where does the Dawn depart from in NY

jvezlife

Does the dawn still depart in manhattan or is it in brooklyn?

If in Brooklyn Where? and how do you get there from the GW bridge

please help leaving 5/5/07

thanks

jv

Get off on the West side highway heading south...you can't miss the Dawn...she'll be on your right. There are plenty of signs for parking your car if you'll leaving it at the pier.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Ciao,

W A W W

Copied from one of my previous posts...

Take I-95 and the GW bridge to the Henry Hudson Pkwy. It doesn't matter if you get on the upper or lower deck, though lower may have faster traffic because it's all cars. Take the HH Pkwy exit South, to the right. The exit splits in two, so make sure you stay with the Pkwy South. Follow the Pkwy for several miles, until it begins to move away from the water and turns into a regular city street. You'll bear right at the very first set of traffic lights. The sign at the lights will say something about the port terminal. Follow the signs to drop off luggage in front of the terminal, and then follow the signs to the parking garage above the terminal.

Teri

Here'a Google map of the New York piers.

You'll have to use the pier which the Dawn is docked,

which can vary from cruise to cruise.

I'm not sure which one NCL uses most often.

NCLpierNYC.jpg

The piers are located at 48th, 50th, and 52nd Streets.

I never understand why its so important to know which of the three piers the ship is leaving from because there is only ONE motor entrance to the piers at 54/55th street. The single roadway is perpendicular to the three piers. In any case it won't be pier 88(the one at 48th street) which is closed for repairs. You only need to know if you are coming up across the street and getting off and crossing and you will SEE where the ship is when you do. There have been days that because of a pier problem, wind or weather, or coast guard issues the pier changes at the last minute. Don't worry about it you will see signs telling you which ship is where when you drive up the ramp and you will be directed. They do really want you to get on the right ship...unless you wear a Red sox hat :)

I never understand why its so important to know which of the three piers the ship is leaving from because there is only ONE motor entrance to the piers at 54/55th street. The single roadway is perpendicular to the three piers. In any case it won't be pier 88(the one at 48th street) which is closed for repairs. You only need to know if you are coming up across the street and getting off and crossing and you will SEE where the ship is when you do. There have been days that because of a pier problem, wind or weather, or coast guard issues the pier changes at the last minute. Don't worry about it you will see signs telling you which ship is where when you drive up the ramp and you will be directed. They do really want you to get on the right ship...unless you wear a Red sox hat :)

There are posts...and there there are POSTS! Your's was definately the latter! Gave me a good giggle. I like your sense of humor!

Ciao,

W A W W

Hey, what's that Red Sox crack???:D

Archived