Luggage on the Heart of the Rockies Tour

My wife and I are taking this tour prior to an Alaskan cruise on the Diamond Princess, can anyone who has done this tour answer a couple of questions about the luggage allowances.

1) We are going to split our luggage into 1 case each for the cruise and 1 large shared case for the coach part. Is this much luggage allowed and can we get access to our cruise luggage if we need to on the coach tour.

2) We are also taking the train for the final 2 days of this tour - are there any special rules for luggage on the train, we have an overnight hotel stay in Kamloops.

3) Can we have an additional carry-on bag for the coach as well.

If anyone has this info I'd appreciate it as we can get no info here in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did this tour last year. Sounds like the same one as you with the bus (aka mortorcoach) in the beginning and the Rockie Mountaineer for the last two days. We started in Calgary, went to Banff, Lake Louise and then Jasper. Then boarded the train from Jasper to Kamloops and Kamloops to Vancouver. If this is the same trip you are going to love it. It was fabulous and first class all the way. We had 3 suitcases and 2 carryons. We had all suitcases with us all the way to the train. Then they took them all and bussed them to Kamloops and we foudn them in the room of the hotel at Kamloops when we got there. Pretty much same thing with Vancouver. I did take a small carry on with me on the train with our Camera, binocculars and medicines.

Again, this trip make the Alaskan cruise anti-climatic. I wish Princess would tell you more about the trip ahead of time because last year I was doing the same thing as you and searching high and low for someone who took the trip.

Marilee

Archived