All Things Mariner Of The Seas

We are sailing in a few weeks to western carribean. We want to eat in dining room on formal nights but some of us don't have really dressy clothes. Do the guys HAVE to wear a jacket? Can my daughter (16) wear nice slacks?

Thanks for all the postings. I really enjoy reading them!

You can hire a tux on the ship if you wish. Or if you have pants shirt and bow you can rent a jacket, as we did early this month.

You dont have to wear what you dont want but the tuxes are nice especially for the photographic memories. Enjoy your cruise. Mariner is just fantastic. I envy you.

Frank

We are sailing in a few weeks to western carribean. We want to eat in dining room on formal nights but some of us don't have really dressy clothes. Do the guys HAVE to wear a jacket? Can my daughter (16) wear nice slacks?

Thanks for all the postings. I really enjoy reading them!

I have only been on Celebrity so far, but will be going on the Mariner next April. Most men wear tuxes or suits for formal nights, I don't remember many that don't wear a jacket. As far as your daughter, nice slacks with a sparkly top would be fine. You could even buy 2 different sparkly tops and wear with the slacks for each formal night.

I have only been on Celebrity so far, but will be going on the Mariner next April. Most men wear tuxes or suits for formal nights, I don't remember many that don't wear a jacket. As far as your daughter, nice slacks with a sparkly top would be fine. You could even buy 2 different sparkly tops and wear with the slacks for each formal night.

Hi Glenda!!! saw this thread and decided to join in - if I may? - since I will be on the Mariner for the first time in Feb... I need to go back and read the past postings.

I am Corkey Carol and will be on the Mariner for its Inaugural from LA to Mexico on Feb 22 2009 - Glenda and I are friends and was hoping we can be on this same Feb cruise, but that's ok - I promise NOT to mess up the ship so she can get on and enjoy it too.... Corkey Carol

Hello. I am a board newbie, apologies if I should be asking this question elsewhere. We are about to book the Nov 30th sailing on the Mariner. "We" are two couples and one dear friend. Right now we're holding staterooms 2552 & 2554 which are adjoining oceanview cabins. From what I can tell/what our TA is telling us one room has a pullman bed--does this come out of the wall or how does that work? Just not sure how to describe this to our buddy who has never been on a cruise.

This is my second cruise, ever--the first was on the Sovereign last October, which I LOVED. We were on deck 8 or 9 I think so my only experience is being higher up in the ship. Frankly I am not planning to be in the cabin much...but still--can someone humor me and tell me whether we'll feel less fabulous being in a lower deck? This sailing looks very booked up so there is not much available that is in our price-range yet ocean view.

I don't think it matters what deck you are in - just being on the ship itself is exciting enough - just enjoy everything!! Corkey Carol

Hi Glenda!!! saw this thread and decided to join in - if I may? - since I will be on the Mariner for the first time in Feb... I need to go back and read the past postings.

I am Corkey Carol and will be on the Mariner for its Inaugural from LA to Mexico on Feb 22 2009 - Glenda and I are friends and was hoping we can be on this same Feb cruise, but that's ok - I promise NOT to mess up the ship so she can get on and enjoy it too.... Corkey Carol

Hi Carol! This is a great thread all about the Mariner. I did try for your Feb sailing but my mom wanted to go a little later, so that's how I ended up picking the sailing that starts on my birthday! Figured what the heck! It's the same time frame that Carl and I went there two years ago on the Infinity. Weather was great, very warm but not blistering. Glad you joined us here! There's lots of good info. See ya back on the CA thread! :D

Hey Glenda!! always nice to meet up with you no matter where the thread party is!! yay!

speaking of weather - does anyone know what type of weather Mexico has during Feb 22 ?

when we were in Cabo/Alcapulco during the last week of March, it was hot hot hot -

CruiseAwayWithMe-- have a good week anticipating your cruise! It always drives me nuts - last min things to do at home and at work - and then the cruise is always on my mind too!! tell us all about your cruise when you get back ... where are you going? Corkey Carol

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!

I have really enjoyed reading all the tips and comments about the Mariner from everyone - what a great thread!

But now I am disappointed that I am at the end - I want MORE ... arrrrgggg.

Okay - maybe I missed these - so humor me with any comments about:

• Any dancing onboard other than that for 20-somethings?
  • The Parade on the Promanade - best place to watch etc. (husband loves parades)
  • what's it like to climb the rock wall? Any first hand accounts? I am sort of afraid of heights - but secretly love to be scared!!!:eek:
  • HOW ABOUT: What was your favorite Bar and WHY???

Thanks to all for adding such excitement to my vacation before I even get there!!!:D

Hi Gaylebd:

My favorite bar - votex -- first of all, during our AK Cruise we are diamonds so we were able to enjoy the perks of the regular Concierge services and we had to gather there cuz there were over 400 or 500 diamonds. Then at night, it was still my favorite when it became the Disco cuz of the same barservers and also the bar goes "around" =

Disco - is for all - just ask for your fave music if what they are playing is not what you like - the dj can accommodate you.

Parade: we happen to be by the Promenade Cafe for the parade... just make sure you know when the parade will take place and stand in the front - they rope if off so you will know your limit -cuz it will get crowded -- mostly, we would be on the 8th deck overlooking the Promenade during the happenings there. I was able to get some pics ok - I used my zoom...

Corkey Carol

Hi Gaylebd:

My favorite bar - votex -- first of all, during our AK Cruise we are diamonds so we were able to enjoy the perks of the regular Concierge services and we had to gather there cuz there were over 400 or 500 diamonds. Then at night, it was still my favorite when it became the Disco cuz of the same barservers and also the bar goes "around" =

Disco - is for all - just ask for your fave music if what they are playing is not what you like - the dj can accommodate you.

Parade: we happen to be by the Promenade Cafe for the parade... just make sure you know when the parade will take place and stand in the front - they rope if off so you will know your limit -cuz it will get crowded -- mostly, we would be on the 8th deck overlooking the Promenade during the happenings there. I was able to get some pics ok - I used my zoom...

Corkey Carol

sorry Gaylebd - I had a super senior moment!! When I talked about my favorite bar - I was thinking of the Serenade cuz we were on an Alaska Cruise last month--- ok -- the Mariner, don't know - we were on the Explorer a couple of times so I was basing my other opinions on those cruisees!! heehee! SORRY!!!

The parade stories are ok - based on the Explorer - DISCO, ok too - you will be down on the 4th and 3rd floors for that. The bar doesn't go "around" there - it's on the 4th floor that overlooks the dancing floor on the 3rd.

Favorite Bar on the Mariner/Explorer-- champagne bar and pool bar... gosh! sorry for the mix up on the ships! Corkey Carol

We LOVED the Champagne Bar while we were onboard. Unfortunately, the bartenders who made it so fun, Angela and Ismael, (I believe) have moved to Independence. I imagine it's still a great place to have a drink, hang out, meet some new friends, and people-watch on the Promenade though. :)

Hey guys, I just got upgraded to a JS and I can't wait see what it looks like. Has anyone out there stayed in JS 9624 and have pics to share?

Thanks,

Chuck

Hey thats my cabin, lol. Take good care we will be there in Nov:D

When we were on the AOS we had JS 9618 (center of the hump) and just loved it.

Great, thanks!

BTW, were you booked in a GTY cabin or did the "upgrade fairy" just bring you a gift?

I like that...."upgrade fairy" brought me happiness!! They were offering the JS at the same price as my balcony so I called my TA and she made it happen. It was a senior citizen deal.

CruiseAwayWithMe-- have a good week anticipating your cruise! It always drives me nuts - last min things to do at home and at work - and then the cruise is always on my mind too!! tell us all about your cruise when you get back ... where are you going? Corkey Carol

I'm going on the Eastern Caribbean. I've been on the route before and the Mariner of the Seas. But, I still enjoy every minute of cruising. :D I'm leaving on July 6th from Michigan but VERY EARLY in the morning. I will be up at 3 AM and we will be heading to the airport around 4 AM. Early day ahead of us. ;) But, I'm happy to get up early for the cruise. :)

Hi I was wondering if you can tell me on the Marnier. What exact days were casual, Semi and formal nights. My girls are packing and need this information as they are borrowing shoes etc. It would be great if you could let me know. I am aware first night is Casual and last night is casual. Thanks, Lyn

THANKS FOR SHARING CORKY AND MARINER BRIDE - (nice gown btw!)

I love Champagne so that won't be difficult - hubby not so much - but he goes along to get along haha. do they offer different flights or drink of the day in there as well? That would be awesome ...

Yeah the bartenders have usually been the "draw" for me on past cruises - really sets the tone. I am in hope of finding a permanent seat at one of the tables on the Promanade where I will wait for my son and his wife every night before dinner.

I guess no one else out there hung out at any bars on the ship ...hhmmmm?;)

Archived