All Things Mariner Of The Seas

on our last cruise we got tags that had us getting off almost last since we were driving, but we noticed tags in a bin by the informations desk, and we had the paper that told us what time each color got off, so we took tags that got us off at a resonable time to do a 10 hour drive. getting off the ship was probably the easiest thing we ever did

She is going into drydock April 29th. We know she will get the new bedding, new carpet where needed etc etc....The rumor is still out there that new flat screen tv's will be added to each cabin, but I think that is un founded at this time. We will just have to wait and see.

I wonder how long it'll take?? We're going on the Mariner on May 11th!

RonRocks - We NEED the Mariner on the West Coast. We are booked for the first sailing out of Los Angeles and we can't wait!

We can't wait to love the Mariner. We've been on other voyager class ships and have really enjoyed them. I've wanted to stay in a Promenade room, but when we go to the Caribbean we want a balcony, so I'll finally get my chance.

I just booked my first RC cruise on the Mariner (4/13/08) after 5 trips on carnival. Can you guys help set my expectations? We have 4 cat E2 cabins (for my family). What should i tell my group about since Royal is new to us.

thanks

-tom

Tom,

We'll be boarding the Mariner on the 20th just as you're disembarking. Make sure to save us save us a few mojitos at Boleros!

We've sailed on Mariner, Explorer of the Seas, Grand Princess, and Carnival Valor. Mariner is far and away our favorite ship! What we like most is that it is such a tightly run ship--the crew is totally on top of your needs and wants, the ship is clean, everything is just perfect! My favorite place during the day is the Solarium--so relaxing and quiet. At night I love Bolero's or the Royal Promenade.

One thing is for sure--you will love this ship! Whether or not you'll prefer her to Carnival I'm not sure, but you really can't go wrong on a Royal Caribbean cruise--especially on the Mariner!

Java

Tom,

We'll be boarding the Mariner on the 20th just as you're disembarking. Make sure to save us save us a few mojitos at Boleros!

We've sailed on Mariner, Explorer of the Seas, Grand Princess, and Carnival Valor. Mariner is far and away our favorite ship! What we like most is that it is such a tightly run ship--the crew is totally on top of your needs and wants, the ship is clean, everything is just perfect! My favorite place during the day is the Solarium--so relaxing and quiet. At night I love Bolero's or the Royal Promenade.

One thing is for sure--you will love this ship! Whether or not you'll prefer her to Carnival I'm not sure, but you really can't go wrong on a Royal Caribbean cruise--especially on the Mariner!

Java

CAN"T WAIT!! WE'LL BE ON HER DECEMBER 16th!!!:D

Just off the Mariner on Sunday. I really like the Mariner a lot. Our cruise had seome very awesome shows. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the music that is played in the Savoy just before the show starts that gets everyone clapping?

Also, we did have some odd instants on our cruise. Like the pool patrol had to walk the Promanade at night to help control the kids. That did not happen when we were on in Feb. And someone took one of the days of the week out of one of the Centrum elevators one day!

There were some other things this trip that were not as good as in February. But over all, Mariner is awesome!

I am new to the board. Me and my wife are leaving on Dec 16 2007 on RCCL Mariner Of The Seas. I was wondering if there is anyone else going on this same cruise? Also any information on the ship would be greatly appreciated. I went on the Carnival Glory last December. My sister cruises on the Mariner and she loves it so I am looking forward to leaving. :) :)

I am new to the board. Me and my wife are leaving on Dec 16 2007 on RCCL Mariner Of The Seas. I was wondering if there is anyone else going on this same cruise? Also any information on the ship would be greatly appreciated. I went on the Carnival Glory last December. My sister cruises on the Mariner and she loves it so I am looking forward to leaving. :) :)

I will be if i can fit in ur suitcase! :D but anyway welcome to Cruise Critic!

Hey Davis Family!!! We will be on the cruise with you! Me, my boyfriend, and two teenage daughters. Come join our roll call and meet everyone else!! Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=463964&page=69

Hope to see you there!!!:D :)

Didn't get any responses as a separate thread, so we'll ask the Mariner veterans:)

Our group is sailing the Mariner 7-day western Caribbean next month. Most are first-time cruisers, and we'll all be together over the holidays. We'd love to share some recent Cruise Compasses with them, but the latest scans we could find were from May (cruisedailies).

Anyone have scans of something more recent?

Dave and Pat

Didn't get any responses as a separate thread, so we'll ask the Mariner veterans:)

Our group is sailing the Mariner 7-day western Caribbean next month. Most are first-time cruisers, and we'll all be together over the holidays. We'd love to share some recent Cruise Compasses with them, but the latest scans we could find were from May (cruisedailies).

Anyone have scans of something more recent?

Dave and Pat

Dave & Pat,

We did the Western the last week in September. If you send me your address I'll mail them to you. I don't have a scanner.

E-mail is my Cruise Critic name at comcast.net. Put something in the subject about Western compasses, or Cruise Critic. Will you be on the ship before Jan 21?

Dave & Pat,

We did the Western the last week in September. If you send me your address I'll mail them to you. I don't have a scanner.

E-mail is my Cruise Critic name at comcast.net. Put something in the subject about Western compasses, or Cruise Critic. Will you be on the ship before Jan 21?

Thanks, Slam308 - e-mail is on the way! We're sailing on Jan 13, anything we can get/do for you?

Dave & Pat

Also, we did have some odd instants on our cruise. Like the pool patrol had to walk the Promanade at night to help control the kids. That did not happen when we were on in Feb. And someone took one of the days of the week out of one of the Centrum elevators one day!

There were some other things this trip that were not as good as in February. But over all, Mariner is awesome!

Those were probably some of the kids from my group (45 there for my wedding - 12 kids). They loved hanging out at the Cafe. I apologize if they bothered you. We did not hear of them causing any trouble, in fact quite the contrary as we received many reports of how well behaved they were while out of sight from the adults. I know none of them took the sign out of the elevator.

• 2 weeks later...

DW and I are booked to sail on the Mariner Feb 3, 2008, do any of you know anything about the JS 9238? We have never sail on RCI so don't have any feeling for any of the cabins. All I know is with the snow and cold here already, Feb. can't come too soon.

OG

image.php?code=0XT132664bXk1Xs23XMariner sails

All I know about JS 9238 is that we will be almost right above you and promise to be quiet. Haven't been on the Mariner yet but was on the Adventure last February and know that the location of these rooms is perfect for us. It's a very quiet area. Just steps out of the room to the stairway up to the solarium and sun decks which is where I want to be today. With the storm outside today, I'm really looking forward to our first B2B in the sunshine.

We're just outside Toronto. We're not the mingling types.........we like going on vacation to get away from the people we know and love. Some of whom couldn't get here for dinner in this storm so I'm baking cookies and thinking of what to pack. Just watched the Mariner leave port............six more Sundays and we'll be on her!!! :)

Archived