Radiance Steam and Sauna

lmurf

Kabah,

Yes, I sure will. Relaxing and connecting in the steam and sauna is one of my favorite things to do on a cruise. Also, I like going to Vegas and doing the same in the spa area, especially at the Luxor. They also have the hot and cold tub areas, too. Wish they had those on the cruise ships as well.

Hey Lmurf,

I agree with you about the Luxor; EXCELLENT space there! But I checked-out the Mandalay Bay men's spa area last year and it blew-away the Luxor facilities.

Problem is I think you now have to be a registered guest of the hotel in order to visit the facilities; I don't think they're selling day-passes any longer.

Gosh....it'd be AMAZING if they had the same facilities on the cruise ships.

;)

Gigglewolf,

I've heard that Mandalay Bay spa was very excellent as well, but I haven't stayed there, yet. I'm going in June and will be staying at Excalibur. Do you know anything about their spa area; is it as "active" as the Luxor?

:D

You guys might want to be careful and move this "action" to the appropriate forum. Some members may get the hidden meanings in these posts and may become offended. Have a "safe" cruise.;)

Fury,

Not sure what you're talking about, but by active, we mean clean facilities, nice clientele, good conversation in the steam and sauna. The Luxor has active attendants picking up a dropped towel even.

:(

Hey there "Vacation Needed",

There are no thermal suites on the Rhapsody or other Vision-class ships.

To my knowledge, they only exist on the Radiance-class (Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade & Jewel), although I haven't sailed on the Freedom-class ships (yet ;o), so that statement is not 100% certain.

The Rhapsody & other ships DO HAVE steam & sauna facilities in each of the locker room facilities (one set for men, another set for women) and they are free of charge & clothing optional.

On the Radiance ships, there is a fee to use the thermal suites, but there are also steam & sauna facilities in the locker rooms of those ships (free of charge), as well.

Hi Lmurf,

The Mandalay Bay men's & women's spas are ACTIVELY maintained, but I believe that a new policy only grants guests of the hotel access to the facilities (a day pass cannot be purchased if your staying at the Excalibur, for example). I think the Luxor may have the same policy, but I'm doing research on that to find out what's really the case.

Hope everyone finds this information helpful.

:D

I was at Caesars in January. The new Qua Spa is wonderful and actively maintained as well. There were attendants to provide fresh towels, drinks and snacks.

In addition to the steam and sauna rooms, they also had an "ice room" which was dark, had stars in the ceiling, and snow flakes. The seats in this room were heated for comfiness. It was a REALLY cool spa!!

Hey Spurs Fan,

That Qua Spa at Caeser's sounds amazing.

Were the steam, sauna and "ice room" in the locker rooms or co-ed? Besides the stuff on the ceiling and the heated chairs in the ice room, what's it about? Dry-heat like a sauna or wet-heat like a steam room or just dark "isolation"-type room? Does one sit alone in this room or with others?

Sounds very interesting/relaxing...

The sauna and steam facilities, including the ice room, is not coed. There is room for probably 6 or 8 people in each room. There is both a dry and a steam sauna. There is also a non-coed pool and hot tub that I really didn't see until leaving the spa.

I have been in the spa for THEhotel at Madalay Bay and this place was at least as nice. As far as I could tell, there was no-coed facilites, except for a relaxation room once you and your signigifant other had massages. Just a nice place to relax and enjoy the quiet. There were several lounge type chairs that would hold two people in this room.

Looking forward to some time away from the family (not that kids are a bad thing) on the Mariner in July. Quiet and relaxation, ahhhhhh!

Fury,

Not sure what you're talking about, but by active, we mean clean facilities, nice clientele, good conversation in the steam and sauna. The Luxor has active attendants picking up a dropped towel even.

:(

My apologies. I guess I have an active imagination.... or maybe an active recollection...:rolleyes:

Hey SpursFan,

Thanks for the info on Qua Spa...sounds real nice.

Enjoy the quiet time & have a great time on your next cruise.

Hey Fury,

No worries...your "heads-up" was understood....as they say, "It's all good!"

;)

Bon voyage to EVERYBODY (my next one is only 35 days away, LOL)!

I've now been in the steam/sauna on Serenade and Grandeur. Both were excellent. And, in July, I'll be on Radiance. My first cruise was on Sovereign. Does anyone know if Sovereign has a comparable steam/sauna?

Bad news....I BELIEVE they removed the steam/sauna facilities during the Soeverign's renovation a couple years back and didn't replace them.

If anything is still left, it might be a sauna.

You might want to put a general post on the RCI section and see if anyone can clarify for you.

Bon voyage,

"Giggle"

Thanks, Giggle, when I was on the Sovereign in 2002, I didn't know the various joys of the steam and sauna, so I didn't even look for one. For future cruises, I'll make sure I check the amenities before I book any cruise to make sure that a steam and sauna are a part of the deal. :D