Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

LOL, you're too funny Ship Addict. You should try living with a die hard Cowboys fan... it gets really bad when they loose. It puts him a bad mood for at least 24 hours.

If the program has more than 3 steps he'll never follow it :D.

Thanks for the Enterprise info, I'll give them a call.

You could also rent a U-HAUL. They do rent one way. (A pick-up or van, not an actual huge moving truck)

Hi momofcandj,

Any information you could give me on the shuttle from Dallas to Galvestone would be greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to plan our 10th wedding anniversary and my husband is a HUGE Cowboys fan. Since this is their last year at Texas Stadium I'm trying to plan a flight into DFW a few days before the game, get game tickets, and then I figured (yah know, while we were there, LOL) we could take a 5 night cruise out of Galveston the day after the game. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get from Dallas to Galveston. I could take a plane but with the way the airline industry is these days I'm afraid my short flight from DFW into IAH would get cancelled or delayed and then I'd miss the ship... :eek:. The other option would be to rent a car but I haven't been able to find a rental place that would let me rent the car in Dallas and drop it off at the Port of Galveston.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Not to worry about the flights from Dallas. You would be flying into Houston more than likely, and there are flights at least every hour on several airlines

I'm trying to plan our 10th wedding anniversary and my husband is a HUGE Cowboys fan. Since this is their last year at Texas Stadium I'm trying to plan a flight into DFW a few days before the game, get game tickets, and then I figured (yah know, while we were there, LOL) we could take a 5 night cruise out of Galveston the day after the game. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get from Dallas to Galveston. I could take a plane but with the way the airline industry is these days I'm afraid my short flight from DFW into IAH would get cancelled or delayed and then I'd miss the ship... :eek:. The other option would be to rent a car but I haven't been able to find a rental place that would let me rent the car in Dallas and drop it off at the Port of Galveston.

To get from Dallas to Galveston, I would fly out of Dallas Love Field to Houston Hobby on SWA, flights are cheap and every hour or so, they are very dependable. Once at Hobby, take the Galveston Limo to either a Galveston hotel or to the pier, I would get to Galveston the day before the cruise and stay at the Harbor House (its right at the pier and really nice). I hope you have a wonderful time.

DO NOT buy the coupons. You actually pay $1 more than you would if you just bought the drinks.

Well now that isn't universally true. Depends on what drink you're buying! Different drinks have different costs of course. I bought myself 12 of the drink coupons - received them the first night at dinner. They are worth $5.50 each - so use one if it's worthwhile depending on what you're ordering; don't use it if it isn't. (IOW, if you want a drink that will cost, plus tip, $5.50, then use it!)If you get a drink that costs MORE than $5.50, they will charge your S&S the difference.

Hey ya'll,

Last year on Conquest we really enjoyed the company of other mature cruisers at the adults only pool. We were looking at the deck plan for Ecstasy and noticed that there is a small pool and maybe a couple of hot tubs on the Verandah deck. There's even a bar across from the volleyball court.

Can you tell us if this is an "Adults Only" area, or if there is such a thing on Ecstasy?

Thanks!

Tom & Rhonda

I don't know about the Ecstasy specifically, but I can tell you my experience with other Fantasy class ships.

The aft pool is not specifically adults only, but it usually is quieter than the lido pool. I have rarely seen that bar open.

It is much windier at this pool. Make sure you have your personal belongings secured. I lost a cover-up one time. It belonged to my sister and she still hasn't forgiven me!

Now you have me wondering. I have only been on the Ecstasy once but I thought there was only the Lido pool and a kiddie pool in the back. Am I getting my ships confused? I know on the AOS there was a wonderful Solarium Adults only pool in the front of the ship - padded lounge chairs, nicely appointed, QUIET!

I just looked at the deck plans for Ecstasy - it shows a pool shaped like Mickey Mouse (which is why I assumed kiddie pool:confused:) but now that I think of it - we had no kids on that cruise - maybe I never went that direction to even see that pool.

Traditionally, the Fantasy class ships have had 3 pools. The main lido pool, the aft pool, and a kiddie pool. The aft pool is on the Verandah deck. The"ears" you see are hot tubs. It has always been a quieter pool, but not necessarily adult only. The kiddie pool is on the Promenade deck.

Now that they are changing the ships for the water parks and the adult only areas, the water park is going to be on the Verandah deck and the adult only area will be on the Promenade.

Unfortunately, we won't get to experience the new water park on this cruise. We considered changing ships so we could (since this is a family cruise), but decided to stay where we were cos of the group we're traveling with.

I did check the deck plans to make sure I was thinking of the right ship but the pool area on the Veranda aft is usually much quieter and mostly adult but not a designated adult only area. The bar there is rarely open and closes early. BUT it is a nice area to get away from all the pool crowd. Debbie

First off, thanks to everyone for sharing your insight as Rhonda and I continue to learn how to enjoy our "Cruising Addiction". Who could have guessed that an innocent little vacation in the Caribbean would turn into an ever present need to cruise the big blue waters?

As we get closer to this summer's cruise, we think about it more and more, (which is really hard to imagine) and we've wondered if the Ecstasy has a Barista on board. Last year on Conquest we would start the day... Ahem, let me take that back. I would start the day by going upstairs to the Cezanne where I would get a couple of really nice Americano coffee's for $1.50 each, then take them back to our stateroom and my adoring wife. (Pat on back - atta boy Tom!)

Thanks again,

Tom & Rhonda

we've wondered if the Ecstasy has a Barista on board. Last year on Conquest we would start the day... Ahem, let me take that back. I would start the day by going upstairs to the Cezanne where I would get a couple of really nice Americano coffee's for $1.50 each, then take them back to our stateroom and my adoring wife.

No wonder she adores you. :D

There is a barista down by the Rolls Royce on the promenade deck. I can't remember the prices -- but it was reasonable to DH and I.

We will be on a company cruise on Septmeber 25th. Seems information is not that easy to get out of the people planning the cruise, or hubby isn't asking;) Since it is a company cruise it is costing us almost nothing! I think I heard there will be about 100 of us.

This is what I know and I want your best guess to what you think it will cover and what kind of room. I know the cruise is $700 a person and that it was booked at least a month ago, maybe 2. I also know that it covers all tips, fuel surcharge, and taxes. We will be on the Empress Deck. The other queston being on the Empress deck will there be any problems with noise from above.

This is our first cruise, I am used to planning all our vacations, so the not knowing is driving me cazy.:eek:

Thanks, and I know it is only a guess but thought it might be fun to see what people thought and who may be the closest to what we end up with.

We will be on a company cruise on Septmeber 25th. Seems information is not that easy to get out of the people planning the cruise, or hubby isn't asking;) Since it is a company cruise it is costing us almost nothing! I think I heard there will be about 100 of us.

This is what I know and I want your best guess to what you think it will cover and what kind of room. I know the cruise is $700 a person and that it was booked at least a month ago, maybe 2. I also know that it covers all tips, fuel surcharge, and taxes. We will be on the Empress Deck. The other queston being on the Empress deck will there be any problems with noise from above.

This is our first cruise, I am used to planning all our vacations, so the not knowing is driving me cazy.:eek:

Thanks, and I know it is only a guess but thought it might be fun to see what people thought and who may be the closest to what we end up with.

My best guess -- and while it is a guess, it is a reasonably educated one -- is that you are in Category 6D (ocean view).

Have fun!!!

Does any one know if there is a big screen tv on the ecstasy? Some one told me there was a TV on the boat that played movies that are still in the theater. If anyone has any info on this please let me know. Thanks:p

Not true. Ecstasy does NOT have one of the big screens on the lido deck. Movies played on a loop on the TV in your room are already available for rent. In June, we had Bucket List, Mad Money, Juno, National Treasure 2, and Night at the Museum.

Not true. Ecstasy does NOT have one of the big screens on the lido deck. Movies played on a loop on the TV in your room are already available for rent. In June, we had Bucket List, Mad Money, Juno, National Treasure 2, and Night at the Museum.

Guess that means no wasting time in the cabin watching movies for us then, unless they change them before next month. We have seen all of those except Mad Money.

Do you have your booking number?

Hey ya'll,

Last year on Conquest we really enjoyed the company of other mature cruisers at the adults only pool. We were looking at the deck plan for Ecstasy and noticed that there is a small pool and maybe a couple of hot tubs on the Verandah deck. There's even a bar across from the volleyball court.

Can you tell us if this is an "Adults Only" area, or if there is such a thing on Ecstasy?

Thanks!

Tom & Rhonda

As of now, no, there really isn't an adult only area. They do have deck that is for adults only, but there is no pool. If you are looking at photos of the ship, you can see the deck that is around the tail of the ship - that is the adult only area. The ship is schedule for an overhaul in 2009 to add a Serenity area as well as upgrade the Waterworks area.

The Ecstasy is full of kids all the time because the cruises are only 4 and 5 days and much more affordable for families. The service is still great and you can still find little hide-aways (like top deck, front of ship).

You will have a great time - just don't expect the same as the Conquest. This ship is smaller and is geared more toward families.

Libra

Carnival Ecstasy 9/11/08

Carnival Ecstasy 3/27/08

Carnival Ecstasy 7/05/07

Can anyone list some "must-do's" for the Ecstasy? My DH and I will be sailing on 10/13, its our first cruise. We are late twenties and enjoy casual events (no formal night for us!) and relaxing activities. I'm also up for meal/drink suggestions (what kind of daily drink specials do they offer?).

Thanks!

Archived