July 4 Balls--Dress/Dinner

Msbelinda

This is the schedule I was given by Cunard:

July 1 - Casual
July 2 - Formal (Black & White)
July 3 - Informal
July 4 - Casual (Red White & Blue)

I hope that they were correct because this is the clothing that we are bringing.

[email]loranfa@aol.com[/email]

Actually, I have a sparkly jacket for Red, White and Blue night also - actually my jacket is black with foreworks in sequins - it sounds awful when I just wrote it but it is a fun jacket.

Last night I saw a flag vest and bowtie for my husband's tuxedo. I might buy the bowtie only - I don't want to spend $75 for a vest that he will wear once.

[email]loranfa@aol.com[/email]

We were told for the May 3rs cruise that we would have a Black and White Ball. This title was not published in the Daily Programme so there was some confusion with many dressing B&W for Commodore's Gala Cocktail Party and Dinner. But the actual ball was the next night. We opted to go to the show Apassionata.

One is expected to dress for dinner in the attire of the evening (after 6pm). So what you should see in the DR is everyone dressed formal (or whatever passes for formal these days).

Hope this helps.

Jeanne

The red, white and blue ball is on the casual evening dress (July 4th). We will be pulling into New York Harbor and dock in front of the Statue of Liberty to enjoy all the fireworks first hand.

Being that it is casual, I will be wearing white slacks with a red, white and blue flag shirt. My husband will be wearing white pants with a blue shirt that has red and white stars.

See you on board!

Helane [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

40+ Cruises
QM2 7/1/04

Archived