All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Hi Sharon! Krystal will you bring us back the new menus. Trying to figure out when it's Chops time. Thanx

Have a great trip. Silly statement, of course you will!

You run into the BESTest people on these boards!!! :)

Hi Barb!!! :D

3 days until Mariner of the Seas. :D Any requests? :p

Yes, just keep in intact so that I and Roudy1 can have fun on her during her inaugural here on the West Coast in Feb 2009!!! -- and of course, Have super great time!! Corkey

3 days until Mariner of the Seas. :D Any requests? :p

Yes, just keep in intact so that I and Roudy1 can have fun on her during her inaugural here on the West Coast in Feb 2009!!! -- and of course, Have super great time!! Corkey

Yes like Carol said above...and have a "foo foo" drink for me....and of course enjoy your cruise...:D

I'll keep that in mind. :D

Thanx!!! I think I don't let anything get in the way tho' = our last cruise in May - 14 days-- Alaska, the Serenade was a norovirus ship and I didn't realize it - not til I got home and I read the news. Luckily, hubby and I didn't get sick - it was a norov. ship before we boarded in SF and again the following cruise after us - Corkey Carol

Really? Good thing that you didn't get the dreaded norovirus. :eek: I was onboard the Liberty about a month after the norovirus scare. Everything was okay though. We asked some crew about the norovirus on the Liberty. They acted like they never heard of it. I guess, they are paid to pretend everything is okay. :p I always wash my hands before every meal & use any hand sanitizer. Also, I wipe down the cabin with some clorox wipes. It never hurts to try to be too clean. :D

Really? Good thing that you didn't get the dreaded norovirus. :eek: I was onboard the Liberty about a month after the norovirus scare. Everything was okay though. We asked some crew about the norovirus on the Liberty. They acted like they never heard of it. I guess, they are paid to pretend everything is okay. :p I always wash my hands before every meal & use any hand sanitizer. Also, I wipe down the cabin with some clorox wipes. It never hurts to try to be too clean. :D

You are right - the waiters, room stewards, etc. didn't let on that it was a norovirus situation - altho' they kept asking us if everything was ok - if I skipped a meal or didn't show up at my regular time for drinks they always asked if I was ok - how was I feeling etc etc... Yes, we are careful too - mostly, I think we tried to get as much fresh air as we could, tried to stay away from people with colds, coughs, etc. -- washed our hands -- Corkey

24 hours from 7 AM I will be on my flight over to Orlando, Florida. I'm sure that most of the sickness probably start on the airplane. It's just so confined and everyone is touching everything! :eek: I dunno how to stay safe on the airplane. Maybe just not touch my mouth or nose. Try to keep my hands washed even though it's an airplane.

I try never to fly without taking AirBorne. I try to take a few days ahead, but always before a flight. Hand sanitizer gets a workout, too. It can really be scary with all the little things being recycled right at you

So far it is working. i did get little cold or something last trip, but half the ship had it. i think i got on board. i took the airborne every four hours for three or four days and it was gone. others who were coughing and had runny noses lasted a lot longer. i always use it at the start of a cold and it seems to minimize the time.

Can't hurt to try it, no drugs in it. Only one suggestion, if you want to cary it with you, buy it off the ship, like home. it is almost double the price on board

have a great trip BON VOYAGE

Oh, yes I've noticed that everything is double price on the cruise ship. :p I can buy something at home for 1/4 of the price usually. But, airport security is so tight that they take everything. :eek: Last year they created a rule where you have to carry under 3 oz. We had suntan lotion in a carry on bag and it got taken. I'm bringing some 2 oz hand sanitizer, hope it doesn't get taken. I put it in a plastic zip lock. Should be okay. I understand that the rules are for saftey but they are getting very tight. :p

As long as you use a 1 quart baggie and nothing is over 3 ounces you'e good to go. If you have liquids in big bottles see if your local pharmacy will sell you a couple of 3oz medicine bottles to put it in. Otherwise scotch tape the top so it won't open, put it in a plastic bag and pack in your checked luggage. The tape keeps everything closed and the bag is there for insurance.

Bon Voyage again

Thanks for the info. I will probably be posting one or two more times. I'm leaving at about 4 AM tommorow morning. :)

Have a very good trip and check back in when you get back! ENJOY!!! corkey Carol

spacer.gifcruise-ship_~AA036953.jpg

BON VOYAGE KRYSTLE, BRING BACK NEW MENUS IF YOU CAN I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT BYE BYE

Emma, we sail the week before you. We'll try to keep the ship, shipshape, but the Royals may be gone from the pub with the Royal mariner Crooners aboard:D

spacer.gifcruise-ship_~AA036953.jpg

BON VOYAGE KRYSTLE, BRING BACK NEW MENUS IF YOU CAN I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT BYE BYE

Emma, we sail the week before you. We'll try to keep the ship, shipshape, but the Royals may be gone from the pub with the Royal mariner Crooners aboard:D

We sail the same week as Emma - there is a Roll Call for our sailing. It has been a bit quiet yet - hopefully when the shore excursion info comes out it will pick up some.

(I know you can get the shore excursion info other ways - I was just thinking it might make everyone start planning/thinking more about the cruise and generate more talking)

Archived