Non-Formal Night

Metalleg

It's New Hampshire, sense you brought it up. You really should quit while your ahead.

[sic]

I KNOW that the New Hampshire logo is "Live Free or Die". As you can clearly see if you read CAREFULLY. ...

I said that the logo "Live CLOTHES Free or Die." was that of Vermont.

Haven't you ever been to Vermont. Do you ever see what goes on there in July and August?

I'm correct in what I said.

BnB

So there.

Haven't you ever been to Vermont. Do you ever see what goes on there in July and August?

What goes on in July and August?? I wanna go there!! I'm sure I'm not far away since this is such a small state. Please tell! Please! :eek:

I have to disagree with you on this point. A skirt/blouse would be no different than a dress. It comes in two pieces instead of one. Skirts can be as formal as a dress. Look at the dresses in bridal catalogs and Prom magazines.

If your point is that a skirt "is not" a dress, you're right. If you're saying that it wouldn't fulfill that requirement, I disagree.

This was only a comment to addres a point.

You have now taken it out of context.

Slacks are not bluejeans......

A dress is a dress....

"One" piece...not "two".....;)

Just like sneakers are not shoes....but they are both worn on your feet...

You have tried me and found me guilty. You have not offered any evidence to show my guilt and you will not allow me to defend myself. All I can assume is that you have totally missed the British sense of humour and have accidentally missed the point of my posts. Is it any wonder that your countrymen have a poor reputation when it comes to justice?

You seem to be quite an expert at assumptions. For instance, you assume that you know who my countrymen are. The same lady on the front of your money is on the front of mine. When I go to a paint store I pick out a colour, just like you. I might criticise the shopkeeper for giving me the incorrect change, just like you. And might decide to pay for my paint with a cheque, just like you. My comprehension of the supposedly incomprehensible British wit which you Brits seem to hide behind when called to task is quite good, thank you. I grew up watching the same Benny Hill, Monty Python, Black Adder and that you did. I studied the same Shaw and Shakespeare in school that you did. Douglas Adams was my favorite author as a teen - and wit doesn't come much more British than that.

I will grant you that you were not the ringleader in this little re-staging of the British Invasion. However, you found your way to this thread via a Cunard thread which included these quotes:

"Should Malcolm and I go and educate them?"

"Now that could be some of the best reading on these boards....go for it.." ...that could become one of the most inflammatory threads on here!"

"Shame on you for wandering over "There" I asked one poster who said they wore a silk "t" , silk pants and a jacket plus loafers without socks for formal evenings on board what their husband wore and got yelled at for being so very rude. Seems we need to learn how to just let everyone be as borish as they wish and then the world will be at peace."

"They've started another thread. About non-formal. I have managed to get the first reply in!"

And here were your contributions to the thread:

"I can't imagine what it would be like on a cruise where the majority thought jeans and a T shirt were fine on a formal night What on earth would they wear for casual?"

"...the idea that formal could mean anything other than black tie or higher. Nobody could be that daft. (Could they?)"

You were hardly sticking up for us Carnival folk, the targets of their derision, were you?

You claim that I have tried you and found you guilty. You claim that I started the name calling. I am a Carnival patron. In its own literature Carnival states that they consider formal wear to be "tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks". I have worn a dark suit and a brightly coloured tie to the dining room on formal evenings, as per the dress code. Ergo, according to you, I am daft. Unless you are now going to tell me that "daft" is a quaint British term of endearment, you appear to be guilty as charged.

You are the only person who has insulted the majority of posters on this board - you are the one who has just called them commoners and slum dwellers.

It seems that it's you who lacks an understanding of the North American sense of humour. Or do they not have ironic hyperbole where you come from?

Let's face facts. You are British. You post almost exclusively in the Cunard forum. The chances of you ever patronizing Carnival Cruise Lines are infinitesimal at best. So, what are you doing here? As my momma would say, you're here to "stir the pot" - just like your rude compatriots from the Cunard forum. You came to do the digital equivalent of pointing and snickering, and you did it with the petty delight of a schoolboy picking on those who you perceive as weak. Don't insult my intelligence with your feigned innocence. You and I both know better.

Go away. You're not welcome here. We seem to be able to generate enough bickering about tuxedos and blue jeans on our own without needing extra help from you "Cunarders".

Are jeans (long) allaowed in the dining room on nights other than the formal night, or do you need slacks like a kaki's??

Thanks in Advance

Troy

I am so glad to see that some folks think ignoring the "OP's" post (and Community Guidelines) is the thing to do. It must be "Fun" to hijack a thread like has been done.....

You might want to take a look at an "Attire" thread on some other line here on the boards and notice the comment from ..."Laura S"

You know the one..the one where it was mentioned to come over and play on this one.......

Cheers

You seem to be quite an expert at assumptions.

My apologies - I had assumed that, as Carnival is mostly sold in the US, that was where you lived. I apologise unreservedly for making a wrong assumption. I think that my comments about North American justice still stand though.

I will grant you that you were not the ringleader in this little re-staging of the British Invasion.

Thank you - I hate to be led by the ring:D

However, you found your way to this thread via a Cunard thread which included these quotes:

As you say - none of them are mine.

And here were your contributions to the thread:

"I can't imagine what it would be like on a cruise where the majority thought jeans and a T shirt were fine on a formal night What on earth would they wear for casual?"

Well I can't. Why do you think I go on Cunard and not Carnival?

"...the idea that formal could mean anything other than black tie or higher. Nobody could be that daft. (Could they?)"

If you quote me out of context them I am calling everybody who goes on a non-Cunard ship "daft". However if you put it in the context of my other posts on the Cunard board I am saying that anyone who doesn't abide by the dress code of that ship is "daft". If I were to try a Carnival ship I would abide by their dress code (well, more or less;) ) whatever that might be - I don't think that I would be wrong to expect my fellow passengers to also abide by that code.

You were hardly sticking up for us Carnival folk

I didn't realise that I had to. I didn't realise that you weren't capable of doing it for yourself.

You claim that I have tried you and found you guilty. You claim that I started the name calling. I am a Carnival patron. In its own literature Carnival states that they consider formal wear to be "tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks". I have worn a dark suit and a brightly coloured tie to the dining room on formal evenings, as per the dress code. Ergo, according to you, I am daft. Unless you are now going to tell me that "daft" is a quaint British term of endearment, you appear to be guilty as charged.

You did pronounce my guilt. "Don't bother coming back here asking for explanations" shows that you had decided that I was wrong and would not allow me any defence.

You did start the name calling "Your callous attitude of entitlement and superiority is both infantile and ignorant."

See my previous comment regarding following the dress code. "Daft" would be going to a formal dinner in shorts and flip-flops - something that we have been encouraging fellow travellers to do on a forthcoming QM2 cruise:D (Although that whole thread has a heavy reliance on the humour you lack it does cover many hints and tips to help fellow passengers get the most from their cruise).

You post almost exclusively in the Cunard forum. The chances of you ever patronizing Carnival Cruise Lines are infinitesimal at best. So, what are you doing here?

Looking for fun. Looking for a bit of stimulating communication. Looking for a break from the Cunard board.

Don't insult my intelligence with your feigned innocence. You and I both know better.

I'm guilty again without any trial

Go away. You're not welcome here.

However unfriendly the Cunard board may be I have never seen anyone told to go away because they're not welcome. I have seen some of you fellow posters asking about Cunard and getting very civil replies. I am going to go away, not because you tell me to, but because I cannot see any circumstance where such an unfriendly cruise line could be of any interest in my holiday plans.

(I forgot to add that you and any of your fellow cruisers are more that welcome on the Cunard board at any time - where you will not get the same reception that we have got here)

My apologies - I had assumed that, as Carnival is mostly sold in the US, that was where you lived. I apologise unreservedly for making a wrong assumption. I think that my comments about North American justice still stand though.

Thank you - I hate to be led by the ring:D

As you say - none of them are mine.

Well I can't. Why do you think I go on Cunard and not Carnival?

If you quote me out of context them I am calling everybody who goes on a non-Cunard ship "daft". However if you put it in the context of my other posts on the Cunard board I am saying that anyone who doesn't abide by the dress code of that ship is "daft". If I were to try a Carnival ship I would abide by their dress code (well, more or less;) ) whatever that might be - I don't think that I would be wrong to expect my fellow passengers to also abide by that code.

I didn't realise that I had to. I didn't realise that you weren't capable of doing it for yourself.

You did pronounce my guilt. "Don't bother coming back here asking for explanations" shows that you had decided that I was wrong and would not allow me any defence.

You did start the name calling "Your callous attitude of entitlement and superiority is both infantile and ignorant."

See my previous comment regarding following the dress code. "Daft" would be going to a formal dinner in shorts and flip-flops - something that we have been encouraging fellow travellers to do on a forthcoming QM2 cruise:D (Although that whole thread has a heavy reliance on the humour you lack it does cover many hints and tips to help fellow passengers get the most from their cruise).

Looking for fun. Looking for a bit of stimulating communication. Looking for a break from the Cunard board.

I'm guilty again without any trial

However unfriendly the Cunard board may be I have never seen anyone told to go away because they're not welcome. I have seen some of you fellow posters asking about Cunard and getting very civil replies. I am going to go away, not because you tell me to, but because I cannot see any circumstance where such an unfriendly cruise line could be of any interest in my holiday plans.

(I forgot to add that you and any of your fellow cruisers are more that welcome on the Cunard board at any time - where you will not get the same reception that we have got here)

Im coming with you Malcolm ! :D

Archived