Is Princess Cays connected to Eleuthera?

JackieB

Or, is it necessary to take a boat from the P. Cays to Eleuthera?

I am pondering scouting the island for a vacation get-away or a real estate investment and I would love to scout around during a cruise stop.

Princess has initially said I may not get off here and then they said that I would need to arrange my own boat transportation to Eleuthera.

Google Earth makes it look like the island is attached by a bridge.

Does anyone know the real scoop?

Thanks,

Jack

• 1 month later...

Princess Cays is actually a small section of beach on the island Eleuthera. The island is very long, like 35 miles or so. Princess Cays refers to the section of beach way down at the south end that they lease for daytime ship dockings.

I don't know how you would travel anywhere else on the island without having already arranged for someone to meet you down there before you ever get there. And then, I'm not sure how you would do that.

There is nothing else around the Princess Cays area. No town, to taxi cabs, no restaurants, nothing but a few local shops selling trinkets and small souvenirs. It's not like other ports where you can just get a cab and go anywhere else. There's no where else to go and even less of a way to get there from Princess Cays.

Brad

Archived