Sailing tomorrow - no cabin yet- gty question

sailaway211

I am leaving tomorrow on the Victory. I went into bookmodify and no cabin assign. yet. my agent called Carnival and they said cabin has not been assigned. I have been on 7 of their ships 2 within the last 6 months. I booked a 4A gty. I have a feeling I am going to end up with a 4A cabin. Has anyone else gotten an upgrade when they didn't have a cabin assignment the day before sailing? :confused: :)

Sailaway,

My upgrade on the PRIDE last May was so "fresh" it still had the name of the paxs it was assigned to, on it. It was so last minute Carnival didn't even have time to change the name to mine. Had to make that name change at the sign'n'sail security photo station ! :confused:

Incidentally, I was upgraded from a 1A to a 4A. Terrific cruise ! :)

Our docs had numbers on the back I thought would be our room assignment, our luggage tags said TBA. At the pier I had to change all luggage tags because what was on the ticket was not our room assignment. this was last week.

There aren't any numbers on my documents. This is the first time I have ever had a gty and did not find out ahead of time. I have a feeling no news is not good news. Once I was upgraded from an inside lowest deck to deck 10 balcony - that was on Princess!! I have never not been upgraded and this will be my 10th cruise God willing. What will be will be...... Upgrade or not here I come!!!:)

I just got back from the Fascination on friday and I booked a GTY. When I received the docs on the back of the S & S card was the letter M22. Sure enough when I got to the pier the porter had wrote M22 on our luggage tag. It was an upgrade for us...from an inside to an outside. Good Luck

We recently booked a cruise about a month prior to sailing and did a 4A gty. We found out our cabin when we checked our luggage at the port. I would have preferred to keep a 4A and stay on Riviera, but instead we got a Main aft inside cabin and heard all the engines and anchors every time we got into and left a port. Very noisy! I'll probably not do a 4A gty that close to time of sailing again. We didn't complain though, because it was our choice to book like that and we were thankful to just be able to cruise.

With newly announced policy of assigning guarantee cabins 7-8 weeks in advance, I think they'll be solid assignments now. We're booked Oct. 4 on Holiday, and Thursday Carnival's website began showing E19, 59 days in advance. I ordered a gift sent to the room, and received confirmation of the room and passenger names/details. Doesn't seem like they plan to change it.

Incidentally, all categories except the balconies -- of which there are only 10 -- are still available for sale on Carnival's site, so it's not a fully-booked departure yet.

With newly announced policy of assigning guarantee cabins 7-8 weeks in advance, I think they'll be solid assignments now. We're booked Oct. 4 on Holiday, and Thursday Carnival's website began showing E19, 59 days in advance. I ordered a gift sent to the room, and received confirmation of the room and passenger names/details. Doesn't seem like they plan to change it.

Incidentally, all categories except the balconies -- of which there are only 10 -- are still available for sale on Carnival's site, so it's not a fully-booked departure yet.

I'd be surprised if this was the policy as I can't see my cabin assignment anywhere and am leaving in a couple weeks. It's not under the "modify booking" on the site nor is it anywhere on the Sail/Sea Pass or Cruise tickets. All I see is GTEE written everywhere.

Archived