Packing Jewelry

drmbldr

I have one of those padded gadgets you put jewelry in the separate pockets and roll it up. BE SURE to put it in your carry-on! There will be a safe in your cabin for whatever you're not wearing at the time. Is that what you're asking?

Beachbum - That is the best idea ever! I usually only bring the necklace I am wearing b/c I am sick of ruining them even in those things you roll up as Cotton mentioned. Now I can still use that, but use the straw as well and bring more jewlery. I was beginning to think my neck would have to be bare on formal nights (gasp!), but problem solved! :)

Thanks!

I like to bring several pieces of jewelry and have found the best item to carry them in is a small fishing box, flat with divided sections, and see thru. My favorite is a double sided one- with a lid that opens on both sides. This way my jewelry is organized, it is compact enough to fit in my carry on, I don't have to worry about it getting crushed, and when they xray it, they can easily see it is jewelry. They are also see thru containers. Bead organizer boxes work well also. They will fit in the safes as well. You can find them in the sporting good section of the store, ie Walmart or the craft dept. or craft store. Good luck!

Always put it in your carry on and NEVER let anyone take it out of your hands. some porters at the hotels will try to relieve you of all your bags to deliver to room, dont let them. they know whats in them and you may get ripped off. it happens alot. we go down a day early and the bell man always tries to get ALL our bags to deliver, no way do I let them have ANY of our carry ons ever. cameras, perscription drugs, jewelry, etc.........mysteriously dissapears between the lobby and your room.

Archived