Serenade-cabin 7578-How bad does lifeboat effect view??

We have booked Alaska 7/5/08 and put my parents in balcony cabin 7578. The rest of the family is in 7583/7585 (interior quads). Does anyone have details on the view from 7578? Is there a better quad balacony I should consider even if a bit further away from rest of family? Please give me any and all insights...Thanks!!!!

We were in cabin 7078 (exact same location on port side) and never had a problem. Your parents will have a perfect view. It is only partially obstructed by lifeboats if you look straight down. Since you all will be looking straight ahead to view the beauty of Alaska, you'll enjoy every minute of it.

We were on Radiance last year with a similar balcony cabin, although I don't remember the #.

I was a little bummed when we first got to the cabin and I saw that we didn't have a clear view looking down. However, during the cruise it didn't make a bit of difference in our enjoyment of the balcony. You still have a great view of the water, you're not missing out on anything. I'd book a room there again.

Archived