as well as our honeymoon. We’ve booked a balcony suite on the Verandah deck (V34 to be exact) and I was hoping somebody will offer some feedback on the cabin. I’m concerned about seasickness, since it’s so high up, having heard that the feeling of motion is much less near middle or bottom of the ship. Any other info would also be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

Karen:o

Thanks for the location of the door. I knew there was one just did not know where to find it. No one really wanted to tell of the secret. It will be that easy to find on Empress or Atlantic deck? It’s my parent’s first cruise trying to get them some good spots of view.

Were on the 8/20/07 not soon enough!!!!

If its not in open view your probably fine.

There is a 'secret door' on Ecstasy that will take you to a forward deck. Very few pax there. It's above crew deck, but below the bridge so be careful with the bottles there if you use that space. Find the door starboard side, forward, to the side of the stage in the theater.

Thanks for the location of the door. I knew there was one just did not know where to find it. No one really wanted to tell of the secret. It will be that easy to find on Empress or Atlantic deck? It’s my parent’s first cruise trying to get them some good spots of view.

Were on the 8/20/07 not soon enough!!!!

Your welcome, but as I read this again I see I said starboard, but there is a back bar on one side. Try port side first (in theater).

Enjoy your cruise--:)

We have a small group going on the 10/15 sailing and we have been offered some group perks. One of them is the option for Carnival Robes in our rooms. Is that one robe, or one for each person? And are the keepers, or do they have to be returned at the end of the cruise? Thx in advance.

We have a small group going on the 10/15 sailing and we have been offered some group perks. One of them is the option for Carnival Robes in our rooms. Is that one robe, or one for each person? And are the keepers, or do they have to be returned at the end of the cruise? Thx in advance.

You need to ask your group leader--group benefits can vary from group to group.

I thought Ecstasy had robes in the room~!:confused:

What do you suggest for excursions in Cozemel?

Newbie here traveling with Dh who booked the cruise unknown to me for my 4oth birthday~

We leave 10/11....As a "chunky" momma, Im scared of what I am gonna look like on the beach~Dh is a big time lover of the water and well, I dont even float well!

What should I expect? We only live 20 mins from Galveston, so its not like we will need to travel far~ cannot believe we havent been cruising yet and its right in our back yard!!

Time of arrival? What to take with me? Does he have to have TICKETS? He got my birth certificate and some paperwork printed from the travel agent~ (he planned this along with my mother as a surprise~) Im the organized one and it is killing me NOT knowing what I need to do beforehand!!! :eek:

Help!!

FIRST TIME CRUISER

Carnival Estacy

October 11, 2007

Good....a thread just for Ecstasy...now maybe I can get my question answered by someone who just returned....if Carnival says the ship docks in Cozumel at 9:00 a.m., what time is it in COZUMEL?? Mexico does not observe daylight savings time, right? So does it really dock at 8:00 a.m. local time (Cozumel time)....please help!! I have a van with driver picking us up and now I'm afraid I having them coming later than necessary. Thanks for any help on this subject!! Sailing on May 5 with my family to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday!!

DON"T rely on your cell phone to give you the time. I never could figure it out, but part of the time it would be right and then overnight it would change timezones and be an hour early. You can't rely on the clocks on the Ecstasy either. They all had totally different time on them too. The only thing right was the time on the TV.

What do you suggest for excursions in Cozemel?

Newbie here traveling with Dh who booked the cruise unknown to me for my 4oth birthday~

We leave 10/11....As a "chunky" momma, Im scared of what I am gonna look like on the beach~Dh is a big time lover of the water and well, I dont even float well!

What should I expect? We only live 20 mins from Galveston, so its not like we will need to travel far~ cannot believe we havent been cruising yet and its right in our back yard!!

Time of arrival? What to take with me? Does he have to have TICKETS? He got my birth certificate and some paperwork printed from the travel agent~ (he planned this along with my mother as a surprise~) Im the organized one and it is killing me NOT knowing what I need to do beforehand!!! :eek:

Help!!

FIRST TIME CRUISER

Carnival Estacy

October 11, 2007

We went shopping a little and then took a taxi to Paradise beach. I too am "chunky" but so are a lot of other people, so don't worry about it. As they say at the end of ALL announcements on the ship, "You're on VACATION!". Paradise beach was great. Our groups had 6 kids, ages 13-3 with us, 4 adults and we all had a blast. Very relaxing and enjoyable- way better than beach in Progresso. No people harrassing you to buy stuff. Taxi was $14 each way for 1-4 people. Took about 15 min. to get there.

As for tickets, all you need is either the printed ticket book they mail you 30 days prior, or the printout you get if he chose e-docs. (You print these off the website). We had paper ticket for one cabin and e-docs for the other. It didn't really matter either way, although I use the luggage tags they mailed me.

Dress up for formal night. LOTS of people on our sailing did and it was fun.

He got my birth certificate and some paperwork printed from the travel agent~ (he planned this along with my mother as a surprise~) FIRST TIME CRUISER

Carnival Estacy

October 11, 2007

Make sure its the birth certificate with the raised seal, not just a notarized version. Someone grabbed the wrong birth certificate and they wouldnt accept anything except the official one.

We just shop in Cozumel. Its got lots of jewelry lol. We also spend an hour on the computer there, there are internet cafes, one closest to where Carnival docks is $3, the one by RCI is only $2 for an hour and I get my email caught up and tell everyone Im on a cruise!!! lol

Do as little or as much as you want. Do make sure you go to the shows. I liked the 2nd one a lot with the country songs. There are two big musical numbers. In between they have comedians and so forth.

Archived