ON FOS Now - Help with AO PLEASE!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!! :D :D :D

Thank YOU ALL for ALL of your support!!!!! Now I know why I love this board so much!!!!!!

I was sitting on the edge of my chair reading all of these posts! I am happy to know it all worked out. I am glad you went to Guest Relations on this one. It needed to be addressed, not just for your daughter but also for future children who will be cruising with her. I know that all AO staff have an child education schooling, but wonder if this woman had ever had real life hands-on training with this age group.

Kudos to you! :D

Now I am scared to take my kids on the SOV next week!! My son is on the border of the Autism Specturm (we are awaiting the results from the psychologist but won't have them in time for the cruise) but is developmentally delayed. Every blue moon he can have a break down and if they (AO people) are going to react in such a horrible manner perhaps I souldn't send him at all...I am very nervous now!! My son may go through and have no problems but I would like to know if he did/does that it will be okay too. He also had tubes put in at 2.5 yrs of age and his specch was very delayed but has made GREAT progress with speech therapy so hang in there with that!!

So happy all turned out well Michelle. As mothers we can't help but get sick when it comes to our children but alls well that ends well. Enjoy your cruise and family. Children grow up too quickly so just enjoy them and DH!!:) Stay Happy!!!!

ANOTHER UPDATE! We're home! :D

The rest of the week was fine for Gabriella. We WERE called on the phone one night at 9pm cause to quote one of the counselors "There were too many kids in AO that night and Gabriella was crying". I came to find out from my older daughter that another little girl hit Gabriella in the chin, Gab started crying.

The AO counselor's name was Marlene. If we saw her on the ship outside AO, she did NOT say HI to Gabriella. :mad: Oh well, I made my opinion known on the comment card that she should NOT be around small children. She had NO patience for them.

And to explain the "strike" system. There ARE strikes for "potty accidents". Gabriella did NOT have any of them. But that was explained to us on the first day of sign ups.

If they deem any behavior to be inappropriate, they will give your child a time out (the girl who hit Gabriella did get one). Then if the behavior continues the strike system is implemented.

So we thank you for all of your help! We had a wonderful time!

And Gabriella thanks you too. :D

Freedom-GabMoDinner.jpg

ANOTHER UPDATE! We're home! :D

The rest of the week was fine for Gabriella. We WERE called on the phone one night at 9pm cause to quote one of the counselors "There were too many kids in AO that night and Gabriella was crying". I came to find out from my older daughter that another little girl hit Gabriella in the chin, Gab started crying.

The AO counselor's name was Marlene. If we saw her on the ship outside AO, she did NOT say HI to Gabriella. :mad: Oh well, I made my opinion known on the comment card that she should NOT be around small children. She had NO patience for them.

And to explain the "strike" system. There ARE strikes for "potty accidents". Gabriella did NOT have any of them. But that was explained to us on the first day of sign ups.

If they deem any behavior to be inappropriate, they will give your child a time out (the girl who hit Gabriella did get one). Then if the behavior continues the strike system is implemented.

So we thank you for all of your help! We had a wonderful time!

And Gabriella thanks you too. :D

Freedom-GabMoDinner.jpg

I'm sorry, but I would still have to write a letter to RCI to make sure they know that Marlene either needs very close supervision or even removed from her position in AO. Not all of us are cut out for such an intense child-driven environment, and none of our kids need to go through such undeserved treatment like that which Gab went through.

And not speaking to Gab outside of the program means that she was mad at all of you for bringing the issues to management's attention. Very mature, huh?

I would definitely write a letter, praising all the positive points, and the supervisor Jessica (I think that's what you said), and in as friendly and professional manner as possible, politely explain that Marlene needs to take her college degree elsewhere!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but I would still have to write a letter to RCI to make sure they know that Marlene either needs very close supervision or even removed from her position in AO. Not all of us are cut out for such an intense child-driven environment, and none of our kids need to go through such undeserved treatment like that which Gab went through.

And not speaking to Gab outside of the program means that she was mad at all of you for bringing the issues to management's attention. Very mature, huh?

I would definitely write a letter, praising all the positive points, and the supervisor Jessica (I think that's what you said), and in as friendly and professional manner as possible, politely explain that Marlene needs to take her college degree elsewhere!!!!!!

I am going to do that. I want to tell RCCL what an absolutly wonderful time we had. And I want to praise all of the wonderful service we received (and name those individuals). But I also want to point out Marlene and her need to be reassigned.

Archived