Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

BlackJack is playing in Chinatown. They're very good! We just got off Ecstasy yesterday!

Did you happen to have your Capers?

I was wondering who the Club O2 director was and their first name is usually in the Caper.

Thanks!

Did you happen to have your Capers?

I was wondering who the Club O2 director was and their first name is usually in the Caper.

Thanks!

Yes, I do have the Capers. Let me go find them......I think they might be under a pile of dirty clothes.......:o .....Okay, here they are......I don't see the director's name listed anywhere. I'm looking at Day 1. It just gives the venue where things are happening. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I'll look through the rest of them and see if I can find your answer.....

Yes, I do have the Capers. Let me go find them......I think they might be under a pile of dirty clothes.......:o .....Okay, here they are......I don't see the director's name listed anywhere. I'm looking at Day 1. It just gives the venue where things are happening. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I'll look through the rest of them and see if I can find your answer.....

Thanks so much for looking....any and all names (except Goose~ I know he will be there) would be greatly appreciated.

I was reading over on the Carnival Connections site that a guest who just got off Ecstasy heard she is being dry docked for the new water works renovation in October. Anyone hear this? I am cruising in November so that would be great!

That would not surprise me since I have read that the Fantasy is being dry docked in September.

I was reading over on the Carnival Connections site that a guest who just got off Ecstasy heard she is being dry docked for the new water works renovation in October. Anyone hear this? I am cruising in November so that would be great!

What you have to remember is that there are all kinds of "phases" of the EOV make over.

It takes a month to do the new waterpark and adult serenity area.

Ships like the Paradise are set to drydock in December, but that is only a 2 week drydock and the "best stuff" will not be put on at that time....according to a detailed schedule posted on here a couple of weeks ago.

So "drydock" can mean a lot of things...

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone report on the status of the recent problems that Ecstacy was experiencing that caused delays and itinerary changes? What exactly was the problem and has it been fixed? Thanks. We leave next week and I need to know whether to book excursions in advance or just play it by ear and see what happens.

Can anyone report on the status of the recent problems that Ecstacy was experiencing that caused delays and itinerary changes? What exactly was the problem and has it been fixed? Thanks. We leave next week and I need to know whether to book excursions in advance or just play it by ear and see what happens.

Can anyone help us out here, please?

We were on the Ecstasy July 3-7 and although we were late leaving Galveston and late docking on the 7th, I don't recall any engine problems...

Thanks for the reply, AllyGirl. Sounds like things are ok now. I was concerned after reading what Got Docs? reported about the 5/28 cruise. Specifically:

Captain made an announcement that one of the engines was not working properly and that they were trying to fix it. Also they were going to switch the ports around-go to Progresso first then Cozumel-so we could still make both stops. The day in Progresso was shortened so we would have enough time to sail to Cozumel.

AllyGirl13.....How was your cruise? As you can see Im cruising in 14 days and Im hoping all went well on your cruise. Please give me a insight on the Ecstasy since it will be my first time aboard this ship.

You normally don't get the ice yourself -- you ask your room steward or room service to get it for you. However, sometimes you can see as you're walking down the hall what closet the ice machine is in when they're refilling for someone else. In that case, I have seen other people help themselves to the ice when necessary.

The stewards will keep you in as much ice as you want -- from a little icebucket to a whole cooler. If you have a cooler, let them know the first day that you would like it kept iced down.

AllyGirl13.....How was your cruise? As you can see Im cruising in 14 days and Im hoping all went well on your cruise. Please give me a insight on the Ecstasy since it will be my first time aboard this ship.

This cruise was OK. We did this same cruise last labor day & the passengers on then were horrible. The ship really needs to dry dock soon. When you first board, the stale smoke will just hit you right in the face.

But the cruise itself was good. The crew was awesome. What other ships have you been on? We prefer Royal Car. but for a short weekend getaway, Ecstasy was it.

A couple of quick questions:

Anyone know where the ice machine is located? We are on the Empress deck.

Do they have a supper club on this ship?

We sail in 61 days!!

As Ship addict says, tell your steward (& tip him/her the first day for it) and yo won't have to worry about ice. And no, there is no supper club on this ship. Sorry

This is an Eagle Award winning ship and it showed. The crew were probably THE best of any ship I have been on!

Our steward was especially outstanding. It was a girls only trip - there were 7 of us. We were all staying on the bottom level, interior staterooms and had the same steward. Before we layed our heads to our pillows the first night, he had learned ALL of our names and used them whenever he saw us in the halls (and he never called any of us by the wrong name!) I heard him do this with all of the guests in his section. It was really cool and obviously made an impression. :)

Ive been on the Norwegian Sea(which I had a blast)...Carnival Conquest..the ship was beautiful but some of the staff wasnt quite as pleasant..RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas(also had a blast).My choice of cruise line would be RCCL..my experience was just awesome and that out ways the others.

We are flying into Dallas and then taking a shuttle to Galveston.

Hi momofcandj,

Any information you could give me on the shuttle from Dallas to Galvestone would be greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to plan our 10th wedding anniversary and my husband is a HUGE Cowboys fan. Since this is their last year at Texas Stadium I'm trying to plan a flight into DFW a few days before the game, get game tickets, and then I figured (yah know, while we were there, LOL) we could take a 5 night cruise out of Galveston the day after the game. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get from Dallas to Galveston. I could take a plane but with the way the airline industry is these days I'm afraid my short flight from DFW into IAH would get cancelled or delayed and then I'd miss the ship... :eek:. The other option would be to rent a car but I haven't been able to find a rental place that would let me rent the car in Dallas and drop it off at the Port of Galveston.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Thanks everyone. That's true Tom. I was more trying to decide what was the better over all deal with my time and money, to go get a bottle and bring it on or just buy the ship's bottle through the dining room or through the bon voyage. Never been on a ship before.

We are flying into Dallas and then taking a shuttle to Galveston. So we would have to go out in Dallas and get a bottle, then take it on the bus, etc. If Im going to end up paying about the same for a similar bottle on the ship, might not be worth all the time and effort. Well not that much to me, but hubby is a little different on the thought process.

We leave on home on the 4th and don't cruise til the 7th, so I have a few days to decide even after we land in Dallas.

And we would probably end up sharing, hubby is just too nice like that, but I also don't think we would drink a bottle in 2 nights alone, just not that into drinking anything. A nice glass or 2 would be fun on vacation.

Could you please pass on the info for the shuttle in Dallas? Sounds good! Thanks!

Hi momofcandj,

I'm trying to plan our 10th wedding anniversary and my husband is a HUGE Cowboys fan.

The other option would be to rent a car but I haven't been able to find a rental place that would let me rent the car in Dallas and drop it off at the Port of Galveston.

first of all, sorry to hear about your husband. I hear there is a 12-step program for that. ;)

I have heard that you can rent a car from Enterprise and drop it at the Enterprise location in Galveston. Now, I don't know this for sure as I have never had to do this myself, but that's what I heard. Give them a call and see if it's true.

Good luck!

first of all, sorry to hear about your husband. I hear there is a 12-step program for that. ;)

I have heard that you can rent a car from Enterprise and drop it at the Enterprise location in Galveston. Now, I don't know this for sure as I have never had to do this myself, but that's what I heard. Give them a call and see if it's true.

Good luck!

LOL, you're too funny Ship Addict. You should try living with a die hard Cowboys fan... it gets really bad when they loose. It puts him a bad mood for at least 24 hours.

If the program has more than 3 steps he'll never follow it :D.

Thanks for the Enterprise info, I'll give them a call.

Me and my DH are going on our second cruise. I was wondering how excpensive the alcohol on the ecstacy was, and if the bar credits are worth buying. If anyone can help me out let me know. Thanks

It depends on what you are drinking. Beer is cheaper if you buy by the bucket. If you get the drink of the day, ask for a regular glass. You get more drink & you don't have to pay for the souvenir glass. DO NOT buy the coupons. You actually pay $1 more than you would if you just bought the drinks.

Archived