The dress codes??

CT New Cruiser

Sorry all to ask a very basic one - have tried to put this to rest in my head by checking out Fashion & Beauty area, but a lot of people over there are our American cousins or off to the Caribbean, both of which seem to make people a bit more in favour of dressing down (sometimes). I know P&O offer guidelines on the dress codes but they are pretty vague (ie "evening outfit"). I am up for a bit of dressing up while I have the chance, so if I go for:

Formal: Long dresses (v dressy: one beaded, one strapless, one velvet). Hubby in a tux.

Informal: Nice dresses, sort of things I've worn to weddings. Also the little black dress. Hubby in a suit

Smart/Casual: Trousers/skirts/nice tops. Hubby in trousers & shirt.

Would that be OK or a bit over the top in the case of formal/informal? Interested to know how dressed up people get on P&O.

Plus - how warm are the dining rooms?

Cheers,

CT

Sorry all to ask a very basic one - have tried to put this to rest in my head by checking out Fashion & Beauty area, but a lot of people over there are our American cousins or off to the Caribbean, both of which seem to make people a bit more in favour of dressing down (sometimes). I know P&O offer guidelines on the dress codes but they are pretty vague (ie "evening outfit"). I am up for a bit of dressing up while I have the chance, so if I go for:

Formal: Long dresses (v dressy: one beaded, one strapless, one velvet). Hubby in a tux.

Informal: Nice dresses, sort of things I've worn to weddings. Also the little black dress. Hubby in a suit

Would that be OK or a bit over the top in the case of formal/informal? Interested to know how dressed up people get on P&O.

Cheers,

CT

Can't comment on the mens wear specifics but it seems about right - On Oceana in 2004 my brother wore a tux to each formal night, blazer & slacks to the informal, and went without the blazer on casual nights

The womens wear sounds fine to me.

If I have a lot of formal nights, I might wear the dressier cocktail dresses as formal with skirt and dressy tops coming in as informal - it depends on the mix. It can also depend on the luggage, as skirts and tops are more interchangeable (& one skirt can do several days).

Though the more cruises I go on, the more long dresses I seem to have, so there is a risk I will start to wear formal to informal:D

Karen

Cheers,

CT

Hi CT.

You have it spot on:).

Except for Caribbean cruises when there are no informal nights and there are only 10 casual and 4 formal.

In general the men try to dress down but the ladies tend to put on a show and many casual outfits I have seen would be acceptably on informal nights.

I think you should have few worries about dress code and you can fully enjoy your cruise.

Have a great time.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Thanks for the reassurance:)

Thought I was all sorted and then was given a velvet gown and thought I would check out Fashion & Beauty to see if it was a bit much, but people's opinions seem to vary quite a bit depending on the "feel" of each line.

Knew you would give me a clear answer over here!

Cheers:)

Jacket or blazer & tie is quite acceptable on informal nights.

If a little draughty:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Happy Cruising

:cool:

Dai

Archived