Whats to do in OSJ before boarding AOS at 10:00pm??

Boatingmom

You can get on the ship from noonish on..............I believe your ship is docked in OSJ itself.....(as opposed to the Pan American dock across the bay).....

The kids may make it difficult but walking the old streets of san juan is great. There is also a tourist trolley/bus that takes you around OSJ. The charge is minimum, but I do not remember how much. There is a nice beach about a five minute taxi drive away that is mentioned in another thread here in this San juan section.

beach thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=58712

Hi there,

how old are your children? You might want to pack a carry on with bathing suits (or put them on under your clothes) and lots of sunscreen. It's gonna be hot hot hot in the sun . I don't believe we can board the ship (AOS) unitl 4:00PM . but I would check with RCL to see if you can get your bags checked in early (doesn't hurt to ask!)

I'm sorry to say, but That's gonna be a long day for you.

The AOS does indeed use the Pan American pier. It's not walking distance from Old San Juan but definitely worth a few $$ cab ride. Lot's of neat shops and restaurants. You can also visit El Morro (the large fort that guards the harbor).

We usually take some time to stock up on supplies (pop, beer, snacks) at the pier terminal store. It's the only port that you can purchase beverages and carry them onto the ship for personal consumption. If you buy drinks at other stops they will be held for you until the end of the cruise.

I also endorse bringing swimsuits in your carry on. Lots of passengers make use of the pools the first day.

I don't see it as a long day - in fact we are planning on being at the pier (Pan AM - as stated above) at 10 am (you can usually board by 11!) , boarding, and spending the day familiarizing ourselves with the ship!!! We'll have swimsuits in our tote bags - so I plan to have a great 1st day before we even leave the dock.

Archived