Tornado Warning in Galveston!

SheriNtexas

Shep Smith on Foxnews just showed a live shot of Galveston beaches, and said they were under a tornado warning, although i think it was expiring! Seeing the beach makes me want my cruise in july to hurry up and get here! I was getting irritated that the web cam was frozen again there, maybe they really DO have a reason this time-tornadoes, although i don't want there to BE a tornado there!

Well for a min there I was going to suggest that your Weatherman was smoking crack....I live 20 min from the port of Galveston,and while it is a wee bit over cast here,we have been in the pool and enjoying our day all day.

But thanks to you,I now see this max.gif

Maybe time to head inside for a while :p

And you could be me and have to wait until Jan for your next cruise:eek:

Well for a min there I was going to suggest that your Weatherman was smoking crack....I live 20 min from the port of Galveston,and while it is a wee bit over cast here,we have been in the pool and enjoying our day all day.

But thanks to you,I now see this max.gif

Maybe time to head inside for a while :p

And you could be me and have to wait until Jan for your next cruise:eek:

Hey, I was just repeating what Shep said! I was sitting here and all of a sudden he said the word Galveston, which caused me to actually LOOK up from my computer and it said the word Live and it was showing the beach, and then shep said, it is expiring in 30 seconds!:confused: Glad there was no tornado, but watch out for those storms! I live in Midland and yesterday places around us got upwards of 8 inches!:eek:

Hey, I was just repeating what Shep said! I was sitting here and all of a sudden he said the word Galveston, which caused me to actually LOOK up from my computer and it said the word Live and it was showing the beach, and then shep said, it is expiring in 30 seconds!:confused: Glad there was no tornado, but watch out for those storms! I live in Midland and yesterday places around us got upwards of 8 inches!:eek:

8 inches of rain in the Midland area must have seemed like Noah's own flood!! I'm sure there were a lot of flash flood warnings to go along with that.

Galveston and SE Texas get some significant flooding with that much rain as it can occur in as little as three hours. One thing we don't get too concerned about are tornadoes right on the coast. Granted, I've seen more funnel clouds down here then I ever did living in the Panhandle, but they are pretty weak compared to what happens further inland. Some can turn into water spouts and dance across the bay sometimes several at once, but when they come ashore, they are usually not much stronger then a West Texas whirlwind and might drop a mullet or two on your car.

But, what they don't mention a lot are the tornadoes within the hurricanes, often, that is the cause of the real devastation you see after the storm.

Archived