Trip Report: Australia, Asia

voyager-sue

I've placed a trip report on Travelpod discussing our recent 34 day cruise on Holland America MS Statendam.

The itinerary was:

Sydney, Brisbane, Whitsunday Islands, Cairns, Darwin, Bali, Semarang (Java), Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China (Xiamen, Shanghai, Beijing, Dalian), Pusan (Korea), Nagasaki, and Osaka.

We spent a week in Sydney before the cruise and a week in Japan after, visiting Takayama in the Japanese Alps, and Tokyo.

Here's a link:

http://www.travelpod.com/members/voyager-sue

Cheers,

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thanks so much for a very entertaining read. I was on the Amsterdam from Fort Laudedrdale to Hong Kong (her GWV - but I could only afford to do half the voyage this year:D) and we were in Sydney a couple of weeks before you were. We had two days of glorious sunshine and then headed north for Cairns and Darwin, where we got soaked. Hey, it's okay since they were great ports and I had a wonderful time.

I'm booked on the Amsterdam for her Grand Asia Pacific cruise in 2008, and so found your blog to be of real interest. I had only intended to print out the information on the ports we would be visiting but ended up printing all of them since they were such a great read.

Thanks so much for posting and for the information on Bali (was there this year and loooooved it); Singapore and Nha Trang; Shanghai and Osaka, all of which I'll get to see next year.

Valerie:)

Archived