Things to Bring

mkfan87

E-Bay and LOVE IT! I packed it yesterday with all the little extras I'm taking in October! The four clear, zippered pouches are velcroed in, and I used all 4 for different categories of Stuff. 1 - medical supplies 2 - post its, pen, highlighter, over-door-hook, etc... 3 - "cleaning" supplies i.e., Bounce wipes, Purell, soap, polish remover, toothpaste, etc... 4 - Saved for my Makeup!:)

(Of course, I heard about the M/K roll up on these Boards!!!:rolleyes: )

Also, the cable ties to use as locks on luggage, Oust plug-in deodorizer, my own pillow, alcohol wipes to kill germs on doors and phones, rubber bands for whatever, small flat pak of Duct tape!

Great thread! Keep em coming!

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

We leave in a month and I'm sitting down tonight to start my list of miscellanous "stuff" to get ready for packing. (please don't laugh at me! I know it's early! it makes is seem like our cruise is sooner if I go ahead and start packing!)

anyone else have that one thing they pack that you don't think you could cruise without?

thanks for the help!

last cruise i packed nearly everything that was suggested. my DH thought I was insane. (well, maybe he's right!) anyways, the best suggestion was a bungee if you have a balcony. it holds open the door for those great ocean breezes. didn't use the insulated cups, the cups on board were good enough. didn't use the highlighter, clock, post-its, or power cord (and we had batteries and e-book and hair blower). so, this cruise, i am taking clothes, money, my bungee and a couple of bottles of water and my smile. less to tote. by the way, i use bright red duct tape on my luggage so i can spot it quickly.

If you're a digital photo-taker, bring a laptop. I debated whether to buy extra expensive memory cards (we take a lot of pictures), and elected finally instead to just bring my laptop to upload photos along the way. On our upcoming cruise, we'll be travelling with family from other parts of the country, so we can share photos and burn cds of them before disembarking.

I think it's only a matter of time before the cruiselines adopt digital processing centers to replace the traditional film photo shop.

Drew

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's only a matter of time before the cruiselines adopt digital processing centers to replace the traditional film photo shop.

Drew

There is a film photo shop on board!? Do you know how much it costs to process & print a roll? Do they process 120 as well as 35mm? I thought I'd have to wait until I got home to see our in port photographs:)

Archived