A-Z Jamaica Planners are TERRIFIC!

Farmladybasset

:) We just got back from a seven day cruise on Caribbean Princess. When we stopped in Jamaica we took a day tour with A-Z Jamaica Planners. Although they have many tours to choose from, we chose the trip to YS Falls followed by river tubing. Georgeen our guide and Dock our driver (who is an expert ---you have to be to drive in Jamaica---when you get there you will see what I mean) took us on an 1 1/2 to 2 hour narrated tour into the mountains of Jamaica. We got a close look at the island and its people. Georgeen was sweet and very informative. We chose this long trip so we could see Jamaica not just the beaches. YS Falls was beautiful...not at all crowded like Dunn Falls. Several of our group enjoyed swimming in the pools of water at various levels of the falls and swinging on the long rope into a deep falls pool. It was beautiful and cool there. The spring-fed swimming pool was so relaxing. We also enjoyed the wagon ride from the entrance to the falls itself. Then we did the river tubing.....which was AMAZING!!!!! FUN and refreshing! On the way back to MOBAY we stopped at a roadside jerk stand and got DELICIOUS chicken and pork jerk...we prefered the chicken....although both were delicious!!! Back in MOBAY we went to Margauritaville for drinks, swimming...(although we could have chosen an alternative shopping stop) then back to the dock for quick shopping. It was a full, fun day!! We recommend A-Z!!!

It cost $50. per adult....all admissions paid. We paid for our own lunch....It only cost $7.00 for two people...jerk, bread and drink. If you want to try authentic jerk, tell them you want to stop for lunch on the way back from the falls at the roadside stand that was along the mountain road (instead of eating at the falls snack bar). Our driver Dock and Georgeen recommended it when the snack bar at the falls was out of jerk. The roadside stand had both jerk pork and chicken. We tried both but we all preferred the chicken. It was yummy! I'm sorry but I don't know the price of kids tours. Look under [url="http://www.a-zjamaicaplanners.com"]www.a-zjamaicaplanners.com[/url] and maybe it will quote prices. If not, email them and they'll quickly reply.
I sailed last week July 31-August 7 on Caribbean Princess.

Archived