camp carnival on sea days/Birthdays at Camp Carnival

Irish708

I'm going on the Valor in September , doing the Eastern itinerary, which has 3 sea days. Seems that Camp Carnival closes more often on sea days. Do they keep this practice when half the cruise is sea days ? My son will be eight at the time. Also, will Camp Carnival do anything special for a birthday ?

Thanks !:D

My youngest son turned 7 in February during our cruise on Liberty. They sang "Happy Birthday" and gave him a small gift - I think it was a Carnival CD holder. As for closing on sea days, we've been on several cruises with 4 sea days and they generally held to the pattern of opening at 9, closing at either 12 or 1 for 2 hours, then closing before dinner. (During the two hours around lunchtime, they invite the under-2 set to play in Camp Carnival with their parents in tow.) They then had Camp Carnival dinner at 5:45 and remained open until 10 when babysitting started.

For your son's birthday, you can also order a cake to be delivered to your table in the dining room. Our server knew of the order and told DH when it would be delivered. They had candles on the cake and about 5-6 other servers joined our server in bringing the cake to the table and singing "Happy Birthday." Our server also packed the leftover cake to take back to our cabin.

We'll be on Valor next February when our son turns 8; I'd like to hear about your son's experience!

I have a problem with my two grandkids, one is age 12 and the other almost 12. We would like them to be in the same Camp Carnival group and wondered if Carnival would have any problems with the 11 year old being in with the 12-14 age group? How would Carnival know??

Thanks, Gramma

I have a problem with my two grandkids, one is age 12 and the other almost 12. We would like them to be in the same Camp Carnival group and wondered if Carnival would have any problems with the 11 year old being in with the 12-14 age group? How would Carnival know??

They have a roster of all the kids on board with their ages (they took down the ages when the cruise was booked). From what I've read, Camp Carnival is fairly strict about the ages; a lot depends on how crowded the cruise is. Some folks have had better luck having the older one go with the younger ones.

Archived