NCL Child Fees Under 2 Years.

hsc

We are thinking on booking NCL Spirit for Feb. and want to take along our grandsons ages 1 and 4. Has anyone traveled with a child under 2 and what was the price? NCL web site states that the price is substantially reduced for a child under 2, what does that mean? Thank You.

HSC,

We are on the Spirit for the 8/21 Alaska cruise and going with our 20 month old son. We only pay the port fees and taxes (which for Alaska comes to $201). You pay the same for them regardless of what type of room you reserve ( i.e. we're on a balcony room, but if we had booked a suite, we still would only pay $201 for him even though we would pay more per adult). I think the port fees and taxes for the Alaska cruises are higher, so you might end up paying less for your 1 year old on your cruise.

When we cruised with our under age 2 passengers (niece last year, daughter year before that) their cruise fare was $0 plus port & gov. taxes. NCL was the only cruise line to offer anything like this.

I noticed the new verbage "substantially reduced prices" for children under 2 also, so perhaps they are entertaining different options for this policy on different sailings (holidays, maybe?). I still think there is a good chance that the "under 2's" could be free + taxes.

I'd give a call to your TA, or to NCL if you are booking direct. With your sailing date and ship, they will be able to tell you what the 3/4 & infant rate would be without actually making a reservation.

We're booked on the Spirit 5-day in January 2005 with our DD who will be 17 months when we sail. She was free plus port charges and taxes which came to about $150. Combined with really low rates for us, it works out to be quite a bargain.

Thanks for the INFO from experienced cruisers ....

I called NCL and asked that same question when we were considering taking our kids and grandkids on the STAR to MexRiv. The answer I got, "under two they sail for substantially reduced rate." I said, "I know, I read that!" The reply was, "Then I don't know what it means either!" HA!! I didn't press the issue because the kids decided not to go on the cruise .... BUT, I have had great success in the past by asking the first line operator to speak to their supervisor, and so on and so on (if need be).

Archived