W/C accessible tour of Los Angeles

sueart46

Our cruise ends in LA and our flight home isn't until 10:00 PM so we are looking for a tour (other than the one through the cruise line). Does anyone know of a company which can accommodate us? We are hoping to leave our bags at the airport and be picked up and dropped off there for our tour. Thanks.

Which cruise line? I assume you mean San Pedro and not Long Beach.

What do you want to see? Do you have to have a fully accessible mode of transportation?

I don't know of any private companies with lift buses that go to the San Pedro port, other than those booked through the cruise line. Of course if the cruise line offers one, the company they use is REQUIRED under the ADA to also provide a wheelchair accessible tour to you for the same price. That may be the safest way to go.

You might also post on the West Coast departures forum to see if anyone can help you with specific companies.

Which cruise line? I assume you mean San Pedro and not Long Beach.

What do you want to see? Do you have to have a fully accessible mode of transportation?

It's Holland America and I have no idea which port. I'm not sure what I want to see but I must have a fully accessible mode of transportation. I don't want to use the cruise ship's tour because it ends too early. I also want to tour from and to the airport. Thanks.

HAL goes into San Pedro. Have you checked with your airline to see if you can check your bags that early? LAX has very strict security regulations and I am not sure you can check your bags more than a few hours before your flight.

Check with this company. Have not used them but found them with Google:

http://www.lacitytours.com/Layovers.asp

Archived