May 4 - cruise to nowhere $59

ma_t_gus

Wow! A $10 credit. That's pretty good. Enjoy the cruise.

eh, better than nothing right?! I didnt book b/c of it or anything, i didnt even know i got it til after I made the full payment. I just said, oh, okay, thanks!

I didn't get a fantastic deal by booking so early. The weekend cost me over $1000- for an inside cabin. I live so close to the pier, that I will wait until price drop to book again, if not, no loss either. ;)

Yeah, I'd say you paid a bit (obvious understatement) more for your inside room, but now you're armed with a plan for future ones :) Lessons learned :)

I'm sure we will all have a blast regardless of the price :)

I'm just wondering to the people that paid a higher price earlier on, why wouldn't the cruise company bump them up instead of leaving a really bad taste in their mouth. Some have paid $288 pp for an inside, and with some people getting a balcony for $200 for 2 people. I think it is bad business practice especially for cruiselines not to upgrade passengers. By just upgrading and rewarding those that booked early can go a long way with future referrals.

FOR THE MAY 5 ONE NIGHTER:

We have a total of 9 couples going: The first 4 couples are paying $538 + $78.62 taxes =$616.62 per COUPLE for OCEANVIEW. (I have AA Owners Suite -- YEA!)

My 4 other couple friends booked yesterday for a total of $276.62 PER COUPLE. 2 have obstructed oceanviews, and two got balconies for the same price. NCL agent I have been dealing with said its all in the timing.

She said they first offered upgrades to balconies, etc to those who were booked at lower inside cabins, (my friends who booked earlier (last WEEK!) got upsell offer $60 per couple to a balcony -- then they complained about other lower prices being offered to othre friends and were both immediately upgraded for free to an AF MINI SUITE)

Then, I guess NCL dropped the prices to fill the lower cabins. However, when I called last evening for another cabin, NCL could only pull up the $450+ fare for oceanview/Inside. I made her pull my other friends reservation that was booked earlier in the day to use certain promotion codes for the $276 fare for 2 ppl. Not sure how, but it worked.

They did get me, my guest fare is $158.00 and government taxes/fees $78.62 for a total of $236.32. My PCC broke it down telling me $59 fare Gov. & Taxes $39 and $10 to? I thought she said security fee .????:confused:

Im not really sure how it was broke down, But I do like $236.62 for Ocean view on deck 8.

Hi Ace. Just wondering. Why didn't you get the balcony instead of the Oceanview? We also paid $236.62 for the BA balcony. Also, the receipt says onboard credit included. Do you know what this means?

Phil

Hi Ace. Just wondering. Why didn't you get the balcony instead of the Oceanview? We also paid $236.62 for the BA balcony. Also, the receipt says onboard credit included. Do you know what this means?

Phil

The on board credit means you have 10 dollars each.

We also paid for our cruise on NCL three months ahead. and then the price dropped. Called 4 different times and NCL would not give us any money back or upgrade us....never again! Been on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess and they have always lowed our price even up to the last week before sailing!

We also paid for our cruise on NCL three months ahead. and then the price dropped. Called 4 different times and NCL would not give us any money back or upgrade us....never again! Been on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess and they have always lowed our price even up to the last week before sailing!

Was it a good deal for you when you booked it?

Would you still have been satisfied had the price stayed the same or gone higher?

If the answer to the above is "Yes" ... why be upset about it ... enjoy your cruise :) No need to feel like you've been deliberately slighted.

We paid $199 for an inside. I just got NCL to give me an upgrade to a minisuite, so I am happy. But I had to call 3 times and naming this forum and saying others were getting upgrades seemed to make a difference. I booked through my Latitudes rep, not a TA, but she was no help at all. The regular NCL guy was better once I pushed a little. But I wanted to make clear that booking with NCL rather than a TA or other third-party did not hurt us one bit.

Wow, what a surprise: After getting in line at 330pm, we finally boarded at 630pm. The long lines had started early in the afternoon. The already short journey was even shorter after a much delayed sailaway.

I saw alot of people complaining at the Pursers desk. We felt it was a problem with the Vancouver Port authority and not the cruiseline so we just boarded and did our one-nighter...happy to enjoy the final leg of our trip.

Does anyone know what, if anything, NCL did to satisfy those that complained at the Pursers desk?

Archived