Formal Nights on Cook Islands Itinerary?

joyride

I think I read this somewhere a while ago, but now I can't find it. Which nights are formal on the 10 day RT from Papeete to Cook Islands - I'm thinking it's the first at sea night and then the 2 night sailing away from Bora Bora.

Is this correct?

This is the 3rd reply I've written to you--it all boils down to I don't know--it probably isn't Bora Bora or Raitaia overnights--We'll probably do the Ultimate dinner fior one of them and a speciality restaurant for the other one--Sterling and Sabatinis trade off--every other night--same waiters for both--they use the same kitchen'

I'll try to remember and tell you when they are--last year our trip was so messed up I really don't know--we had 4 sea days in a row--probably had one then--We missed Roratonga--too rough--Raitaia--too rough--went to Bora Bora a day eary--messed up a lot of excursions--then turned around and went back to Raitaia--I will say that they tried very hard to have some excursions for those who wanted some--everybody was trying to get in at Bloody Mary's for dinner--we couldn't get reservations--we found a restaurant down the street from Bloody Mary's--really good--can't remember the name--It's really funny when I was first on Bora Bora a place called Bloody Mary's just opened--well now it's a stop on Tour Buses. I want to think that the guys that opened it were from Huntington Beach--don't know why I think that--When you go to Bloody Marys--the bar to your right was the whole restaurant way back when.

None of this tells you about Formal Nights--are you renewing your vows on the TP??? Seems like a great idea

Nancy:D

Yep. I bought the Vow Renewal Package today.

Our second night in Bora Bora is our 25th anniversary, and also a formal night (I think). I plan to do the Ultimate Balcony dinner that night so we don't have to dress up and we can have a romantic dinner while sailing away from Bora Bora.

I guess that Princess will contact us on the ship to let us know which day will be the vow renewal. I'm sure they do it on a sea day. We only have about 5 couples in our CC group, so I may invite them to join us to celebrate. It should be fun!

I've been on the computer--John's doing something at the desk--we have just decided not to take Formal Wear on this trip--John is thrilled--also--since our things would be spending nearly a week packed--seems like an effort--I can't believe that I'm this lazy--apparently the answer is yes.

We're taking an Alaskan cruise sometime in the middle of June--I've never been excitied about cruising there--but we are--I've been there--but not on a cruise.--June will probably be cold--oh--well one more thing to deal with--did you check to see if the TP has the Ultimate Dinner??--I'm assuming that they do.

You'll be amazed at all the balloons at the doors--looks like a kids birthday party--think they are already there when you board--not sure about that.--They weren't really all that interested in John's birthday--but they finally did it after my third request--My birthday will be on our overnight at Bora Bora--Want to bet I won't get Birthday balloons???

Here's a link to my website about the Tahitian Princess: Cruise. It has copies of daily newsletters and menus. They're from awhile ago, but I understand things don't really change much between cruises.

You can read through the Patters to see what's planned for each day.

Candydane - thanks for the link. I will check your patters out!

Seal - Good choice to forgo the formal nights on the TP. I'm sort of thinking the same thing. We will probably book the alternative restaurant for the first one and do a balcony dinner for the second one - which is our anniversary.

I really don't mind dressing up, but the thought of Rod having to put on the TUX or suit in that heat - I feel for him. He really doesn't like the heat much, that's why we are going in August. It's supposed to be dryer and not as hot.

Joyride

I always figured that we would attend only one formal night--now with the possibility of leaving suitcases across the street from Faa Airport--I thought let's just do everything real casual--of course that thrilled John--He would do all of them if he thought I really wanted to.

We don't know yet whether we can only take 10k to Bora Bora or maybe 20--20 is not bad because thats 44 pounds--hair stuff--snorkel stuff all weighs a bit--clothes not too bad--There is just something about leaving my luggage when everyone know you are not getting back for 4 or 5 days--Well-I don't have to like it--if that's the way it is--then that's the way it is

A friend of mine had the same suitcase situation last year--the plan was not full and they let everyone take whatever they had--You can hope--but you can't plan for that

10 kilo would be a killer

We're awaiting an email from Air Tahiti--The way it reads it should be 20 kilos--that's ok

Woo Hoo seal! Here's your packing list:

2 swimsuits

2 shorts

2 tops

underware

flip flops

1 or 2 capris for you & pants for John

4 tops or shirts each (for dinner)

sandles

snorkel gear

tolitries

That should do it!

This will be so light, you should be able to bring a couple of bubble wrapped bottles of nice California wine - or maybe a blender!!! :):):):)

Archived