Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

[quote name='Stircrzy']Yes...one on Upper Deck across from U152-154, and I'm not sure where the others are.[/quote]

Stircrazy, you seem to know alot about the Ecstacy. We are going at the end of July and are booked in room U144. Is this a good location? We have never cruised before. Do you feel much movement in this area, I'm hoping that motion sickness isn't an issue for me.

[quote name='kstravelers']Stircrazy, you seem to know alot about the Ecstacy. We are going at the end of July and are booked in room U144. Is this a good location? We have never cruised before. Do you feel much movement in this area, I'm hoping that motion sickness isn't an issue for me.[/quote]

While I can't guarantee your seas, you should be in a good location...between passenger decks, close to the laundry, not too far from two elevators/stairways, and close enough to mid-ship (both top to bottom, and front to back) to be stable.

Have a great trip!

I'm looking forward to my 3rd trip this year on the Ecstasy...July 19th.

The lower decks have the least movement.

Stircrazy. You lucky girl. JULY! Yipee. What are your plans for Progreso? I'm looking at airfares for Oct to be in Merida for the Day of the Dead festivities. Just found a fare I can live with on Contintental thru Houston. Maybe for 15 nights.

[quote name='TexBear']I'm thinking of going on the Ecstasy for a 5 day cruise starting 1/12/08 for my 2nd cruise, but given the time of year, how likely is it that there be enough passengers to keep the trip from being cancelled?[/quote]

I like end of January/February for a cruise to break up winter.

We did Caribbean Princess end of January this year, but I have Ecstasy booked the end of January 2008 and 2009 with a deposit. My Jan 2008 has already gone up $60 per person, so someone is booking that week or it wouldnt be going up in price.

We had great weather this past January, so Im hoping for a repeat on Ecstasy.

[quote name='hdawson']The lower decks have the least movement.

Stircrazy. You lucky girl. JULY! Yipee. What are your plans for Progreso? I'm looking at airfares for Oct to be in Merida for the Day of the Dead festivities. Just found a fare I can live with on Contintental thru Houston. Maybe for 15 nights.[/quote]

H, I'm only doing the 4 nighter to Cozumel this time.

I'm putting in some time on the beach at [URL="http://www.playauvas.com"]Playa Uvas[/URL] and dropping off a donation for the [URL="http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Humanesociety?From=Cruiseships"]Cozumel Humane Society.[/URL]

I save the Progreso area for the fall and winter months when I can get out and about and it's not so hot. Hate spending beach time in Progreso when there is so much to do in the area other than beach.

15 nights!! Now THAT is something I'd love to do sometime. Quality time!

[quote name='hdawson']Stircrazy. I did it. 14 nights late Oct early Nov. Now I'm REALLY EXCITED.
And broke.[/quote]

We'll need a full report, with new photos, when you return! I'll hook you up with a permanent page for your review, too.

As for broke...you can't take it with you anyway. May as well get good use of it while you're here! :)

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]FINALLY FOUND THIS ...[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]we are thinking about booking for next summer with a group of friends...[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]what is there to do in progreso??[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]we are just back from costa maya/cozumel....cozumel was fun but not to impressed with costa maya,,,trying to decide to book same trip or try ecstasy..[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]any input is appreciated!![/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]thanks..shannon:) [/FONT][/B]

Hi, mother of twins, Iv heard more what not to do than what to do. Our tablemates took a tour which included a old church and didnt like to see the beggers, old women inside. Some others went to the beach and I hear the beach isnt worth doing. My sister was kinda sick so we just walked around and I got on the cyber cafe internet (only $1 can you believe it??!!), and we shopped. Progresso is known for onyx carvings.

I'm sure some will have some good suggestions for Progresso. Its the longest pier in the world, like 3 miles long so they bus you in from the ship because the pier is so long.

Im going back in January to do this port again myself.

[quote name='huskerdude']Jobster,
Is Mr. Sancho's a good choice to take a 7 year old? I have read that their beach was badly damaged from the hurricane last year. Do you know if they still had the horses & off road vehicles? Cost?

We are headed out on August 11th with our DD, DIL, & Grandson. This will be our 5th, but first for the DIL & grandson. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]
just back from mr sanchos last week....yes, it's awesome! perfect for kids to swim-our kids took snorkel gear and played for hours, while we sat and had a nice cold drink...we saw the horses but didn't ask about it...enjoy! the food is great also...

[quote name='a123']i am talking about playa uvas, sorry.[/QUOTE]
can't say...it was our first time to the area and i was told how nice it was...
free admit, it that helps...they offer snorkel, parasailing, horseback riding, i think i saw a banana boat thing...etc...
since we got there early am, there was no one there, and even as the day went by it didn't get crowded...
we did make a pit stop by the jimmy buffet margarittaville....WHAT FUN! check it out if you have time...
i know a good friend of ours likes to go to san franciso beach....it's like $40 per person,,,,includes food and drinks...i may be wrong but i think that's what he told us...

In my opinion, the port call to Progreso offers many options. After two port calls sailing Celebrity, I've just booked my air for my fourth extended land vacation to Merida and the Yucatan State. Check the Ports of Call board and also [url]www.yucatantoday.com[/url]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkred]ok, i have sat here and read all of this from the start...[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#8b0000]when you all going get back let me know about the connecting rooms...we have twins boys that are 12...this past trip i booked cat 11 and got upgraded to penthouse suite...i love my family but don't know if i could spend five nights with all of us in one room...i would consider doing connecting rooms...[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#8b0000]i would like to do a suite again but also booking a "girl" trip with best friend and need to budget two trips..[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#8b0000]i'd like more info on beach/bar areas in progreso if anyone has any...[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#8b0000]this trip will be about 9 families all in our late 30's early 40's with kids...[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#8b0000]need beach area for kids and drinks for adults...what is the beach like?[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#8b0000]thanks for you info....;) [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

MOT. Check the ports of call board. My albums have pics of the beach. The beach is fine and large, however, no snorkling as it's on the gulf and not the sparkling clear water of the Caribbean.

[quote name='hdawson']MOT. Check the ports of call board. My albums have pics of the beach. The beach is fine and large, however, no snorkling as it's on the gulf and not the sparkling clear water of the Caribbean.[/quote]

thanks hdawson, glad to hear someone who did like the beach. Maybe we will get there next time.

[quote name='mother of twins']just back from mr sanchos last week....yes, it's awesome! perfect for kids to swim-our kids took snorkel gear and played for hours, while we sat and had a nice cold drink...we saw the horses but didn't ask about it...enjoy! the food is great also...[/quote]

Mother of twins,
Cool thanks for the info. Sounds like we will have a great time there. We have done Paradise Beach, but it did not seem a kid friendly as Mr. Sanchos sounds, or at least for our very active grandson.

Ernie

[quote name='huskerdude']Mother of twins,
Cool thanks for the info. Sounds like we will have a great time there. We have done Paradise Beach, but it did not seem a kid friendly as Mr. Sanchos sounds, or at least for our very active grandson.

Ernie[/QUOTE]
i think he will have a good time...
we did a five year old with us and the mother bought a sand bucket set at one the little shops there and she was happy...order corn pops cereal from room service and take them with you, the fish will come right up and eat them out of your hand...
we enjoyed it not being very crowded!!
enjoy...

[quote name='TexBear']I'm thinking of going on the Ecstasy for a 5 day cruise starting 1/12/08 for my 2nd cruise, but given the time of year, how likely is it that there be enough passengers to keep the trip from being cancelled?[/quote]

Hey TexBear, I'm booked on this cruise along with 9 of my girlfriends for a 40th bday celebration. C'mon & join us! There isn't a rollcall for this date yet & I'd like get one started!
BTW just up the road in Round Rock! Are you soggy or what?

texbear,,,where did you say you were? i'm in shreveport area..
soggy would be nice!!! it's wet! and more on it's way...i told DH to make sure the boat was full of gas and the battery was on charge - just in case! i think we are going to float away...
sad thing is - i have family out of town and i'm dog sitting their two dogs and we already have two of our own....four dog with a soaked back yard! no fun....oh i need a cruise....

Archived