Soda Card Question

vfb2girls

If we were to purchase a soda card is this used just for fountain soda? Also do they have both pepsi and coke products available? I do not drink soda but my husband does but will not drink fountain soda, only in the cans or bottles. And I do know now that we may bring a small amount of soda with us but honestly we are on vacation and do not want to haul anymore stuff around that we don't need to. I figured we have forked over a small fortune for this Alaskan trip so the price of a soda card is probably the cheapest thing we can buy.

Carnival carries Coke produts. I got the soda card on my first cruise but will not do so this time. I did not see fountain sodas....what I would get served was a glass with ice filled with diet coke from open cans...sort of the dregs of cans I guess they used for mixed drinks or something. I would rather pay full price and get a fresh and full can of diet coke! If they have fountain sodas now....then maybe a soda card...but I am not really fond of fountain sodas (don't trust them to be brixed right and am picky about cleanliness....I have seen some ugly/dirty fountain nozzles, etc!). Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks for the replies, I guess no soda card for us, husband only drinks mountain dew and only in the bottles or cans so he will just have to fork over the money for some while onboard or find one when we are in port. As long as I have my coffee and my own tea I will be fine.

Soda cards are the way to go if you drink it. As per the cruises I have taken they carry Pepsi and not Coke. This might of changed. I personally don't drink sodas but to my knowledge they carry Pepsi products.

I've never seen Pepsi on any cruise line I've sailed. I wish it were so.

I'd be in heaven if they had Mt. Dew onboard. I don't drink coffee so get my caffeine from the Dew.

Bill

Thanks for the replies, I guess no soda card for us, husband only drinks mountain dew and only in the bottles or cans so he will just have to fork over the money for some while onboard or find one when we are in port. As long as I have my coffee and my own tea I will be fine.

each can of soda will cost you $2.02

carnival has soda coupons that give you 4 cans for 7 something. (it prepays your soda bill)

we too are also big soda drinkers but 80 bucks for 2 of us to drink soda--- I'd just drink the free stuff and leave the soda alone during a cruise-- and pay as we go.

I do use soda coupons since the SO needs soda at dinner.

Icd tea is free and mixing it with lemonade or fruitpunch gives it different flavors--plus the choc milk-- gets me through the week

I heared that water can be expensive when u drink over a gallon a day...does the soda card cover all u want water or not ??? Does the soda even cover all u want non alcoholic drinks or is there a limit...

Does not cover bottled water at all. Glasses of water are free. All other drinks juice, tea coffee are free (except specialty coffee shop) Bottled water is expensive. 2-3.50 depending on size. They don't sell other soda onboard ship anywhere. Just coke products. Doesn't cover "virgin" drinks . Just soda those are extra.

those frozen non alcohlic drinks cost 3.95 plus 15% gratutity. If the soda card covered those and water-- more people would probably buy them.

water is fine to drink on the ship- take an insulated cup that you can fill on the lido deck.. take an empty bottle that you can refill during the day and leave in the ice bucket overnight for shore excursions.

Hi!

The soda card on Carnival is an unlimited soda card. It is good for all sodas, coke, diet coke, sprite, Fanta orange, ginger ale, and sometimes root beer. You can also get things like a Shirley Temple which tastes like Cherry 7 up, and ask for a cherry coke and they make it for you. Then of course you can get many juices that are not otherwise available cranberry, orange, grapefruit, tomato, etc. After 9 Carnival cruises in the last 2 1/2 years we have never got the leftovers of a can, I watch them and they open a new can and pour it in. They also have a great CocaCola drink holder that if you have it then you will actually get the whole can everytime. It takes that to fill it with ice. If you want more, ask them for it with either no ice or very little and you get about a can and half. Of course since it is unlimited, you can drink some and have them refill it as much as you want anytime. In the dining room many times they bring us a glass first and then start bringing the can and glass when they see that we will want refills. If you drink soda it is definately worth the money and convenient and fun, too! You can also get snacks at any bar when you get your soda, just ask them and they will give you a whole small dish of whatever they have then, mixed nuts, goldfish, pretzels, etc. Hal has a punch card where you have punches for 20 drinks of any choice and a drink container also. We really like the unlimited better, but they both work. Have a great cruise everyone!:)

We are going on RCI in a few weeks anyone know what their soda deal is like?

Archived