Thumbs up for new Majesty!

Ok, folks, here's my brief thumbs-up-and-down for our Majesty 4-day cruise that ended yesterday (sob!) I tried to think of things people have asked questions about. I promise to answer any questions I can, since everyone here gave such good advice to me!:)

Our room: THUMBS UP! SOV on deck 9. A great improvement on the inside we had on our last Sovereign-class ship. Probably worth the little extra $ for 30+ more square feet. Bedding was very comfy, no dip in the middle. Flat-screen TV on the credenza across from the foot of the bed.

Dining: THUMBS UP! (**with one exception). Sorrento's was great and hot. Pretty long hours: all afternoon and after dinner time. Deli had limited hours and was just so-so. Everything's pre-made, so our sandwiches were somewhat stale at 4 p.m. (so hungry we ate them anyway). Windjammer looked great and was never too crowded except the last morning, of course. Dining room food was good and plentiful.

Johnny Rockets: THUMBS UP! I separate this out only to give a more detailed take. We went on formal night because we did an excursion that got us back wet at 5:30 and we didn't want to rush. We went about 6:30 and there were only about 6 other people there! Great night to go. Our waiter was psychic and kept bringing my husband exactly what he wanted without him even asking! Milkshakes were a little thin but everything else was delicious.

Weather: THUMBS UP! Now I know RCI doesn't control the weather, but it was beautiful all week: warm, but not humid, with a little breeze. At the C&A party the captain said it was the best day they'd had at Coco Cay in weeks.

On/off the ship: THUMBS UP! Easy at embarkation, each port, immigration and customs. Maybe we just went at all the right times?

Crown & Anchor: THUMBS UP! The coupon book, FYI, had a loose Johnny Rockets coupon added into it. The Ben&Jerry's coupon for 25% off was honored at the Freeze ice cream place. The C&A party was a lot of fun.

Well, that's what I could think of so far. A review will come if/when I get my cruise-addled brain back on (and all that laundry done:eek: )

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Archived