Anyone use shuttle service from Port of Miami to FLL recently?

powelweb

Hi All,

I'm sailing next week, and am still trying to decide on how we return to FLL from Port of miami after our cruise.

I have an Avis reservation (thanks Acrossenger), and I've looked up the quote for tri-county express shuttle to do a scheduled pick-up at the Port, which would be $122.5 for 2 including tip.

I've read other posts here on CC that mentioned many shuttles waiting at the Port to transport to FLL, but since our 5 nighter on Explorer returns on a Wednesday, I'm concerned that those "no reservation" shuttles may not be there for a mid-week return.

I'm also concerned that FLL doesn't have a lot to it, so if we get there at 8:30 or 9, we may get bored waiting for our noon flight.

Anyone have thoughts, suggestions or experiences to share- please chime in.

TIA, and happy sailings,

Wendy

FLL is not a lot of fun if you arrive prior to two hours before your flight. You will not be able to get to your gate until EXACTLY two hours prior which means you sit in the main portion of the airport, usually on the floor with everyone else waiting... Eating establishments are packed too. It is not much fun. However, my experience is from a Sunday departure which meant we were departing with everyone else whose ships arrived in port that day, perhaps midweek is different.

Archived