Accessibility in Saint John, BC?

SantanaTto

Traveling in June to Saint John with my mother who uses a cane and walks with a rollator. I am trying to find a sightseeing tour of the area for us that doesn't require any walking and can accomodate her rollator. Can anyone help that has been there before?

I know she would love the trolley tour but the excursion on the Carnival site says they can not accomodate wheelchairs and strollers, so I am assuming they can't accomodate a rollator either.

I really want this trip to be special for her (her first cruise at 76!) and I want her to see the sights. Any suggestions?

So sorry!!! i meant New Brunswick in Canada....!!

Google up the tourist info site for New Brunswick and call for a map. It's a small place and the one main street across from the Bay has some nice tea rooms and stores. She can see a lot of the Bay recede from some of the outside areas of the tea rooms and cafes and then go over to a pier to see the ocean floor when the time is right. The Best Western is a turn of the century captain's home and has a nice pub type atmosphere inside also. It's on the main drag too. Let's see, been awhile since I was there... There is an aquarium that she might need a taxi to get to but if this cruise includes grandkids it has a touch pool and some cool seals. Obviously not a golfer but St Andrew's is nearby and allows non-golfers, or did, to use the diningroom and take tea. $$$$$$

Oh, lobster is not always in season in Canada because they are trying to maintain their catch amounts. June should be ok. And unless she's really into salty, funky dried up seaweed skip trying "dulse" a local munchy. I think they also had a lot of yarn shops in Saint John. We were on our way to Black's Harbor to spend a week on Gran Manan so just spent an afternoon and night there.

Archived