Ready to book again! Past guest number work for solo cruiser?

kyle2227

Hi all. Just got back from my first carnival cruise on the 28th. Was thinking about trying Royal Caribbean lines next but decided to stay with carnival. I don't have a past guest number quite yet as she said it takes a few weeks after your first cruise for it to show up in the system. I cruised on the 28th with my dad but the next one will be solo. The only room it looks like I can get without being charged for 2 people is the cheapest inside cabin, which is fine with me because I will just get one of those "secret cabins". The best rate I could find was the low 600's for one person for an inside cabin on a 7 night cruise. Or high 500's for 6 night cruises. Now the question I have is will the past guest discount work for solo cruisers? Soon as I get my past guest number I will book. One other unrelated question. Say a friend of mine had a lot of money, money he could easily waste and it would not affect him financially at all, and he wanted to get VIP status quick. Could he book and pay for ten cruises but not sail on them to get VIP status as long as he paid for them he would get credit?

As to your first question...YES, the past guest discount works for solo passengers (I got an upgrade from an 8A to an 8G cabin based on my past guest status).

As to your second question...I have no idea, but I really would like to meet your friend! :D

Sorry to say...Upgrades are not usually offered when booking a 1A & going solo. Only if you book Inside GTY & pay the higher price. :(

Why would your friend want Platinum staus if he's not even going to cruise? :confused: It's not that big of deal. He could get VIP boarding by booking a suite at anytime.

ok thanks for the info guys. Another question. Any thing wrong with cruising in January or early February other then it may be a little cold? It seems like its real cheap to cruise then.

Jan & Feb is a great time to cruise. Less kids & lower prices...unless you come back to a freak icestorm like I did this year. :eek: Flights were delayed before DFW was shutdown due to ice.

PG #, in the same sentence as "looking at a RCL" cruise..you do know it is only good on the issuing line?..even if it is owned by CCL..I book g'tee, solo and have gotton 2 up/gs sin 6 cruises, w/3 more bkd. Sometimes it is the luck of the draw. Solo fare is bteer on CCL than rest of the lines..for a 5day, I am chg about $40 to $50 Happy Cruzin..it is also only chgd on the cruise portion, not taxes and port charges...ie: $180 cruise, $119 port. $39 txs.total $338.and the based on double fare was $239or $269 plus txs. so not a bad deal for us solos....Lucky

Archived