Single cruisers question

My brother is going on a cruise with us and has booked a cabin with him and his friend, they have not payed final payment but his friend has backed out, my DB is still going and would like to know.....being a single cruiser, will he have to pay the full 2 person fare or does he get any kind of discount at all?

If you has to pay 2 fares, he will but like any other person, would prefer not to.

Also, if he is going single and after final payment, finds someone to go with him, can he pay the extra $50 to add a name onto the cabin?

Usually Carnival does not charge singles 2 port charges/taxes. They will only pay one set. They're also usually pretty good about single supplements. If he's not picky try a 1A category, less of a supplement. Usually if you're adding a person they won't charge the change fee cause they're getting more money out of you. Only caveat is if the ship is selling and they want your cabin they may say they will cancel your cabin with penalties and you have to rebook at that day's prices. I usually only see this if it's a triple/quad cabin though. Bottom line is he probably will not have to pay double. If I'm correct you're on the Liberty on 7/15, right? Single 4A is $1509, 6A is $1709, 8A is $2009. Those are Carnivals prices. Compare them to what he is paying. I didn't see any 1A's available.

carnival charges 150% for single cruiser most of the time some times less i usally get a 1a cat state room the cheapest room on the ship and they sleep two people very well and some of them have port holes and large windows .if he switches to this room his freind should get all his money back and if your brother waits to the last minut to pay in hopes of getting some one to go with him he want have to pay the single suplament

1A $1424, 4C $2059

wow-- what a difference in price.

whats the third person rate== cant ya suck it up and let him room in with you?

what would happen if he kept the 2nd person-- paid it in full then canceled before 10 days of the cruise-- would he still have to pay single supplement?

It would be way cheaper to do that-- and would only costs 250 more then what he is paying today

My brother is going on a cruise with us and has booked a cabin with him and his friend, they have not payed final payment but his friend has backed out, my DB is still going and would like to know.....being a single cruiser, will he have to pay the full 2 person fare or does he get any kind of discount at all?

If you has to pay 2 fares, he will but like any other person, would prefer not to.

Also, if he is going single and after final payment, finds someone to go with him, can he pay the extra $50 to add a name onto the cabin?

You have several different answers here and mine would be different yet. Check with Carnival or your TA for the exact scoop. I paid double minus 2nd taxes and port charges 12-06 for a balcony. Worth every penny!!!!!!!

I paid double minus 2nd taxes and port charges 12-06 for a balcony. Worth every penny!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with my TA, told him the situation, TA called Carinival & asked what we could do..... he is going to give my DB the 4D cabin for $1800, if he finds someone to cruise with him, he can add them on for the tax & port fees only , he said he would not have to pay the extra $50 to add a name to the cabin.

Also found out, there is a wait list for 2 of the cabins we have booked, including the 4D, Final payments tomorrow and we will NOT be backing out, the person who has a wait on our cabins is a Cruise Critic:eek:

Also found out, there is a wait list for 2 of the cabins we have booked, including the 4D, Final payments tomorrow and we will NOT be backing out, the person who has a wait on our cabins is a Cruise Critic:eek:

how do youknow that the person waiting for that cabin is a cruise critic member??

the only problem with him booking a 4D is if the cabin holds more then 2 people-- he could be moved.

Again, if they can get a 1a it would be the best! - Thats what I have done.

The only time you have to add the $50.00 is to change after the documents have been printed.

Scott

He went ahead and took the 4F because we have 4 cabins booked in a row and he wanted to be with the rest of us.

If he finds someone to go with him, than great, he can just add their name to the cabin.

how do youknow that the person waiting for that cabin is a cruise critic member??

the only problem with him booking a 4D is if the cabin holds more then 2 people-- he could be moved.

The cabin is a double only ,we made sure before we switched his name to it.

I know this person is a CC because i was reading a thread yesterday and this person says they have 2 cabins booked on our cruise and writes the cabin numbers:eek: I'm thinking Carnival double booked our cabins but at the end of his post, he says, Well we don't actually have them yet, we are on a wait list for them incase they don't pay final payment (due tomorrow) I called TA just to make sure nothing has gone wrong, he Calls Carnival to confirm, Carnival say, yes these cabins are on a wait list but have not been double booked.

Archived