Price Line

bjkeen

BUT, you have to use your head. Go to the bidding for travel site and they should help you.

I use Priceline when I just need a place in an area of town. I would never use it to stay at the beach because I absolutely have to be right on the beach with a balcony. You may not get this type of room when using this service.

I take that back. I did use it once for Cocoa Beach because it was only one night pre-cruise and got Cocoa Beach Hilton. It was oceanfront but no balconies, only windows, which was okay with me in that situation.

I also used either Priceline or Hotwire and got Radisson Riverwalk downtown Tampa one night prior to cruise which was great too.

I believe there is a place to post hotel information on the boards here and this post may need to be there. Not sure, but so glad to offer up my own experience wherever I can.

We have used it for fort lauderdale (numerous times) Conneticut, new orleans and a couple of more. Have always had great results, did go to the biddingfortravel.com web site to get an idea on what to bid and when

Regards

Pete

We have used it for fort lauderdale (numerous times) Conneticut, new orleans and a couple of more. Have always had great results, did go to the biddingfortravel.com web site to get an idea on what to bid and when

Regards

Pete

I have booked hotel rooms in Fort Lauderdale and Honolulu and car rentals on 4 Hawaiian islands and have been very happy with all. We have stayed at some really nice places for very little, just be sure you read biddingfortravel.com carefully, and that you understand the process. It is a little intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it's actually kind of fun seeing how low of a winning bid you can accomplish.

used it for the first time for my upcoming 8/29 conquest cruise. wanted the hilton riverside in NO precruise and did my homework first. saw that they only offered 3 4* hotels and any of them would have been fine. bid $50 even though online and by phone $99 was the lowest rate i could find. They accepted it for 2 nights. After the fact, i saw that someone else on here had bid $45 so i probably should have tried that first...but, i am really happy with me rate.
I will definitely do it again!!!

Yo-

Have used it numerious times - all over the country - for hotels and rental cars-

Look at the company sites first - and see what they are charging (especially rental cars) - this will give you an idea of what the going rates are - then bid 1/2 of that rate on Priceline-

We got the Sheraton Suites at Philly Airport for $45 per night that way...........

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I agree with everyone else. I've had very good luck using Priceline. Also definitely go to bidding for travel before you use it though, lots of good information there.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

I use Priceline too. Someone else recommended [url="http://www.biddingfortravel.com"]biddingfortravel[/url], and I agree. It's a great site and can give you a good idea of which hotels you might get based on the rating and area of the city you're bidding on. My hotel before Conquest is $50 (or is it $60?:o ) a night. The cheapest rate I could find the same hotel for was $190 a night.

Of course, you have to take into account the fact that you can't cancel the hotel reservation. So, if something comes up, you're out the hotel money unless the cancel reason is covered by your travellers insurance.

I've never had a bad experience with Priceline.

I use Priceline all the time for flights and hotels. I wish you could bid on cruises too! I commute to Seattle every few weeks for work and have to stay overnight. I always get the Marriott in Lynwood (has a pool and gym) for $35 a night. You can't even get Motel 6 for that!! I agree that biddingfortravel.com is a good place to go to see what you're getting for the star levels.

I like Priceline for hotels too. Many, many good deals through them (and I've booked over 30 hotel nights with them now). You must read [url]www.biddingfortravel.com[/url] 's FAQ. If you don't understand what a "free rebid" is and how it works you're likely paying too much for your hotel room. It's all explained in the FAQ.

Realize the limitations of priceline and you'll be admazed at the bargins you get.

Archived