Taking booze on P&O ships Light at the end of the tunnel

daiB

This is worthy of a new thread

Dear Mr Hunt,

Thank you for your email and for sharing your concerns with us.

As I am sure you will appreciate all of our policies are under constant review and we have recently updated our Responsible Serving of Alcohol policy for P&O Cruises. Whilst we do indeed reserve the right to confiscate alcohol at the gangway should the need arise, it is not our intention to invoke this policy as a matter of course during 2007, or indeed 2008, and we will implement it only on the occasions where we consider the health, comfort, safety or enjoyment of all on board our vessels to be compromised. As part of the policy, we also reserve the right to refuse service of alcohol to any passenger should we be given

cause to do so, similar to any shore based establishment. Unfortunately, our first edition 2008 brochure was printed prior to this decision and I am sorry this was not made clear.

Mr Hunt, I do hope this information helps alleviate some of your concerns and that you can once again look forward to travelling with P&O Cruises.

Kind regards

Claire Edmunds

P&O Cruises

Carnival UK

Better news??????????

:) :) Happy Cruising:) :)

:cool:

Dai

I AM RELIEVED, You can treat me to a even cheaper drink in your cabin now Dai - or failing that, bring a tea bag!!

You beat me to it, I was just about to post this info as well.

We took a 3 lite box of white wine for in-cabin drinking for late afternoonand pre-dinner drinkies, and the box saw us through the 14nights, for £17 for about 17 glasses. A £1 a glass, £4 if we had to buy from the bar...

Happy bunny now!

Sue - Libra - Mod from Cruisers Say, in case you hadn't worked it out yet.

See you at thre Dinner Dance big boy!:D

The new P&O brochure out a few days ago states that alcohol can not be taken on board it did not say this in the previos brochure.

"As part of the policy, we also reserve the right to refuse service of alcohol to any passenger should we be given cause to do so, similar to any shore based establishment. Unfortunately, our first edition 2008 brochure was printed prior to this decision and I am sorry this was not made clear."

This makes it clear that the statement in the Brochure was a bit forthright and P&O are simply reserving the right to take booze away in certain circumstances.

:) :) Happy Cruising:) :)

:cool:

Dai

the email Stephen Hunt sent was in response to the 2008 brochure about bringing alcohol onboard Storr, When we all saw it a few days ago a lot of people on all cruise boards were upset about it so Stephen emailed pando for an answer and that is what they said.:D

I am boarding Arcadia 8 weeks today and my box of wine will be in my hand lugagge case!

Sue

I'm very, very glad P&O are being sensible. My wife and myself enjoy good wine - and the wine on P&O's wine lists are all very good, and indeed, some are truly excellent as proven by my bar bills... - but on occasion, we do like a wine we know very well which isn't on their list.

Perhaps we should have a thread for favourite wines to drink on a cruise? :D

Archived