Oceanview Windows

momma2boys

Okay, so the OP had her answer in the second post.

As for the rest of this debate, we can all learn here. Having been on these boards for a number of years, I've seen the same questions asked hundreds of times. I answer them if I want and if not, then there are plenty of other members to answer those questions. I only respond if I see misinformation being given out on those threads I have previously skipped.

First, read the terms and conditions. They are there to guide all of us. If you do, then conflicts can be much more easily avoided. You will find a lot of helpful information there including this little gem: Typing in all CAPS is considered shouting and rude on the Internet unless you're trying to make a point. Many of us also consider typing in shorthand rude.

Second, do a search. Keep it simple.

Third, if all else fails, check beyond the first page to see if a question has been asked recently. There is no need for the same question to be asked five times in three pages. All you have to do is spend a little time to look and read.

Finally, post those questions! If you make your topic short and to the point, you'll get more answers. A topic like "Cruise" tells us absolutely nothing about what your question might be and could well be passed over by people with the exact information you're looking for.

The Mods can't be everywhere on a forum this large. They depend on those with experience to help guide the new members in the right direction. We all had to learn one way or another. The sooner someone new gets information on how to work within the guidelines, the sooner they become a more productive member.

And please, avoid pushing that stupid triangle! There are times when it might be necessary, but just because someone has a different opinion than you or me doesn't make it a playtoy for the easily offended.

Well said!! :)

I read these post everyday and I'm usually very excited about the information a learn but I too am afraid to post things most of the time in fear of sounding stupid. It seem so sad that asking legitamate questions get negative responses yet we do the "Doc Dance" and it's important?????

Please Browse BEFORE You Post Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#11

Boy if we all do searches before posting this will be a BORING site. I mean come on I ran across a post the other day that was started int 2005. That is stupid. I don't want to look through 400 pages to get the answer 500 times over. I agree with the earlier post if you don't want to read the new post then DON'T but don't be a butt a leave rude messages about a question someone has. SPICE OF LIFE. Have a beautiful day

Boy if we all do searches before posting this will be a BORING site. I mean come on I ran across a post the other day that was started int 2005. That is stupid. I don't want to look through 400 pages to get the answer 500 times over. I agree with the earlier post if you don't want to read the new post then DON'T but don't be a butt a leave rude messages about a question someone has. SPICE OF LIFE. Have a beautiful day

Since you didn't recogonize it, that is a direct cut and paste from the Site Guidelines that you and all the other people on this site agreed to when you joined.

Maybe you should read them again.

Why do some people feel the need to respond to questions that obviously annoy them? If you don't like the question then don't read it or respond to it! You can pretty much find the answer to every new question somewhere on this board and if no one ever asked anything else what would you have to do? Besides, why should anyone spend an hour trying to find an answer when 10 people will immediately answer within seconds. If the people asking questions bothers you then stay off the board!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Why do some people feel the need to respond to questions that obviously annoy them? If you don't like the question then don't read it or respond to it! You can pretty much find the answer to every new question somewhere on this board and if no one ever asked anything else what would you have to do? Besides, why should anyone spend an hour trying to find an answer when 10 people will immediately answer within seconds. If the people asking questions bothers you then stay off the board!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Since you didn't recogonize it, that is a direct cut and paste from the Site Guidelines that you and all the other people on this site agreed to when you joined.

Maybe you should read them again.

After wording the search MANY times I finally found some on open windows I noticed you commented on one on April 3 of this year and was very nice doing so. Why didn't you check and also tell them to do the search they could have went back to oct of 2006 and seen that someone asked back then as well. They way I understand your original post is that it is in the right area. They were asking about a Carnival ship this is a carnival thread so yep that would be the right place.:eek:

Sometimes people don't realize what the best words to use for a search feature is. Or they aren't really familiar with message boards and how they work so they just jump in hoping to fit in and make friends. They may not have read the rules, because let's face it-- not many people ever do.

I think about my mom and how she is a lurker in every single message board she is in because she doesn't want to look stupid or be attacked. I know that she has great thoughts and ideas, but she never expresses them for fear of being ridiculed. This type of situation is the reason for that.

And I would be willing to bet that most of the people who have been on these boards forever with thousands of posts never read the rules BEFORE they started posting. They probably found out the rules as they lurked or read or posted and now they have been here so long that they know all the rules just from simply hearing about them over and over. Or from occasionally jumping over to the rulebook so that they can be confident in attacking someone for breaking a specific rule.

I love everyone, that's just my 2cents.

Just like I get sick of the people who go around telling people what to do. It makes the board unpleasant for all of us. If the site owners want people to "follow the rules" then they need to be the ones to tell them, not the know-it-all people who think that because they post daily they have the right to get in people's faces. I normally avoid these type of conversations, but I guess today someone kicked my cat, so I'm wanting to kick other people's cats. :rolleyes:

I'm calling PETA!!! :p

Also, it might depend on what ship and what category you booked. I have a 5A oceanview on the Legend for August and my ppv said that these do open. This is an obstructed oceanview with french doors (no balcony).

Which ship are you sailing on?

French doors & no balcony? :confused: Please take pics of this. I'd like to see that.

FYI Many PVPs & TAs have never even been on a ship so don't believe everything they tell you.

French doors & no balcony? :confused: Please take pics of this. I'd like to see that.

FYI Many PVPs & TAs have never even been on a ship so don't believe everything they tell you.

According to what I am reading there are french doors that open to a obstructed view and I don't think they are balconies because there is a separate description of OV balconies

:

French Door Stateroom (Obstructed View)

French Door Staterooms 5A feature French doors that open to an obstructed ocean view, twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed, private bathroom with shower and hairdryer, color TV with first-run movies, wall safe, separate vanity area, and telephone. Staterooms 4202, 4203, 4205, and 4207 do not have French doors, but have partially obstructed picture windows. 185-sq.-ft. stateroom.

Private Balcony Stateroom (Obstructed View)

Private Balcony Staterooms 7A feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to a private balcony, twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed, private bathroom with shower and hairdryer, separate vanity area, and a sitting area with sofa, color TV, wall safe, and telephone. Staterooms in this category have an obstructed view. 185-sq.-ft. stateroom; 40-sq.-ft. balcony.

According to what I am reading there are french doors that open to a obstructed view and I don't think they are balconies because there is a separate description of OV balconies

:

French Door Staterooms 5A feature French doors that open to an obstructed ocean view, twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed, private bathroom with shower and hairdryer, color TV with first-run movies, wall safe, separate vanity area, and telephone. Staterooms 4202, 4203, 4205, and 4207 do not have French doors, but have partially obstructed picture windows. 185-sq.-ft. stateroom.

Private Balcony Staterooms 7A feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to a private balcony, twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed, private bathroom with shower and hairdryer, separate vanity area, and a sitting area with sofa, color TV, wall safe, and telephone. Staterooms in this category have an obstructed view. 185-sq.-ft. stateroom; 40-sq.-ft. balcony.

Thanks. Learn something new every day. :D Spirit class ships are not my favorite choice of ships so I've never checked it out.

:

Thanks what I was looking for was something like you just show, how do you get to this detailed description. I have clicked and clicked on the OB trying to find this out?

The best I can come up with is a one liner

Ocean View

Includes stateroom category: 6A 5A (not shown): French doors and railing with obstructed views.

Id like to see a more detailed description of the codes you see on the rooms....any or all of them to be honest.

Sometimes people don't realize what the best words to use for a search feature is. Or they aren't really familiar with message boards and how they work so they just jump in hoping to fit in and make friends. They may not have read the rules, because let's face it-- not many people ever do.

I think about my mom and how she is a lurker in every single message board she is in because she doesn't want to look stupid or be attacked. I know that she has great thoughts and ideas, but she never expresses them for fear of being ridiculed. This type of situation is the reason for that.

And I would be willing to bet that most of the people who have been on these boards forever with thousands of posts never read the rules BEFORE they started posting. They probably found out the rules as they lurked or read or posted and now they have been here so long that they know all the rules just from simply hearing about them over and over. Or from occasionally jumping over to the rulebook so that they can be confident in attacking someone for breaking a specific rule.

I love everyone, that's just my 2cents.

Being new to a message board can sometimes be daunting. Everyone had to be a newbie at some point. Many have found their way by trial and error and others have been guided along by more seasoned posters. On a board this large, with over 1/4 million members, you are going to find all kinds of people just as you do in real life. The good, the bad and a few sick people. You learn to deal with them, ignore them or help them. How you choose to do so is up to you, but sometimes it takes a thick skin and a good dose of tolerance to remain active. ;)

Archived