walkie talkies on Crown Princess ?'s

crissyp

Those types of radio signals don't travel well through steel walls (aka ships), so many people make up the difference by raising their voices or moving around while raising their voices.

It does not bother me near as much as amuses me.

I do have to say that the whole "I paid for my vacation too" is a pretty selfish attitude and if everyone on the ship acted like that, things could get pretty ugly - so even though we all paid to be there, let's try and be civil and respectful of each other :)

I wasn't going to get into this topic, but I don't think the OP was being selfish at all...she was simply trying to make a point that she also paid good money for her vacation and if making the vacation enjoyable means brining walkie talkies to keep track of her kids then that's her option and not anyone elses!

I also plan to bring them to have the option of getting in touch with my niece if I need to .... it just a comforting way to know you can call if you get separated. I don't plan on being a nuisance to any of my fellow travelers as we will use them sparingly.

I wasn't going to get into this topic, but I don't think the OP was being selfish at all...she was simply trying to make a point that she also paid good money for her vacation and if making the vacation enjoyable means brining walkie talkies to keep track of her kids then that's her option and not anyone elses!

...so I can do anything I want to make my vacation enjoyable and that is my option and noone elses in spite of how it may affect other guests and is not prohibited by Princess??? Pretty dangerous attitude if you ask me.

I think the Admiral was on to something with the civility and respect :)

:confused: Has anyone noticed that it is "advice" if you like the suggestion and "an attempt to run someone's life" if you don't? :D :D

OMG that is funny :p , and yet so sad and true at the same time :(

Facts

Fact- They are allowed onboard

Fact- Princess will even rent them to you.

Fact- People will abuse them.

Fact- What annoys one, may or may not annoy others.

Fact- They are a convenient tool

Fact- If you are easily annoyed by others, there are better suited vacations.

I wish I didn't have to deal with loud obnoxious drunks,:( but I would not tell people they shouldn't drink.

I wish when I go into a lounge/bar I wouldn’t have to breath smoke,:mad: but I wouldn't tell you not to smoke.

I wish I wouln't get run over by the self-inflicted morbidly obese passengers that hold up the buffet line trying to navigate their scooter and 5,900 calorie fat laden tray though the line,:eek: but I wouldn’t tell them not to bring them.

People need to relax and stop worrying about others. If others are a problem, perhaps another vacation would be a better choice!!

Archived