Internet

usnavywife

How much is it for nonsuite people :D

Dh needs to send in his midterm while we are gone I keep telling him to wait until we get back to the hotel in Seattle:rolleyes:

TIA

The new rate is 75 cents per minute, but there are packages that can take it down to about 50 cents per minute.

Also, Platinum and Elite members receive a $100 credit for internet use, after which is .75 a minute. This is per member - not per cabin. So if you have 2 Platinum members EACH has a $100 credit. I just got off the Coral (rt Ft Lauderdale to Panama Canal) and some members thought it was $200 for the cabin. It is per member and if one member doesn't use the $100 credit, it is NOT applied to the other member sharing the cabin nor is it applied as a credit to your overall balance.

The service does give you the first minute free to allow you the opportunity to test the speed of the internet. A simple mail client such as GMail was extremely painfully slow (way too many adverbs but you get the point)

If he can, it would probably be better to send it from the hotel. The ship's internet was very slow. And some of my outgoing emails never got there. Not important in my case but I would hate for your husband to think it was sent when in fact it never got there. If you can verify it's arrival then okay.

Most ports have a cyber cafe. Much cheaper anyway

Plus with the crew and passengers that come through those ports they are probably within walking distance from the ship ... ;)

and as mentioned, users are not allowed to load anything onto the ship's computers, so you would have to have your own.

Thanks guys

I have since described it as bad as the navys email service when on a ship, and he has used that enough to know the unreliablity lol. So I think he will hold off and 75 cents is crazy imo. Especially when the hotel is FREE:D . Oh and we are taking my laptop and I think he is hoping to work on it on the plane and in the airport for our 4.5 hour layover:eek: .

Thanks again

Archived