Just back from Explorer & Loved the Kids Club!

grossnmoe

We just got back from the Explorer of the seas & my son (4 yrs.) loved the kids club. He loved it so much he would cry when we picked him up at night and as soon as he would wake up in the morning he would ask to go. This was our son's first cruise and we were nervous about this aspect of the cruise. For anyone who is unsure. Rest assure this program is great. The staff go out of there way to make sure the kids have a great time. I can't wait till our next curise.:)

My kids loved it too! Mine are 4, 9, and 12. They all begged to go, and begged us to stay out later so they could have fun!

It is a great program... I really loved the 3-5 year old group, they did great activities and crafts. My son's favorite thing was Pirate night, when they dressed up and paraded into the promenade!

Karen

that other people's children love the kid's programs. My DS went on the Disney Cruise with my mom when he was 4 1/2 and he WOULDN'T go! My mom even dropped him off crying and left him there anyway (thinking he would stop and warm up to the idea). Well he didn't, but they gave her a beaper and beaped her b/c he wanted to leave. Not trying to scare anyone, he doesn't warm to strangers easily. Well now he is 6 1/2 and we are going to try again. We also have a DS 2 who DOES warm up very easily. I just really want them to go to the pajama parties at night so DH and I can have a few nights out. Since they will be together for that, I hope they'll be OK with it. Here's hoping!:)

We are booked on the Explorer 7/1/07 with our daughter (3) and son (5) and I am glad that your son enjoyed the kids club. We are travelling with my SIL, niece (20) and nephew (18) so we have some built in sitters, but we do want the kids to enjoy some activites with other children. What were your son's favorite activities??

My son's enjoyed everything. But, he loved the staff Mr. Bear! (he is great with the little kids. He loved the pirate parade and all the face painting. We would pick my son and his face would be a different each time. He loved the talent show too!

We are booked on the Explorer 7/1/07 with our daughter (3) and son (5) and I am glad that your son enjoyed the kids club. We are travelling with my SIL, niece (20) and nephew (18) so we have some built in sitters, but we do want the kids to enjoy some activites with other children. What were your son's favorite activities??

Is your daughter a young 3 or an older 3? Look for my AO review on this board regarding Freedom of the Seas. The Aquanauts do ALOT of arts/crafts, including science projects. My daughter who JUST turned 3 the day before the cruise was not as thrilled with this cruise as she was with others. She wanted to do more dancing, game playing, high energy stuff. Now she DID beg to go to AO every minute of the day. But I noticed when I would check on her she looked bored and she was done by 9pm every night. On other cruises I had to drag her out by 10:30 so I could go to sleep.

My Daughter will be 3 at the end of this month. Both of my kids are high energy!! Thanks for the heads up on all the sit down time. They both enjoy arts & crafts and stories, but for sure they won't sit for long! I'm glad that we are travelling with other family members, they want to spend time with the kids on vacation. That gives my husband and myself much deserved time together. What are your thoughts on bringing a stroller? I am thinking about packing a small umbrella one for my daughter.

My Daughter will be 3 at the end of this month. Both of my kids are high energy!! Thanks for the heads up on all the sit down time. They both enjoy arts & crafts and stories, but for sure they won't sit for long! I'm glad that we are travelling with other family members, they want to spend time with the kids on vacation. That gives my husband and myself much deserved time together. What are your thoughts on bringing a stroller? I am thinking about packing a small umbrella one for my daughter.

As far as the stroller...YES YES and YES! The stroller is a great way to keep them reigned in. And the unknown added benefit (shhh don't tell those without kids) but if you have a kid in a stroller, you get to take the ELEVATOR to the first floor and get to the front of the line to get off the ship in ports. Everyone esle has to wait on the stairs. :D I had a couple of people who offered me money to take Gab in the elevator to jump the line...HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh and as far as high energy and sitting. I posted this on my review thread on the RCCL board but here is a sample from the first afternoon that Gab got into trouble....

Ages 3-5

Aquanauts

Day Two

2pm sign in - Spongebob Afternoon

2:30pm Creative Creations - Make your own spongebob (coloring)

3pm - Mr. Krab's charades

3:15pm - Jellyfishing

3:30pm - Adventure Art by Crayola - Making Portholes

4pm - Adventure Science: Making Sea Creatures

4:30pm - Patricks Crazy Puzzle

4:45pm - Story Time - Red Fish Blue Fish

5pm - Parent/Guardians Sign Out

So there is 30 minutes of MOVING activities and 2.5 HOURS of sitting. :eek: For a 3 year old that is just too much.

Oh and of course my favorite activity for the 3 year olds at 10am on day 2...YEP: Why do we wear wristbeands on the Freedom of the Seas? Youth evacuation plan.

What 3 year old cares????

Thanks for the stroller tip, I guess I should pack one for my son too. Not that he will sit in it for long, but I'm always looking for an excuse to get ahead LOL...Looks like I may have to use the kids club for down time!! Let them run around, swim etc with us then head in for some arts & crafts etc. It is what it is....because this is our 1st cruise I don't have any huge expectations except to have a great time with my family!! Thanks for all your info Halley

Archived