Liberty review April 22nd - 28th!!!

kyle2227

We arrived around 10:30 am in FLL airport. Carnival said for $10 a person each way they would take us to the port in a bus. We waited 2 hours and there was still no bus. Finally it came and we got on our way to the port. When we got there check in was a breeze. We got through security in no time. We got on the ship around 1:30 or so in the afternoon. We then checked our sail and sign cards to see what our dinner seating was, only to find out that they had given us the early seating. We had requested the late seating as we all very much know how much of a nightmare(rush) early seating can be having to rush back from ports of call to make dinner. Well it was bad news for us. They said there was a huge private party on the ship and they could not change our seating time to the late seating. We then headed to our room which was a very nice wrap around balcony, room 7445. After we checked out our room we want and had our first drink, the awesome fun ship special. We headed to lunch at Emile's which was excellent. We then checked out the pool and enjoyed the rest of our day. Dinner was excellent. After dinner we were sooo tired that we decided to skip the opening night show and head right to bed. The next day was Freeport, Bahamas. It was not a very exciting port but I got to go scuba diving which was the most amazing thing I have ever done!!!! Soooo cool!!! Freeport itself was boring so I headed back to the ship. That night was formal night. My dad and I want to the captains party and ended up meeting two lovely lady's from Canada. I found out that one of them is a member the cruise critic forums. We went to dinner. Do not get the lobster! I told my dad I had heard bad things about it from this forum but he got it any way and sure enough it was chewy and he hated it. We then went back for the second captains party for more free drinks. My dad went to the shows every night wile I opted to catch the movies on the big screen, popcorn in one hand and a Miami Vice in the other. One of the things I forgot to mention was that you got split up into teams which were the red, white, and blue teams. Throughout the course of the cruise they had competitions and each team collected points to see who would have the most points by the end of the cruise. The next day was a fun day at sea. We relaxed by the pool most of the day and had a few tropical drinks. The miami vice's were great. I drank them on a near daily basis. I opted for the movie again this night and every night wile my dad went to the shows. I slept in the balcony this night. I ended up loving it so much I slept there every night! It was awesome being able to watch the stars until I fell asleep every night. The next day we were at Cayman. It was one huge party! Senour Frogs was hopping and then we headed over to Margaritaville to continue the party and it was awesome. But be warned very, very, very, expensive. $13 for a margarita! The water slide on the second floor was cool I slid down it one time before I had another drink. We got back on ship and I was pretty buzzed so I went for some food to help sober up. Lunch always messed us up because we would eat and then only like 2 hours later we would have to go for dinner and we would be full. Don't ever get the early seating it sucks having to rush back from the ports of call to make dinner and then half the time you can't each much lunch because you will be too full to eat much dinner. We ate dinner at Harry's that night and it was amazing! The steaks were awesome and the wine list was very intriguing. I recommend you all eat there at some point. One night we had skipped dinner and went to Emilie's later on because we had just eaten lunch a few hours earlier and were too stuffed to go to our 5:45 seating. My dad did the show again wile I did the movie. I watched the piano man preform a few times he was amazing. There were a ton of nice bars and shows. Something on the ship for everyone! There was a Sushi bar, a fish and chips bar, a 24 hour pizzeria where you could get the best pizza with all your favorite toppings and so much more. The next day was Costa Maya. This timing of this port really messed me up as I will explain in a second. I Scuba Dived again because I loved it so much the first time. Then I went swimming in the free Costa Maya pool where probably half the ship was. There were many bars around the port area and every one was getting soooo drunk. I saw two girls getting carried back to the ship because they were so drunk. I was drinking those tall and skinny plastic yards(I think they are called yards) full of tropical goodness. I was almost done my second yard when I checked the time. Crap! Formal dinner is in 20 minutes! I ran like an idiot back to the ship lol to make dinner(If it had not been a formal night I would have stayed on the port). I got there with 5 minutes to spare. I wish I would have just stayed in the port and continued to party because half the ship was missing from dinner. This is why the early seating sucks. Always having to rush back and never fully being able to enjoy the ports and lunch on the ship. There was always stuff to do on the ship. At night there were shows, movies, and so much more. At the art auctions they would give you free champagne. The next day was a fun day at sea. Tons of cool activities going on. Then the last day we did the everglades tour and now here I am, Sitting in the FLL airport waiting for my flight. All and all a cool trip. However, my next cruise will be a 7 day as they are so much better. Carnival is a great value for what you pay but I think I will try another cruise line next maybe Royal Caribbean, as there is so much more to do. But I loved Carnival and would go again. By the way if your the lady I met at the captains party and your reading this, I would love to know if you had a great a time as we did. On a side note. I have been browsing these forums for a few years now. But I did just that browsed and did not join to be able to post. Fianally decided it was time to join in March and start posting and I am glad I did. Great site and community! Thanks Carnival for a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are on the ship in 2 weeks! We can hardly wait. I have to agree with you on early seating. Rushing back from ports is bad, but I think the lunch situation is worse. We always eat too much on a cruise, but at least I like to be a little hungry before dinner. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

Dawn

Thanks for the Reviews. I was looking to see when formal night was-- was your second formal night Optional? (especially since it was a late port day)

(did you have the 5:45 seating in the aft dining room?- did it shudder/vibrate a lot?)

was the popcorn still a buck or is it free now?

I prefer the 6:15 time. The other is way to early.. if you have to take the early seating the best he could have done for you was make it the 6:15 time./ Our 6 day liberty cruise the latest we must be back on the ship is 4:30 coz we sail at 5pm -- so a 6:15 dining time is managable for us.

We tried late once...and its just way too late for us. Trying to sleep after getting done eating at 10pm was too much on my stomach.

serene(did you have the 5:45 seating in the aft dining room?- did it shudder/vibrate a lot?)

The TAIL WAGS on the ship especially when pulling out of port.. by dessert we always found the dining room to empty pretty quick.. it does shudder/vibrate. When the ship is leaving it is even a bit worse.

Luckily meclizine makes this a non issue! ;)

We like the 6:15 dinner.. if I am out all day I am so tired. I like to get dinner out of the way.. then go for a walk stop into the piano bar.. then catch the show. Then another bit of a walk or a movie on deck.. a bit of ice cream and then off to bed... Counting the days!

This is my second time on the Liberty and I have been on the Valor.. love this class of ship..

Its my second time on Liberty also. I knew the dining room shuddered and vibrated.. why it does and the cabins above done is beyond me. (we had a cabin on deck 7 last time but took an ocean view cabin on the main deck aft because of its size for the next time-- besides the balcony was almsot 300pp more.

Hi I would like to know how the everglades thing is also as we are thinking of doing it in Oct while waiting for our flight home, Where do you keep you luggage and carry on's while on this excution??? Is it fun??? Safe?? worth the money??? Well our luggage be safe??? Thanks

The everglades tour was awesome! You got to see some new gators! We had the 5:45 seating. The popcorn is still $1 sigh. And yes the seas were very rough at times. Sorry if it sounded like one long sentence lol. Overall we had an awesome time. I guess the 2nd formal night was optional but I'm not sure. Hope the information helps. By the way during the everglades tour they keep your luggage on the bus its very safe.

Archived