Liberty Questions

CruizinMom1202

Next month our family is sailing to the Eastern Caribbean onboard the Liberty. I've never sailed on CCL before and have a few questions.

1. Supper Club - We are celebrating my son's graduation on our cruise and were thinking about taking him to the reservastions only supper club one night. What is the name of the SC on the Liberty, and what day is the best day to book our reservation? Does anyone have any comments on the Liberty's supper club or know how to book reservations before arriving on the ship?
  2. Ice cream - we have a long standing tradition of having ice cream each afternoon and evening. Does the Liberty have an ice cream bar that is not soft serve and if so, what are the hours?
  3. Guest participant show - Does the Liberty have a talent or similar type show that guests can particpate in?
  4. Is there anything that is a "Must see or do" on the Liberty?
  5. What is "The Garden" I see on the deck plans?
  6. Does the Liberty have a cruise DVD made each cruise? If so, is it pre-made or one that they make during the cruise that includes highlights and fellow cruisers?

I think that is all for now. Is there anything else we would find interesting or beneficial?

Thanks ahead of time for any and all answers/comments!

1. Supper Club - We are celebrating my son's graduation on our cruise and were thinking about taking him to the reservastions only supper club one night. What is the name of the SC on the Liberty, and what day is the best day to book our reservation? Does anyone have any comments on the Liberty's supper club or know how to book reservations before arriving on the ship?

Cannot be booked ahead of time. the name is harry's supper club. cost $30 pp. you can book as soon as you board, there will be a table for reservations in the main atrium.

1. Ice cream - we have a long standing tradition of having ice cream each afternoon and evening. Does the Liberty have an ice cream bar that is not soft serve and if so, what are the hours?

only soft serve in the buffet. scooped in the dining room. for a treat, order a banana split off the kid's menu (adults can do this too).

1. Guest participant show - Does the Liberty have a talent or similar type show that guests can particpate in?

yes.

1. Is there anything that is a "Must see or do" on the Liberty?

don't miss the sushi.

1. What is "The Garden" I see on the deck plans?

i have no idea, and i was onboard for 28 days

1. Does the Liberty have a cruise DVD made each cruise? If so, is it pre-made or one that they make during the cruise that includes highlights and fellow cruisers?

they combine both.

I think that is all for now. Is there anything else we would find interesting or beneficial?

if you like quiet areas, the only place you'll find is deck 3, beneath the lifeboats. my fav place on the ship.

From looking at the deck plans, I would say that the Garden is the name of the atrium.

The part of the atrium on the Lobby deck (the ground floor, if you will) is the Flowers Lobby, and then the multi-deck open-air atrium as a whole is called the Garden.

1. It is called Harry's, book the first night,and you can't book unless your on the ship

2. There is only frozen yogurt

3. Yes there is it is called the Legends show and you must audition for a specific part ex. Elvis,Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Britney Spears, Madonna, Garth Brooks, Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan, Frank Sinatra

4. Watching a movie on the bigscreen at night

5. The garden is the nine deck atrium

6. Yes, and it is made during the cruise

Hope I could help

From looking at the deck plans, I would say that the Garden is the name of the atrium.

The part of the atrium on the Lobby deck (the ground floor, if you will) is the Flowers Lobby, and then the multi-deck open-air atrium as a whole is called the Garden.

ding ding ding - you are correct. the mind is the first thing to go, they say.

About the ice cream. Is there ice cream you can "purchase" at the place where they sell the specialty desserts? I bought the best oatmeal raisin cookies there on the miracle but not sure if the Liberty has this. I thought they sold ice cream too but I may be wrong.

About the ice cream. Is there ice cream you can "purchase" at the place where they sell the specialty desserts? I bought the best oatmeal raisin cookies there on the miracle but not sure if the Liberty has this. I thought they sold ice cream too but I may be wrong.

Desserts, but no ice cream. However, the coffee is great!

1. Supper Club - Does anyone have any comments on the Liberty's supper club or know how to book reservations before arriving on the ship?

there are 3 ways to make reservations-- the hostess in the lobby when you board. Call when you get to your cabin or go directly to the supper club when you board.. If you go early enough you can pick your table.

Reservations were gone by 4pm the day we boarded so if this is something you want-- do it early. We booked for Thursday. Tuesday was all reserved up (and this was by 1:30pm)

1. Ice cream - we have a long standing tradition of having ice cream each afternoon and evening. Does the Liberty have an ice cream bar that is not soft serve and if so, what are the hours?

THe Liberty does have a specialty place that does coffee and scooped ice cream-- the best milk shakes which are 3.95 plus grats. Choc covered strawberries 5 of those for 3 bucks. DIdnt even check out ice cream prices since its free soft serve on the lido or scooped at dinner./lunch.

check deck plans on the Promanade deck (jardins cafe)

1. Guest participant show - Does the Liberty have a talent or similar type show that guests can particpate in?

its done with the karoke now. and only 4-6 people get in. Its called Liberty Idol

1. Is there anything that is a "Must see or do" on the Liberty?

the stir fry station at lunch time-- PLEASE tell me its opened later too.

you go through the buffet line and put your own ingrdients in a bowl.. then pick your meat- chicken , steak or seafood.. then take it to the fry station and let them know what kind of sauce you want it fried with..oh mi gawd...

1. Does the Liberty have a cruise DVD made each cruise? If so, is it pre-made or one that they make during the cruise that includes highlights and fellow cruisers?

its made from YOUR cruise. Its a highlight video and includes a little bit of each day.

I think that is all for now.

THe Liberty does have a specialty place that does coffee and scooped ice cream-- the best milk shakes which are 3.95 plus grats. Choc covered strawberries 5 of those for 3 bucks. DIdnt even check out ice cream prices since its free soft serve on the lido or scooped at dinner./lunch.

Serene ain't just whistlin' Dixie about how good those milk shakes are - I mean really good. I think it's because of a high quality ice cream being used, yet they don't have it priced for individual sale at the coffee bar.

But. . . how odd this question was asked now, because that situation recently came up while I was ordering my shake on Celebration in February. This lady said she didn't care for soft serve, and just wanted to buy a bowl of several scoops of dipped ice cream. The crew member apologized that is wasn't available by itself, and suggested the passenger order it later in the dining room that evening. Not taking 'No' for an answer, the lady quite politely (and brilliantly) said, "Then I'd like to order a chocolate shake - but hold the milk, and hold the blending". It shocked me, too, but it worked. She got a shake cup filled with several scoops of exactly what she wanted, put the price of a shake on her S&S, and walked away with a spoon and a huge smile. Kudos to her!! (now, why didn't I think of that?)

its done with the karoke now. and only 4-6 people get in. Its called Liberty Idol

When we were on the Liberty a few weeks ago, it was just the preliminaries done during karaoke . . . the finalists got to perform on the big stage with the band, singers, and the dancers. It was called the Legends. Our show was fantastic! They picked the best Elvis, best Madonna, etc. to be in the show.

Serene ain't just whistlin' Dixie about how good those milk shakes are - I mean really good. I think it's because of a high quality ice cream being used, yet they don't have it priced for individual sale at the coffee bar.

But. . . how odd this question was asked now, because that situation recently came up while I was ordering my shake on Celebration in February. This lady said she didn't care for soft serve, and just wanted to buy a bowl of several scoops of dipped ice cream. The crew member apologized that is wasn't available by itself, and suggested the passenger order it later in the dining room that evening. Not taking 'No' for an answer, the lady quite politely (and brilliantly) said, "Then I'd like to order a chocolate shake - but hold the milk, and hold the blending". It shocked me, too, but it worked. She got a shake cup filled with several scoops of exactly what she wanted, put the price of a shake on her S&S, and walked away with a spoon and a huge smile. Kudos to her!! (now, why didn't I think of that?)

Great tip. Would have never thought of that. Thanks.:D

My dad only likes the soft serve.. and made his own banana split every day-- grabbed a banana and some pineapples from the buffet thenheaded back to the soft serve machines--FREE

Thank you for all your answers. Dad didn't like the ice cream answer, but it is what it is.

Also, does the Liberty have a midnight buffet every night or only the night of the chocolate extravaganza?

The last cruise we went on (Celebrity) their midnight buffet was only one night and it had Hor dorves and barely any chocolate.

Thank you for all your answers. Dad didn't like the ice cream answer, but it is what it is.

Also, does the Liberty have a midnight buffet every night or only the night of the chocolate extravaganza?

The last cruise we went on (Celebrity) their midnight buffet was only one night and it had Hor dorves and barely any chocolate.

on my sailing, there was a very limited midnight buffet at the grille every night. one night there was a gala buffet. the chocolate buffet was at lunch.

On our Liberty cruise in February, the chocolate extravaganza was in the afternoon on the last sea day (they listed it as their "Taste of Nations" theme for the day). The lines were awful - we never even tried. The midnight buffet is separate and is held only one night. There's usually a 1/2 hour "pictures only" period, then everyone can dig in. We didn't go on Liberty, but here's a photo from our Legend cruise last year:

1775774701_Icesculpture-galabuffet.jpg.404cf46dceaace86558a7ed98af743c7.jpg

Archived