Explorer of the Seas - Jr. Suite # 6692 (aft cabin)

5kitty

Any input on the aft cabin Jr. suites on Explorer of the Seas? Looking to possibly book #6692. Never sailed on RCCL before. Are the balconys covered? Clear view to water or obstructed? Can I find pictures anywhere? Thanks.

We had 6692 in December, just click on our link below to see some pictures. The balcony is set back from the end of the ship so you do not look straight down to the wake like you would on a Radience class of ship. The balcony is covered but very spacious. We enjoyed the cabin and did not find the superstructure to be the obstruction we thought it would be in terms of the view.

Hope the pictures help you.

Kathy

Here are Bonnie VOyagers photos of the afts. THe explorer. voyager and navigator will all be the same:

http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

personally for the money I would not be booking the deck 6 balconies--expecially on the aft. THe deck 6 opens to a crew area...(crew rarely goes out there but its still there.)

Deck 6 balconies on the side are closed in with metal -not plexiglass so it gives it a kind of closed in feeling.

I would love to see the pictures, but I do not see a link to click on. Thanks.

The link is just beside my name in the signature section. Whatever you choose -- have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy

Thanks to everyone for the replies. We actually ended up booking a JS on the aft of deck 7. Our balcony in the aft on deck 7 would provide privacy for us, right? From the pictures, it looks like people may be able to walk right out in front of our balcony from a hallway door. Thanks.

Kathy

deck 7 is a better choice. People can not walk outside your balcony on deck 7 but on deck 6 thats another story.

Just look at the photos again and prepare yourself for the steel structure. At least you are prepared and know to expect it.

Archived